Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
melanie1877
Earning My Ears

Garden Grocer tipping - search is disabled

I know that this is a question that has probably been asked and answered a hundred times on this board, but unfortunately for me, the search engine is disabled right now. We are placing an order with garden grocer for about $80...I think that includes the $14 delivery charge. Does anyone have any idea how much of a tip we should give for an order of that size? What if we are not at the resort when the order is delivered? How do we get the tip to the delivery person? Thanks in advance for your help!
melanie1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

When we've ordered from GG in the past, there was a place on the web site for including the tip up front just in case you aren't there when the stuff is delivered. We generally tip 10% of the order total (not including the delivery charge).

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
melanie1877
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
When we've ordered from GG in the past, there was a place on the web site for including the tip up front just in case you aren't there when the stuff is delivered. We generally tip 10% of the order total (not including the delivery charge).
Thank you!! I discovered the spot to include the tip on the final payment page. My final bill ended up being about $65 before delivery, and I tipped $15, because the site said it would be split between three parties (shopping, organizing, and delivering), so I guess I may have over-tipped a little bit, but that's okay. I'd rather over-tip than under-tip!!
melanie1877 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: