Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #31
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I've never seen the water pageant either. Another item to add to the August 2013 list of WDW things to do.

Yes...and I can promise, as soon as you DO see it, you will never NOT see it again!

Michael is growing so fast, that sometimes he wakes up and complains that his knees are hurting him. I fully expect when he reaches Tim's age he'll want to do nothing but sleep all day. I sometimes joke that I keep expecting the kid to wake up in shredded pajamas, having bust through them during the night like the Hulk!

That's SUCH a great visual!! I can totally picture it happening!

I can't wait to read about Tim's reaction to the surprise.
Well...you can watch it, if you want! I pulled over into a parking lot so I could have the flip and the camera both going at once, lol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Checking in! Is my room ready yet? Oh Wait - It's not that kind of check-in! I'm coming back to read - thanks for the heads up!
Check in anytime you want...but you can never leave!

Oh wait...not that kind of check in either! Hi Tammie-thank you for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I'm here. Finally got caught up on all of my subscriptions & here you are with a new one. Can't wait to read this one as it is so special!
Mother of Wicket!! Thanks for coming!! You are right, it was so special- thanks for noticing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I think you get MOM of the year award!
I'd like to thank the Academy....THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing
Thank you for coming along for the ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
You are the coolest mother evah!! The video was so sweet, it made me tear up. I miss that gawky age, my boys have been grown men for quite awhile. My baby is 32 & he loves baseball, played in high school. He is now a baseball coach for a local high school.

That is wonderful- so he can still play the game he loves. And YOU made ME tear up because you said you did. He IS in that gawky age right now- voice is cracking, pants too short, nose too big, mouth full of braces...so sweet....

You are lucky to be able to do this trip with Timmy. Special moments like these become infrequent as they grow up. Loving this TR so far.
And now you made me cry again!! I felt very, very lucky to spend this time with him- thanks.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #32
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR! We stayed at VWL for our first family trip and loved it! Looking forward to reading about the cruise!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #33
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Wow! I love his face. Beth asked when are we taking a mom and daughter trip to wdw. Hmmm. I may have to make that work. You are a rock star for pulling that off.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #34
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

following along. Love reading your other trip reports
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #36
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

You have to tell Timmy to hold back his excitement. You are really the most awesome Mom!

Looking forward to your PM....2 weeks!!!!!

Jill in CO
Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #37
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

UGGG stupid work, got in the way of me enjoying your trippy and now im all the way on page 3.. BOO lol

Have to say your 1st night sounds so relaxing just dinner and the resort. Sushi did look amazing. Love how Tim looked like he was just tearing those wings up too!

Oh my waffle... they all looked so good. How did you choose just one? LOL

And I know I have already told you that you get most aweome mom of the year award but will you adopt me..? That was such an amazing way to surprize him and he fell for it yeah!

Cant wait to read more, especially your cruise. How neat to do a 1 on 1 trip, what a great memory to give them, and you!! I would love to do that with each of the boys.

On a side note.. woohooo 2 weeks YEAH BUDDY!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #38
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

The video is priceless...Timmy trying to stay cool all the while thrilled to be going to the game!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #39
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm back! So cool you loved VWL I had the same expectation - we were from the PNW, so I wanted to stay somewhere different and exotic. Then we had dinner over at WCC, and I never wanted to leave. I think it is the most amazing theming they have done! Maybe because it seems so authentic, even the smells like you said. I had the best glass of cab while sitting on a rocking chair and just enjoying the relaxing view. I got homesick and called our parents while sitting on a bench in the back walk at VWL. I can't wait to actually stay there, and now that we are in the South, it will feel different and exotic!

Dinner at Kona Café looks amazing! I will have to remember how filling the sushi is.

How fun the way you surprised Tim! His reaction is priceless! So fun to see his happy face - great seats, BTW. AND you look fabulous!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #40
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You pulled it off brilliantly! Love his face when he digs through the goodies. I am sure he was pleased with his seat at the game as well.
You ARE supermom!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #41
podsnel

Ok- so 2 years ago, I was able to surprise Tyler with a trip to Disney. I was already bringing Timmy for 3 nights, but Pods was ADAMENT that Tyler could not go because he would miss baseball practice (silly Pods!). TWO DAYS before we left, I got on the phone with my baseball "sisters"- end result, we spoke to the coach (from the other team who was supposed to run the practices over break while our coach was on vacay) and he said, "That's ridiculous! Tell Kenny (Pods) to call me! It's middle school- it doesn't matter-go while you can!"

Funny thing- that coach is now Timmy's coach, and when he found out Timmy would be on a cruise over break instead of at the scrimmages- he said, "So- I hear you'll be taking away my boy on a cruise" and I said, "Yea- I heard it's middle school and it doesn't matter!"

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to look at what TYLER'S reaction was at 13 to his surprise. He thought we were going to Physical Therapy, he had a shoulder injury ( yet ANOTHER reason why missing practice was not so important). Funny, how cool HE was at 13, too. And- not to be missed- what 11 year old Timmy's long gone little boy voice had to say from the back seat....

Click to play

I love that Timmy is raggin on Tyler for not showing any excitement- LMAO!!! Where was the 11 year old in our back seat when we were going to the Yankees game??

Old 04-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #42
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Loving this already!!

Firstly let me say that Wilderness Lodge is our absolute favourite resort and we have 10 glorious nights at the Villas booked for December

It's wonderful that you lined up such an awesome suprise - you must be the coolest mom right now!

Can't wait to read about the rest of you trip
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #43
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Love the video. We are surprising the boys on the last day of school with our trip to WDW. We will leave the next day. Matt turns 12 next week and I hope he still will be excited - I think he will . I know Shawn who is 9 will be bouncing off the walls.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #44
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoying your TR! We stayed at VWL for our first family trip and loved it! Looking forward to reading about the cruise!
Thanks Cheryl! Day 3 we get on the ship- so you will not have long to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Wow! I love his face. Beth asked when are we taking a mom and daughter trip to wdw. Hmmm. I may have to make that work. You are a rock star for pulling that off.
Thank you! I was very excited- I was BURSTING, actually- and you can hear it in my voice when I am asking him where we are going and what we will do there- I was just like, "C'MON TIM!!! ANSWER THE STUPID QUESTIONS SO I CAN TELL YOU!!! I hope you can work it out with Beth-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
following along. Love reading your other trip reports
Thank you!! I had no idea! I enjoy yours, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Joining in and will catch up when I get home next week!
Have a great trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You have to tell Timmy to hold back his excitement. You are really the most awesome Mom!

Looking forward to your PM....2 weeks!!!!!

Jill in CO
LMAO- I just posted the video of Tyler because you said that! UBER-Coolness is definitely a trait of 13 year old boys!

And I PM'd you this morning- See you in the Ditch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
UGGG stupid work, got in the way of me enjoying your trippy and now im all the way on page 3.. BOO lol

Have to say your 1st night sounds so relaxing just dinner and the resort. Sushi did look amazing. Love how Tim looked like he was just tearing those wings up too!

I was actually surprised at how he went after those wings- he sucked those bones dry!! Normally he doesn't like sauce- but I guess Kona was different.

Oh my waffle... they all looked so good. How did you choose just one? LOL

Timmy chose- I didn't have them- stupid me, trying to be good and eat some protein instead-

And I know I have already told you that you get most aweome mom of the year award but will you adopt me..? That was such an amazing way to surprize him and he fell for it yeah!

I've always wanted a daughter!! Now we can go to the Bippity Boppity Boutique! Which princess do you want to be, Sweetheart?

Cant wait to read more, especially your cruise. How neat to do a 1 on 1 trip, what a great memory to give them, and you!! I would love to do that with each of the boys.

It was a great thing- and then when we got home, a week later we went to Rehoboth alone (well, with his team) too- lots of Mommy and me time this spring!!

On a side note.. woohooo 2 weeks YEAH BUDDY!
YEAH BUDDY!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #45
tammy
DIS Veteran

Awww...so so sweet!! I have 1 child (who is an adult now) and he still loves to spend time with his momma. I absolutely love it and treasure every moment. Thanks for sharing!
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: