DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
sdolphin2284
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7

Resale Brokers

I have a quick question. I'm trying to buy a 100 point resale contract and found the one I want that fits the resort and use year I want. I spoke to the real estate agent assigned to me last Monday (10 days ago) and he told me that the contract is still available. I emailed him on Friday for a status update and was told that he was awaiting one more document from the seller. I haven't heard anything since and an email I sent went unanswered. I keep seeing other contracts coming available but want to be patient. The question I have is when buying resale do you attempt to jump on several listing and then play the first come first serve game? I know I wouldn't appreciate this if I were a realtor but at the same time I don't want to miss out on a listing that suits my needs. Thanks in advance.
sdolphin2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
lions1995
DIS Veteran
 
lions1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hamburg, PA
Posts: 623

If you see something you like, make an offer. If the seller is not quickly getting info to the broker, that may be a sign that they will not be so quick when it comes to signing an agreement.
lions1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran
 
Kidanifan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,666

If something else has come along that meets your requirements, then at this point I would move on, if I were you. The 100 pointers don't last long, particularly at the more desired resorts (e.g. BCV, BWV).

It makes sense to scan all of the resale sites, although it is probably not appropriate to put in several bids and see who comes through, unless you are willing to go through with all of those bids. It is certainly reasonable to put in a bid with a reasonable time limit on the bid (48 hours) for the seller to respond.

Look at the ROFR thread to get an idea of the range of selling prices the various resorts sell for. Keep in mind that the smaller contracts generally sell for a higher price than large contract do.

Good luck!
__________________
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
sdolphin2284
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7

Thanks for the advice. I'm just not sure how long I should wait before I have some documents in hand or need to put a deposit down. The only thing I've been told so far is that he was awaiting one more document from the seller and then we should be cool. I also noticed that the listing is still on the website and I'm not sure if that is normal either. Can you tell this is my first resale purchase attempt?
sdolphin2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer
 
kkolbusz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolphin2284 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm just not sure how long I should wait before I have some documents in hand or need to put a deposit down. The only thing I've been told so far is that he was awaiting one more document from the seller and then we should be cool. I also noticed that the listing is still on the website and I'm not sure if that is normal either. Can you tell this is my first resale purchase attempt?
After 48 hrs move on! Everything is going quick lately.
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolphin2284 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm just not sure how long I should wait before I have some documents in hand or need to put a deposit down. The only thing I've been told so far is that he was awaiting one more document from the seller and then we should be cool. I also noticed that the listing is still on the website and I'm not sure if that is normal either. Can you tell this is my first resale purchase attempt?
Not sure which company you are dealing with but I had my offer accepted (thru Fidelity) on April 2nd - it took THEM 10 days to send me and the seller the contracts and then today 2 weeks later it finally went to Disney for ROFR. I guess I would ask the agent (phone call) what the hold up is??

The broker I worked with at TSS to sell my contract was a part timer and it took him 2 WEEKS to get me closing documents even though closing agency had them done much sooner. (broker had to sign off on them)

Good luck
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 286

I made an offer with TTS, it was accepted immediately. Within 48 hours I had paid the deposit, signed all the paperwork and it was sent for ROFR. I am very impatient and if I had not received the paperwork quickly I would have moved on presuming that either the seller or the agent were not really serious about the sale.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
lorie13
Mouseketeer
 
lorie13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 190

Saw a contract that was just posted that I liked on TSS on 4/10, called and spoke with Jamie, offered asking price. Received contract docs by 8 p.m. PST, which would have been 11 p.m their time. Sent back first thing 4/11 and it went to Disney ROFR by the afternoon. Less than 24 hours.

Tried to make an offer with Fidelity a few weeks ago. Sent an email to Sharon who emailed back and said they had an offer on it. That contract is still listed on their site as available.

If you see something else you like, do another offer as they are taking a very long time to get back to you.
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
sdolphin2284
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7

Thanks gang. I'll give him a shout in the morning and if I don't have an answer ill move on.
sdolphin2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.