Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #2596
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielafave View Post
We are going on our first WDW family vacation with 2 and 4 year old DD in October. The 4 year old will turn 5 during the trip. Any suggestions for a POR 1st timer? Best rooms to request with small kids, special birthday requests to make, etc.
Thanks!!
Def make it known on your reservation (and any ADRs) that its your DD's Bday, sometimes magic happens when you do this. We put that it was our honeymoon on all our ADRs last year, and some of the restaurants did some really sweet stuff.

As for rooms, thats a tougher call, I am sure the Royal Rooms would be a huge hit, but I am always wary of spending extra money on stuff like that for very young kids, as I don't think they actually remember them, so its a bit of a waste. But your 4/5 yr o ... might be at the point she would remember. Hard call, I am sure a Royal room would make for great photos though.

Otherwise, maybe Aligator Bayou, if the DDs are giving you any issues about sleeping you could just use the fold down bed and separate them...
Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #2597
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

I agree, that is weird!
I would like 2 more POR ME tags since we are going to take advantage of our free luggage on United, but I am hesitant to call and request them this early. Oh we'll maybe I will get another ME package when it gets closer, LOL.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #2598
zaz
Mouseketeer

Hello all,

I have just returned from 7 days at POR. We loved the resort!

We had booked a Royal Room with garden view and I had sent a fax asked for a 2nd floor corner room. We were in Oak Manor building 90, near the fountain and the movies at night.

The only downside was mousekeeping for us. We did leave a tip everyday. Upon our arrival, the toilet handle was broken, so the toilet didn't flush. The fridge in the room didn't close, so nothing stayed cold. And we found stuff from the previous owners (wallet, cosmetics, etc.) The fridge and toilet were promptly repaired, but I was getting worries that the front desk would find us very annoying to keep on calling back. On another day, they left no shampoo, no coffee cup and soap. We had to call back once again.

Other than that, the grounds were beautiful. The activities at the big pool were fun. The room was beautiful and big enough for 3 adults and a child. We enjoyed our location and the possibility to have a drink in our corner table looking our the windows to the courtyard.

Everynight, my daughter would start her fireworks... and so did my mom!!

We enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #2599
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
I would like 2 more POR ME tags since we are going to take advantage of our free luggage on United, but I am hesitant to call and request them this early. Oh we'll maybe I will get another ME package when it gets closer, LOL.

You will only get one per person; you can request more after you receive the package.

You cannot call ahead of time and ask them to throw a couple of extra ones in your package.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #2600
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaz View Post
Hello all,

I have just returned from 7 days at POR. We loved the resort!

We had booked a Royal Room with garden view and I had sent a fax asked for a 2nd floor corner room. We were in Oak Manor building 90, near the fountain and the movies at night.

The only downside was mousekeeping for us. We did leave a tip everyday. Upon our arrival, the toilet handle was broken, so the toilet didn't flush. The fridge in the room didn't close, so nothing stayed cold. And we found stuff from the previous owners (wallet, cosmetics, etc.) The fridge and toilet were promptly repaired, but I was getting worries that the front desk would find us very annoying to keep on calling back. On another day, they left no shampoo, no coffee cup and soap. We had to call back once again.

Other than that, the grounds were beautiful. The activities at the big pool were fun. The room was beautiful and big enough for 3 adults and a child. We enjoyed our location and the possibility to have a drink in our corner table looking our the windows to the courtyard.

Everynight, my daughter would start her fireworks... and so did my mom!!

We enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
For future reference, you don't have to worry about "bothering the front desk" calling back multiple times. Your calls, just like calling from home or work, are routed to a call center that routes your call to the correct department. You are never talking to the front desk - ever.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #2601
memma05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We are going on our first WDW family vacation with 2 and 4 year old DD in October. The 4 year old will turn 5 during the trip. Any suggestions for a POR 1st timer? Best rooms to request with small kids, special birthday requests to make, etc.
Thanks!!
My DD's are 2 and 4 and call the royal rooms their castle lol! The fireworks and all the neat touches like the genie lamp water faucets and princess pictures really made it "real" for them! Now my girls are total princess lovers too so it might depend what your girls like we also have special gifts left each morning from a special princess or character with a little note of what they are doing that day and while they are in the bath at night new PJ's magically appear hehe we try and make it super magical while they still totally believe
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #2602
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post

Call ME at this number and request more: 1-866-599-0951
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #2603
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You cannot call ahead of time and ask them to throw a couple of extra ones in your package.
Yes you actually can. I have friends that just flew in on SWA and you get two free checked bags so they called in before they sent the packet out and then they got two for each person in their ME envelope.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #2604
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!!
Definitely check into a Royal Room! We just stayed in one and thought it was totally worth it! My 6 year old LOVED it, and so did I.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #2605
Princess Vespa
Mouseketeer

When do the packets normally get mailed out? I am leaving in 40 days and have not received mine, but didn't expect it until closer to departure. I am just wondering if I should call...
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #2606
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Vespa View Post
When do the packets normally get mailed out? I am leaving in 40 days and have not received mine, but didn't expect it until closer to departure. I am just wondering if I should call...
You should get it any day now. But I have seen them arrive between 25-40 days out.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #2607
Letsgo2DW
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Don't worry, there are just as many connecting rooms in the mansions as there are in the AB section, around 50% or so.

By the way, I assume you meant to request CONNECTING rooms (i.e. with an internal doorway between the rooms) rather than just adjoining (meaning next door, or very nearby) rooms. Might be worth checking that.

Andre

Thank you Andre! That makes me feel better
I double checked the reservation and it says "adjoining" which is ok with us. Connecting is not necessary. Thanks again for the quick response. We are getting very excited about our first trip with my granddaughter
Old 04-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #2608
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Since we're on the topic of ME, I called Disney on Tuesday with our flight info. (Called ME first, they told me to call Disney since the trip is so far out). My question is, am I supposed to be able to see my flight info in my reservations online? Cause nothing is there if I'm supposed to.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #2609
Princess Vespa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You should get it any day now. But I have seen them arrive between 25-40 days out.

Thanks for the response!!

Last time they never arrived, but it was no issue for me since I ended up deciding to rent a car.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #2610
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

For those of you who have used Garden grocer: Will they deliver the groceries to your room if you have the room number or must the delivery go through Bell Services?
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: