Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #3496
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

I'm sooooo excited we will be staying here for the first time this Oct. Nemo was sold out so we decided on Lion King. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where the best location would be? TIA

This thread has some great information!!!
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
Old 04-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #3497
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPiperMommy View Post
I'm sooooo excited we will be staying here for the first time this Oct. Nemo was sold out so we decided on Lion King. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where the best location would be? TIA

This thread has some great information!!!
Just stayed at AoA from 4/10-4/16. (and missing it terribly!!!!!) Best location for Lion King would be Bldg 10, in my opinion. It's the one closest to the buses and Animation Hall. Bldg 6 is on the side near the lake and bridge to Pop Century. I loved AoA!!! It was great. Good luck!

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #3498
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie

If you want a closer building without an almost 10 min walk, you will be paying almost $400 a night, at a "value". According to the WDW website, the average price of a room at AoA is $383.

You can stay deluxe for that price and have so many more amenities than AoA offers.
That is the average price for one of the family suites. The standard rooms in the LM section are 1/2 that price. We are going in mid June and booked a one night say in a LM room before are package starts at AKL for $166.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #3499
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
That is the average price for one of the family suites. The standard rooms in the LM section are 1/2 that price. We are going in mid June and booked a one night say in a LM room before are package starts at AKL for $166.
We left AoA on Tuesday and due to the marathon tragedy, we were not sure if we would be forced to stay another night. (luckily, we were not) They did set aside a suite which was going to be $347 and a LM room for $141, so it was certainly a difference, but obviously because it was a suite. The suites were amazing and the bathrooms...exceptional! Well worth the money.

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #3500
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnac1218 View Post
Just stayed at AoA from 4/10-4/16. (and missing it terribly!!!!!) Best location for Lion King would be Bldg 10, in my opinion. It's the one closest to the buses and Animation Hall. Bldg 6 is on the side near the lake and bridge to Pop Century. I loved AoA!!! It was great. Good luck!
Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited!
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #3501
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie View Post
We were in bldg 8. It took us 8-9 mins to walk to Animation Hall, at a normal pace and not stopping.

Due to the inconvenience of the walk, we wouldn't stay at AoA again. If I'm paying almost $400 a night for a room (the average cost of a room at AoA is $383), it won't be at a "value".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie View Post
If you want a closer building without an almost 10 min walk, you will be paying almost $400 a night, at a "value". According to the WDW website, the average price of a room at AoA is $383.

You can stay deluxe for that price and have so many more amenities than AoA offers.
Big difference between a family suite and a regular standard room!! My LM room is costing me $148 for Sunday night, and $173 (I think) for Sat night. Expensive? Yep. But it's only for two nights. We'll be at Music for the first 4 nights...at half the cost!!

And the walk? I've had worse walks at deluxe resorts!!! Man, the walk to my room in Tokelau at the Polynesian was a lot longer. And the walk to most of my BWV rooms? Double. And AKL-Kidani? Don't go there...if you have a distant room you might want to pack a snack for the walk to the bus stops!!!

And stay at a deluxe for that price, but get more amenities? Nope. Those that are staying in these costly family suites usually have at least 5 in their group....which is going to put them out of the deluxe room occupancy. So, they get a larger 'room', with sleeping for more, as well as privacy for mom and dad, two TVs, a kitchenette. I think they are a very good value. But, it all depends on your needs.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #3502
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeve View Post
Oh wow that's awesome that you guys were able to do that! So what time were you at the park by? 7?
We got on the bus at 6:45 but he waited a few minutes for another family, he told her that he would only wait for 5 minutes- her husband & another child had not got to the bus stop yet, I think it was a little longer than that.
We got to the park about 7:15 am, there was morning traffic, we were prepared to have to wait & keep DD busy, but in the end it worked out great for us!!
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #3503
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
I don't understand the complaint about the walk for the Little Mermaid room.

It really wasn't that bad to me.
I was thinking the same thing!!! We stayed in a Cars Suite but we walked all over the Resort even the back side, it did not seem like a long walk to me, we walked all of this after a day in the park, & I am no young chick either
Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #3504
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

LM room, mugs, walk...

Hi! We have a LM room booked for our trip in June. I'm still debating on switching to a suite, but I'm having trouble justifying the extra 1k! Did that by upgrading to CL at BC for our last trip and was so disappointed. We are not in the room much anyway.
Anywho... Thinking of purchasing two refillable mugs. Mom and I are coffee drinkers. I'm a runner so I have no problem walking over to get coffee each morning. How early can I get coffee?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #3505
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi! We have a LM room booked for our trip in June. I'm still debating on switching to a suite, but I'm having trouble justifying the extra 1k! Did that by upgrading to CL at BC for our last trip and was so disappointed. We are not in the room much anyway.
Anywho... Thinking of purchasing two refillable mugs. Mom and I are coffee drinkers. I'm a runner so I have no problem walking over to get coffee each morning. How early can I get coffee?
Landscapes opens a 6AM, My DH was waiting every morning for coffee, even though our suite had a coffee maker, we only used it 1 time.
It is alot of extra money, the only reason we got the suite was because My DD wanted to stay there & my sister was going also, she needed her own space & had her own bathroom.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #3506
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
Landscapes opens a 6AM, My DH was waiting every morning for coffee, even though our suite had a coffee maker, we only used it 1 time.
It is alot of extra money, the only reason we got the suite was because My DD wanted to stay there & my sister was going also, she needed her own space & had her own bathroom.
6am is Great! Thank you! I can even go twice if 6 am. I'm an early bird.
My boys are 11 are not keen on the LM rooms, but insist on AoA so it is what it is!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #3507
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever done this? We have a LM room booked for 6 nights. I won't upgrade to a suite now, but.... IF I decide to (and suites are available) mid trip would they allow us to pay for a suite for the remainder of the trip? Or would that mess up the tickets? Just thinking even just for two or three nights it might be nice to switch...
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #3508
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Has anyone ever done this? We have a LM room booked for 6 nights. I won't upgrade to a suite now, but.... IF I decide to (and suites are available) mid trip would they allow us to pay for a suite for the remainder of the trip? Or would that mess up the tickets? Just thinking even just for two or three nights it might be nice to switch...
I have stayed in multiple resorts in one stay.
If you are referring to your park tickets, switching rooms (or resorts) won't effect them even if you purchased a package deal. Sometimes they can transfer remaining park tickets to your new KTTK and sometimes you have to carry a second card that has you park tix on it.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 04-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #3509
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Big difference between a family suite and a regular standard room!! My LM room is costing me $148 for Sunday night, and $173 (I think) for Sat night. Expensive? Yep. But it's only for two nights. We'll be at Music for the first 4 nights...at half the cost!!

And the walk? I've had worse walks at deluxe resorts!!! Man, the walk to my room in Tokelau at the Polynesian was a lot longer. And the walk to most of my BWV rooms? Double. And AKL-Kidani? Don't go there...if you have a distant room you might want to pack a snack for the walk to the bus stops!!!

And stay at a deluxe for that price, but get more amenities? Nope. Those that are staying in these costly family suites usually have at least 5 in their group....which is going to put them out of the deluxe room occupancy. So, they get a larger 'room', with sleeping for more, as well as privacy for mom and dad, two TVs, a kitchenette. I think they are a very good value. But, it all depends on your needs.
I have to agree, that depending on your family, the suites are a great value! Many families would have to stay in a villa and this provides them a more affordable option, with a lot of space, for a more reasonable price. We have a family of four and stayed there in Dec vs. a Deluxe because my youngest is a Cars fanatic and we loved the extra space! We are staying Deluxe on our next trip to be closer to MK, but when the youngest is older we will return to MK, especially since we plan to have one more child. That being said, what you get for your money is a great value! Is it more expensive then a standard value room, yes, but it is still a great value compared to staying in a villa!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #3510
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

My point was if you want a room closer to the main building, you will pay big bucks for it.

Luckily for us, we were able to use a CM 40% discount on our LM room. I'm glad we didn't have to pay more.

If I (I, I, I, no mention of a family with 5 people) am going to pay the kind of money Disney is charging for the "value" family suites, I would spend that money at a mod or deluxe first. I have stayed all levels of resorts and yes, the mods and deluxes have more amenities than the values do.

Luckily for us, if we ever decide to go back, we won't be forced to stay at AoA. There are lots of other options to choose from.

AoA is not someplace we'd stay again. YMMV

Just because we didn't care for it doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

Last edited by ManyMinnie; 04-19-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: