Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #136
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,967

Pam, I found the room decorations and they're so cute. I was on your Wonder report and then realized the pics were on your Dream report.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #137
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,147

I request a corkscrew and wine glasses from room service. The rooms do have fridges although last time I knew, the Wonder and Magic had more "coolers" and not true fridges...I just ask the cabin steward for ice and throw that in the cooler box to keep it cooler.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #138
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,967

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I request a corkscrew and wine glasses from room service. The rooms do have fridges although last time I knew, the Wonder and Magic had more "coolers" and not true fridges...I just ask the cabin steward for ice and throw that in the cooler box to keep it cooler.

Jill in CO


Great idea! Thank you. Sometimes I miss the obvious. I'm sort of thinking we need to stay near a Target, Walmart, store that sells booze. I was just on the Disney Cruise site and I know this might make me sound cheap but $35 for 24 bottles of water? That seems steep to me. Will I have to lug on the case of water? Can I put in in a bag and have Disney deal with it?

I think I'm going to order Joshua this and a $50 on board credit:



Do the drink fill stations have water? I don't drink much soda but drink a ton of water. I can also use the water bottle for my drinks down by the pool.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #139
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,967

275 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #140
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I request a corkscrew and wine glasses from room service. The rooms do have fridges although last time I knew, the Wonder and Magic had more "coolers" and not true fridges...I just ask the cabin steward for ice and throw that in the cooler box to keep it cooler.

Jill in CO
The cooler kept my box of wine nice and cool, except for the first night where I had to add ice.This trip I brought some 1liter bags of Meridian. No corkscrew necessary!

Yeah the water and soda (not from the fountain) prices are absurd! That's why we are going to Walmart tomorrow.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #141
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great idea! Thank you. Sometimes I miss the obvious. I'm sort of thinking we need to stay near a Target, Walmart, store that sells booze. I was just on the Disney Cruise site and I know this might make me sound cheap but $35 for 24 bottles of water? That seems steep to me. Will I have to lug on the case of water? Can I put in in a bag and have Disney deal with it?

I think I'm going to order Joshua this and a $50 on board credit:



Do the drink fill stations have water? I don't drink much soda but drink a ton of water. I can also use the water bottle for my drinks down by the pool.
When I sailed out of Port of Miami in 2007, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Downtown. I see on google maps that there is a CVS about a block away. There are also a liquor store about 1/2 a block farther. If you buy water, you will need to carry it on...They don't want you to check liquids like water/alcohol, soda, etc. You could use a rolling duffel bag or something like that. There is water at the drink stations and I was always able to order water from the bar...in between real drinks. The water on board is really good quality but I do like bottled water to take on excursions, etc.

I like the gift...Joshua is going to like it!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #142
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The cooler kept my box of wine nice and cool, except for the first night where I had to add ice.This trip I brought some 1liter bags of Meridian. No corkscrew necessary!

Yeah the water and soda (not from the fountain) prices are absurd! That's why we are going to Walmart tomorrow.
The Fantasy has real fridges! No more need for ice!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #143
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,967

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The cooler kept my box of wine nice and cool, except for the first night where I had to add ice.This trip I brought some 1liter bags of Meridian. No corkscrew necessary!

Yeah the water and soda (not from the fountain) prices are absurd! That's why we are going to Walmart tomorrow.
How was your flight?

Boxed wine? Hmmm........Does Walmart sell wine/alcohol? Is juice free on the ship? What else costs extra besides bottled drinks and booze?

My concern is carrying too much on. With just me and Joshua and his scrawny arms, I don't want to be a pack mule.

Joshua just told me a story about the guys who sat behind us at 1901. Apparently they said or did something inappropriate to the server who made your martini and she called them on it. I'll get the full details and email with them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
When I sailed out of Port of Miami in 2007, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Downtown. I see on google maps that there is a CVS about a block away. There are also a liquor store about 1/2 a block farther. If you buy water, you will need to carry it on...They don't want you to check liquids like water/alcohol, soda, etc. You could use a rolling duffel bag or something like that. There is water at the drink stations and I was always able to order water from the bar...in between real drinks. The water on board is really good quality but I do like bottled water to take on excursions, etc.

I like the gift...Joshua is going to like it!

Jill in CO


Thank you for checking on a hotel, that's very sweet. That's sounds like a great location, somewhere we can walk to and grab something to eat for the night and a bottle of rum.

I drink tap water at home. Tap water doesn't scare me. I'm all over that. Does the ship sell bottled water for excursions? I want to travel as light as possible without breaking the bank. I'm guessing Castaway Cay has drink stations?

Thanks Jill, I think he'll like it too. I'm also going to give him a big plain vinylmation so that the characters/crew can sign it. I know he'll be 12 but I'm in denial.

Do I need ice for the in room cooler? It's not a mini fridge?



__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #144
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
How was your flight?

Boxed wine? Hmmm........Does Walmart sell wine/alcohol? Is juice free on the ship? What else costs extra besides bottled drinks and booze?

My concern is carrying too much on. With just me and Joshua and his scrawny arms, I don't want to be a pack mule.

Joshua just told me a story about the guys who sat behind us at 1901. Apparently they said or did something inappropriate to the server who made your martini and she called them on it. I'll get the full details and email with them.






Thank you for checking on a hotel, that's very sweet. That's sounds like a great location, somewhere we can walk to and grab something to eat for the night and a bottle of rum.

I drink tap water at home. Tap water doesn't scare me. I'm all over that. Does the ship sell bottled water for excursions? I want to travel as light as possible without breaking the bank. I'm guessing Castaway Cay has drink stations?

Thanks Jill, I think he'll like it too. I'm also going to give him a big plain vinylmation so that the characters/crew can sign it. I know he'll be 12 but I'm in denial.

Do I need ice for the in room cooler? It's not a mini fridge?




Biscayne Marketplace is across the street with a bunch of places to eat like Bubba Gumps and a Hard Rock.

Castaway Cay does has drink stations. I do think they sell bottled water for excursions...its the same high priced Evian.

The older ships used to have coolers...not sure if they have upgraded the cabins to real fridges yet...but throwing in the ice bucket keeps everything cold.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #145
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,967

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Biscayne Marketplace is across the street with a bunch of places to eat like Bubba Gumps and a Hard Rock.

Castaway Cay does has drink stations. I do think they sell bottled water for excursions...its the same high priced Evian.

The older ships used to have coolers...not sure if they have upgraded the cabins to real fridges yet...but throwing in the ice bucket keeps everything cold.

Jill in CO


Thats great. Joshua loves seafood so Bubba Gumps sounds great. We don't have those here in Utah and we've never been to one. I'm going to Google that marketplace. I'm so unfamiliar with Miami as we've never been there.

Good to know about the coolers. I'm not so worried with Joshua but Chloe has a medication that require refrigeration.

Your F&W trip is getting close. Epcot is so pretty during F&W. Bambi was my favorite.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #146
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thats great. Joshua loves seafood so Bubba Gumps sounds great. We don't have those here in Utah and we've never been to one. I'm going to Google that marketplace. I'm so unfamiliar with Miami as we've never been there.

Good to know about the coolers. I'm not so worried with Joshua but Chloe has a medication that require refrigeration.

Your F&W trip is getting close. Epcot is so pretty during F&W. Bambi was my favorite.
I just realized that I types the wrong name...its Bayside Marketplace. But it is on Biscayne Blvd.

I'm super excited...can't wait for sun and fun after all these snowstorms....expecting snow on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday now.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #147
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,259

No need to buy water for excursions, just pack some water bottles and you can fill them up from the soda station that has water.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #148
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
275 days!!!

Right on!

My cruise is getting close to the 6th month mark. What a great feeling!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #149
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,967

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I just realized that I types the wrong name...its Bayside Marketplace. But it is on Biscayne Blvd.

I'm super excited...can't wait for sun and fun after all these snowstorms....expecting snow on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday now.

Jill in CO


I found it, thank you. Bubba Gump's looks perfect. I checked out the menu and it'll be tough for him to choose. The kids' make your own sundae looks fun.

I didn't realize you were still getting snow. I'm so over it too. We're set to be 50 today and cloudy with rain. I would like winter to go away. Be safe in all that snow heading your way. Did you have flowers bloom and go back into hiding? That's what mine did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
No need to buy water for excursions, just pack some water bottles and you can fill them up from the soda station that has water.

Excellent. I hate to waste money on water. I'm going to get that gift for Joshua with the backpack, two water bottles, and water proof playing cards. Less for me to pack in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Right on!

My cruise is getting close to the 6th month mark. What a great feeling!

Woot woot for the 6 month mark. Those little milestones feel great!




274 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 04-19-2013 at 03:37 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #150
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,356

The only "free" beverages are coffee, water and soda at the refill station. there may be juice in at the buffet (tea and cocoa too for that matter) but I honestly don't recall.

I agree, just bring a bottle on board that you refill instead of buying it for the excursions, the bottled is crazy expensive. And if you are buying the one for Josh, you've got them right there

Jeff got a wild hare to order a case of it, I think they were running some promo right before sail away, and we didn't even drink all of it. It was SO odd and unlike him.

I'd suggest having most of your luggage delivered to your stateroom and your carryon to include swimsuits/coverups/flip flops, sunscreen, camera, other electronics if you are bringing, and then the beverages. Food items can go in your checked bag. That way it shouldn't be too much for either of you to carry. We found the cooler/fridge to do a fine job in Alaska, only had to use ice the first night as well to get the initial chill.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: