Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #31
HollyH
Are we there yet!!!!!

acndis... my kiddos are drinking age so they are wanting to do a pub crawl on our pre night, whereas my DH & I would like to find a pub/restaurant with music/storytelling, etc. Still searching for common ground!
Too many trips to list!
DCL Eastern 6/26/04
DCL Western 2/26/05
WDW Grand Gathering 6/24/06
Granddaughter's first trip! 7/11/10
Granddaughter's first cruise! 6/20/12
ABD - Emerald Isle - 7/02/13
HollyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #32
emesmom
Earning My Ears

Anybody else on the 7/13/13 trip?
emesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #33
acndis
Earning My Ears

Pif

We are PIF! Can't wait. We have decided to go to the National Museum of Ireland on pre-day Tuesday (it's closed Monday) before the Welcome Dinner. Am I missing something or is it NOT on our tour? Just making sure.

We would love to do a pub crawl, too, but it's not really appropriate for our 5-year old! However, we'd love to hear about where folks are thinking of dining on their pre-nights. We are total foodies!

Also, I highly recommend the DVD The Story of Ireland with Fergal Keane. It's a great primer for the history of the country. It was fascinating! It made me realize how little I knew about Ireland and what a unique place it is.

Does anyone know who our guides are? I saw that Jennae had posted a picture of Ireland on the ABD site but does anyone know anything for sure?
acndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #34
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acndis View Post
We are PIF! Can't wait. We have decided to go to the National Museum of Ireland on pre-day Tuesday (it's closed Monday) before the Welcome Dinner. Am I missing something or is it NOT on our tour? Just making sure.

We would love to do a pub crawl, too, but it's not really appropriate for our 5-year old! However, we'd love to hear about where folks are thinking of dining on their pre-nights. We are total foodies!

Also, I highly recommend the DVD The Story of Ireland with Fergal Keane. It's a great primer for the history of the country. It was fascinating! It made me realize how little I knew about Ireland and what a unique place it is.

Does anyone know who our guides are? I saw that Jennae had posted a picture of Ireland on the ABD site but does anyone know anything for sure?
From what I can tell the National Museum of Ireland is not on the tour.

I haven't thought about dining too much so I second any recommendations from DISers.

And thank you for the information on the DVD. Will check it out before we go.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #35
sleevesend
Earning My Ears

Emerald Isles 8/3/2013 ....

Are we going alone?
"We" is: Mary and Terry 50ish and our daughter Sarah 18. We're from south Florida. This will be her graduation trip ... Ireland is her choice and we could't be happier. Her first time and my husband's first time, I had a layover at Shannon airport on my way to Germany years ago ... but my first time too!

Who else is going?
sleevesend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #36
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevesend View Post
Are we going alone?
"We" is: Mary and Terry 50ish and our daughter Sarah 18. We're from south Florida. This will be her graduation trip ... Ireland is her choice and we could't be happier. Her first time and my husband's first time, I had a layover at Shannon airport on my way to Germany years ago ... but my first time too!

Who else is going?
The beauty of ABD is that you *won't* be going alone! Just maybe not with other DISers!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #37
couture1
Earning My Ears

Ireland 7/23/13

Hi, my three children and I just booked the 7/23/13 Ireland trip.
It will be our 2nd ABD. Last August we loved Italy Signature.
When we booked we got the last slots, anyone else on the boards going?
Any tips for the trip?
couture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #38
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture1 View Post
Hi, my three children and I just booked the 7/23/13 Ireland trip.
It will be our 2nd ABD. Last August we loved Italy Signature.
When we booked we got the last slots, anyone else on the boards going?
Any tips for the trip?
Welcome to the thread.
I am eagerly counting down the time until our trip.
The biggest tip I've read about Ireland is to have a light rainjacket as it rains quite often.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
couture1
Earning My Ears

July 22 2013

Hi we are going to Ireland July 22 2013, any others out there?
Any "Not to be missed" tips from any prior travelers?
couture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #40
Jack'sGirl5
Convinced that pirates still exist out there . . . somewhere

Just booked the 7/1/14 trip -- yea!

Hi!
Frequent WDW and DL visitor and sometimes cruiser -- just booked our first ever ABD trips, so excited!

It will be me and my DD15. I used to travel internationally for business and have been to much of Europe but it will be my first trip for fun -- for her it is the very first European trip ever.

We are going to London for a few days first -- big Dr Who and Harry Potter fans so must do appropriate tours and then also want to see a couple of plays. Then train to Edinburgh and the Scotland ABD starting June 21, 2014. We have an extra day in Scotland and then fly to Ireland for an extra day in Dublin before joining our Ireland ABD on July 1st.

Can't wait!
Buena Vista 1988,1997, Grand Floridian 1996, 2008, 2012, Wilderness Lodge - 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, Magic Eastern - 2007, Wonder Alaska - 2012, DL Hotel - 2009, 2011, ABD Scotland and Ireland - 2014
"A dream is a wish your heart makes . . "
Jack'sGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #41
acndis
Earning My Ears

Extra Expenses??!!

Hey Emerald Isle folks--

We are getting really close to the summer trips. We just got back from the Wonder on the Repo cruise to Vancouver. It was absolutely fantastic but now we are gearing up for Ireland.

I am doing our final budgeting but wanted to know how much everyone was estimated for "extra expenses" (not including Adventure Guide tips). We only spent about $500 extra for the three of us in Greece but I believe Greece was significantly less expensive than Ireland. What is everyone else planning?

acndis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #42
HollyH
Are we there yet!!!!!

We have to budget a little more especially for DH golf at Dromoland.

BTW... Just got our backpacks and trip handbook today! It is getting closer!
Too many trips to list!
DCL Eastern 6/26/04
DCL Western 2/26/05
WDW Grand Gathering 6/24/06
Granddaughter's first trip! 7/11/10
Granddaughter's first cruise! 6/20/12
ABD - Emerald Isle - 7/02/13
HollyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #43
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyH View Post
We have to budget a little more especially for DH golf at Dromoland.

BTW... Just got our backpacks and trip handbook today! It is getting closer!
I got our ABD box today too!! I saw your post while waiting for DD to get her hair trimmed and she couldn't wait to get home to see if our box had arrived.
The new backpacks are not going to work for us at all. Since we are doing Germany and then Ireland we had requested to get the ABD embroidered blankets rather than backpacks for the 2nd ABD trip. Unfortunately, each box contained 2 backpacks. So now we have 4 ugly, unstructured backpacks. Sent an email to my TA to see why the mistake. Maybe they don't offer the blankets anymore.

For my DD and I we're trying to keep each adventure to 500 Euros (not including tips for the guides). I am not a big drinker and don't enjoy beer or wine so I don't anticipate needing to pay any extra for alcohol. That will save some $$. I have some cushion for going over so we'll see.

We leave home in exactly 2 weeks to spend 2 days in New York, then on to Germany. We'll arrive in Dublin in the afternoon on June 30th. Is anyone else arriving early so we can say hello.

Last edited by JacksGirlz; 06-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #44
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksGirlz View Post
I got our ABD box today too!! I saw your post while waiting for DD to get her hair trimmed and she could wait to get home to see if our box had arrived.
The new backpacks are not going to work for us at all. Since we are doing Germany and then Ireland we had requested to get the ABD embroidered blankets rather than backpacks for the 2nd ABD trip. Unfortunately, each box contained 2 backpacks. So now we have 4 ugly, unstructured backpacks. Sent an email to my TA to see why the mistake. Maybe they don't offer the blankets anymore.

For my DD and I we're trying to keep each adventure to 500 Euros (not including tips for the guides). I am not a big drinker and don't enjoy beer or wine so I don't anticipate needing to pay any extra for alcohol. That will save some $$. I have some cushion for going over so we'll see.

We leave home in exactly 2 weeks to spend 2 days in New York, then on to Germany. We'll arrive in Dublin in the afternoon on June 30th. Is anyone else arriving early so we can say hello.
I requested the blankets. We have two of them. I don't find them very practical for travel. They fold into a 13x12 inch rectangle that is almost 2 inches thick. I was expecting something smaller that would fit easily into my backpack without taking up all the space. We received them back in February and they are both still in the plastic wrapping.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #45
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
I requested the blankets. We have two of them. I don't find them very practical for travel. They fold into a 13x12 inch rectangle that is almost 2 inches thick. I was expecting something smaller that would fit easily into my backpack without taking up all the space. We received them back in February and they are both still in the plastic wrapping.
I thought the blanket would be a little more useable. Thank you for the info, Bobo912.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: