Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Loving it so far. I think your "youngest" looks taller than in your last report.

Last edited by 15isto2; 04-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.
15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Loving it so far. I think your "youngest" looks taller than in your last report.
Thanks! And yea- he is for SURE taller than the last TR- about 1 month before this trip was when he passed his big brothers- although Tyler is close, but Tim has the edge...
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm in!

Love WL...I've got to stay there some of these days! I tried once but that's another story.

So glad Tim is still willing to travel with his Mom! I hope you guys had an awesome trip.

Jill in CO
Old 04-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #19
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I'm in, securing my place here!

Now going back to read!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Yay - another Ellen trip report! So nice that you were able to take a one-on-one trip. I will have to try to do that someday.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #21
tammy
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates. I love, love, love the WL.
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #22
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'm so excited for our mommy and son trip. They grow up so fast. I didn't realize the cruise was a surprise! Can't wait to read about his reaction.

Kona is going back on my must-do ADR list. Chloe would flip for that dessert.

Your going back to WDW in 2 weeks? Nice!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #23
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I've never seen the water pageant either. Another item to add to the August 2013 list of WDW things to do.

Michael is growing so fast, that sometimes he wakes up and complains that his knees are hurting him. I fully expect when he reaches Tim's age he'll want to do nothing but sleep all day. I sometimes joke that I keep expecting the kid to wake up in shredded pajamas, having bust through them during the night like the Hulk!

I can't wait to read about Tim's reaction to the surprise.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Checking in! Is my room ready yet? Oh Wait - It's not that kind of check-in! I'm coming back to read - thanks for the heads up!
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #25
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm here. Finally got caught up on all of my subscriptions & here you are with a new one. Can't wait to read this one as it is so special!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
podsnel

As per usual on vacation, I popped out of bed first- called Alamo to come get me for my car, couldn't get through, so hired a cab for $8 (I now know you are supposed to call in advance). Picked up my rental for 1 day, standard size, with a GPS for $67.83 including everything. Drove back to VWL, showered, then went down to Roaring Forks to get our breakfast (all while Timmy the super-grower caught up on a few more zzzzzz's). While I waited for them to put together Tim's meal, I took pics of the display waffles-

Timmy was going to have the first one with the chocolate chips, but all separate- which meant he ate the waffles, and not much else.

He did eat the bacon, also. I had a croissant sandwich, and it was very good, but like other croissant sandwiches you can have around WDW- with bacon, egg & cheese-

The surprising thing on that plate was, believe it or not, the potatoes- they were well seasoned and very tasty. Or maybe they were average, and it had been so long since I had had potatoes (I was on South Beach since January) that I would have loved them no matter what! But I really do think they were good, carb minimal living or not!

We soon were headed out to the car, and off we went- to SeaWorld, right? (Oh- Tim knew about the cruise- that was the next day. Today was Saturday, and this was the surprise!).

We drove by-

and Timmy managed to click that camera just in time! We headed south-

and after a bit I started talking about where we were going- I figured if I really had let it slip, I would be trying to convince him we were going somewhere else, so....

Me-Maybe we're going to Universal!

Tim- No. We are going the wrong way. We're going to SeaWorld.

Me- Maybe we're going on that crazy sky coaster!

Tim- No. We are going to SeaWorld.

Me- We're going to Busch Gardens!

Tim-No.

Me- The Everglades!! Air boat rides!! Alligators galore!!

Tim- No. No. No. SeaWorld. That's IT!

Well, then I started tellin him about the roller coaster at SeaWorld- did he know it had no floor? So your feet are just dangling?? That was making me nervous- I have never done it, has he? And lunch with Shamu. And how penguins live south of the equator, never north. And they secrete oil and kind of stink.

Heh.

So by the time I pulled over, right before I guessed we would start seeing signs for the ballpark, he was CONVINCED!!

Heh.

Then I gave him a package to open-

Click to play-

GOTCHA TIMMY!!!!!

Going away with only one of my sons was already more special than I can say- all that time for just us to make memories, letting my 3rd son have all of my focus instead of having to share it with his brothers, well, it was really awesome. But make no mistake- that I, the MOM, came up with the idea to surprise him with seats to a Yankee Spring Training game was beyond awesome!! It made me a HERO.

Today the Yankees would be playing the Tigers at their stadium in Lakeland, Fla, about 40 minutes from WDW off of I-4. We arrived an hour and a half pre-game, to watch batting practice.

We brought balls with us for autographs- unfortunately, I realized when it was over that there was a chance for autographs only right next to the Yankees dugout for a time before the game- we were there in time, just didn't realize it was happening. Oh well. No big deal- we were VERY psyched to be sitting 2nd row behind home plate, so that made up for it!

The nice woman sitting to Tim's left was Helen- that is her seat, for every Tiger's game. She is retired and from Michigan and is living her dream of spending the entire Spring Training season in sunny Florida watching her favorite boys of summer, the Detroit Tigers. Pretty cool, huh? Go Helen!

It was such a small stadium, which was excellent, and the usher was so friendly, he offered to take our pic-

Back soon- time to cook dinner!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #27
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I think you get MOM of the year award!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #28
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in!

Love WL...I've got to stay there some of these days! I tried once but that's another story.

So glad Tim is still willing to travel with his Mom! I hope you guys had an awesome trip.

Jill in CO
You do need to stay there!! And I was glad too- that he still would go away with me. But, of course, it was the cruise, so he met lots of pals- one very good one imparticular which was amazing. Hey- we need to hook up in 2 weeks- I'll pm you my info tonight-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I'm in, securing my place here!

Now going back to read!
Hi Karin!! So happy to see you! I am very behind on your TRs- hopefully will have lots of time to catch up this weekend-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Yay - another Ellen trip report! So nice that you were able to take a one-on-one trip. I will have to try to do that someday.
Hi Kristi!! So happy you found me! It was a very special trip- but I have to admit, I really missed Tyler- he's a lot of fun on vacation, and he and Timmy are a lot of fun together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
Wonderful updates. I love, love, love the WL.
Thanks Tammy! And guess what? Me TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm so excited for our mommy and son trip. They grow up so fast. I didn't realize the cruise was a surprise! Can't wait to read about his reaction.

I HATE that they grow up so fast- I am having a really hard time that he is leaving our middle school. Not that the HS isn't good- it's just that- how can that be?????

Kona is going back on my must-do ADR list. Chloe would flip for that dessert.

Yep! I think most kids would!

Your going back to WDW in 2 weeks? Nice!
Yep! With the girls! Can't wait!!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #29
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 04-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

You are the coolest mother evah!! The video was so sweet, it made me tear up. I miss that gawky age, my boys have been grown men for quite awhile. My baby is 32 & he loves baseball, played in high school. He is now a baseball coach for a local high school.

You are lucky to be able to do this trip with Timmy. Special moments like these become infrequent as they grow up. Loving this TR so far.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: