Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #1066
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Hi Shannon!

Hangin in there... waiting for spring... I think that we may get it before you... (according to Ken's reports...)

How are the girls doing?
Girls are great! Had them out selling their girl guide cookies on Saturday. Outdoor soccer season will be starting next month once all the snow is off the fields.
Shaelyn and I are off to a mother-daughter camp this weekend and Kaleigh will get a daddy-daughter weekend at home

Spring will come. The snow is now melting faster than its coming!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #1067
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Hope your house hunt is going smoothly and there's more than one for you to look at!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #1068
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quiet day at Casa Lauzon...

The QM is out with her singing group rehearsing for their one time show tomorrow.... I guess I need to get my butt up to the Sr. center to see it tomorrow.

nice day out... I think I'm going to go for a walk....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #1069
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi Friends! Today we're checking out of the hotel and starting our trip back home. But I'm so happy to say that it has been a very successful trip. We have a nice home in a beautiful location. I'm really happy and thrilled.....and Monica is only four miles away.....so we have great neighbors too. haha.

Here's our house....on Kildrummy Drive:

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/...86&s=MFR&t=MFR

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #1070
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Hi Friends! Today we're checking out of the hotel and starting our trip back home. But I'm so happy to say that it has been a very successful trip. We have a nice home in a beautiful location. I'm really happy and thrilled.....and Monica is only four miles away.....so we have great neighbors too. haha.

Oh beautiful, I am so happy for you both xx
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #1071
LisaG520
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nice!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #1072
HollyTyler
I know, I'm stuck on that Mickey crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear View Post
Holly I just started WW online (5 weeks ago,) and have 4 lbs to get back to the lowest number I hit in June 2011, my sleep is better again and my knees feel so much better. Can't wait to get back to my 50lb lost number and start losing new pounds.
Hi PJ! I saw on FB how great you're doing, congrats! I had great success doing WW a few years ago, but gained it all back. I have just had trouble keeping my motivation this time. I'm getting closer though. Started tracking but only had one day of success. Will try again, just have to find that spark of motivation again.
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
HollyTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #1073
HollyTyler

Quote:
I have been to her house so I know where she lives. It's beautiful and it's in a great location, but it's probably more than I can afford. I have checked prices in that area and they are way more than what I can spend. It's all about location and it's really close to the mouse. The other thing is mixing friends with business. I don't think I want to have Connie and Chuck as my landlords. They're too close as friends. I want to keep it that way.

We'll wait it out at least until we finish packing, then we'll see.

That makes perfect sense. Glad to see you found a house!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #1074
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyTyler View Post
Hi PJ! I saw on FB how great you're doing, congrats! I had great success doing WW a few years ago, but gained it all back. I have just had trouble keeping my motivation this time. I'm getting closer though. Started tracking but only had one day of success. Will try again, just have to find that spark of motivation again.
Well... you know what I've been doing...

& for everyone else who didn't hear... I started WW on the 1st... so far it's about 7 lbs... I've had some tough days... but the sugar withdrawal is over and I'm sleeping much better... less pain over all...

My goal this week is to go to the gym 3 times this week...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #1075
Tink rules

& on the slightly comedic side...

(sorry to Karl and any of the other guys reading...)

I had to shave my legs before going to the Gym... I was lazy all winter...

So last night was the night... got out, dried off an announced to the QM that it was safe to be seen out in public with me again...

to which she said "Don't catch cold...."

"ohhh mom.. they weren't THAT bad...."

Old 04-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #1076
HollyTyler

Quote:
got scalped today... Feel SOOOO much better... both me and mom were starting to look a bit shaggy dogish!

Don't know if I mentioned it... but we found out we have a fisher cat in the woods behind our house. I had to warn the neighbors to keep their dogs close to home because they are known to attack humans and small animals. The county won't come to check it out unless the animal is rabid... so I guess I'll just have to be careful when grilling this summer.

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard of one of those. Yikes!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #1077
HollyTyler

Quote:
It's really Holly you have to catch up with!
That'll be easy because Holly's hardly ever on here anymore.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #1078
Tink rules

yeah... I noticed... get with it woman!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1079
HollyTyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
I had it last week and go back next month for repair chip/broken teeth huh, I have put it off for months and so scare to go to dentist so finally got an appointment for next month to get it repair..

Scottishwee35
I have a major dentist phobia! I feel the same way about dentists as you feel about snakes, Deborah!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #1080
HollyTyler

Quote:
Since John retired, we no longer have our great healthcare with the University.....it would have cost us $2k a month to maintain. So he went to the VA because he can. I'm not eligible for the VA since he was not married to me when he served. So I'm on Medicare and I had to get a supplemental insurance thru AARP and a perscription drug program thru AARP. It costs me $265 for all of them, plus copays for the drugs. But they have my meds tiered to determine the copay. Three of them I can't afford anymore so I'll stop taking them and ask my doctor if he can prescribe something else. One of them they won't cover at all, so that one is out too. Basically, I have four medications that I won't be taking anymore and it scares me. I know how bad I felt and how sick I was before I started finding the right doctors and getting the right diagnoses and perscriptions. I'm going to miss having great healthcare coverage for no expense to me except for low copays for doctors and drugs.
Deb, I can't imagine how scary this must be. And frustrating. I hope your doctor has some alternatives for you that will keep you healthy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: