Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #316
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Pluto--tried the thundershirt last year. I think it's a great product. But didn't work. For awhile the D.A.P. (dog appeasing pheromones) were working, but not so much anymore. He is 9yo (jack russell/daschund mix). We got him when he was one--we were his 5th home. Needless to say he has a lot of issues, but I feel like we saved him from the chopping block. We can't keep this up for too long, going to have to find something that works. I think if we let him sleep in our room he would be fine. BUT I don't want him in my room. We fight allergies, and I just don't want him in there. Because he wouldn't want to just be in our room, he would want to be on top of us. Anyhow, sorry to go off topic. He was obviously very poorly socialized as a puppy and has the worst anxiety. I probably sound like the worst dog parent, but I honestly don't think we can do this all summer. I guess we will call the vet again and see if he has some new ideas.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #317
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Well, just back from official weigh-in for my slimming class, and managed another 1.5lb off this week despite everything, so well pleased. I didn't have a lift to class this week and OH had the car to go to the gym, so I decided to walk. 2.2miles in 40 minutes, into the wind, I was a bit flushed when I arrived!!!

At least OH arrived to give me a lift home as my buns and thighs are now aching like mad!!

Wonder what I'll end up doing for exercise tomorrow...was a bit bummed today to find that whilst doing my walk in London yesterday I passed within 50 yards of a Whole Foods without realising!!! I'm going back for another meeting on 21st May, so already planning my shopping list of healthy goodies!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #318
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

QOTD: Sorry so busy these days, hope once summer hits I can do more to encourage you all!
For me it is publishing my goals...that daily mental reminder of where I want to be and when helps me from taking 'just one' cookie...it's just not worth it...if I set a goal of 10 pounds a month and lose 8, if I had not set a goal, I likely would have lost 2-3...it makes a difference...commit to it!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #319
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone! This cold has been kicking my butt, but it's slowly getting better. I'm still coughing just a little but I will be SO glad when I'm back to normal. I had to put off trying my CrossFit class last week, but I'm not so sure if I'll be able to handle this week either. I swear I can actually feel everything expanding as I sit here! At least I haven't had too much of an appetite so I actually lost 2.6 last week.

So since I've been out of it for a few days, and apparently missed a TON, here goes:

Happy Belated Birthday Susan and I am SO sorry about Sunny! Losing a baby, no matter what the reason, always stinks.

Rose and everyone who seems to be having a tough month: I'm right there with all of you and getting sick certainly didn't help. But we WILL all get through this together - one way or another!!

I'm not even going to try and catch up with all the great QOTD's but it's so nice to be back! Let's keep motivating each other and we will all hit our goals. I know it!!

Kimberley
So glad to see you back with us. Personally I don't think it'd try the CrossFit until,I was 100% better. Nonsense in coughing your way through it. And big wooho on the 2.6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Good morning all!

This is a recycled QOTD but we always seem to need this during some part of every challenge.

25 Ways to Get Back on Track Today
Don't Give Up on Your Goals!

-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor & Health Educator

Not long ago, you were energetic and determined to start your healthy lifestyle. Starting with enthusiasm and hope, you watched your food intake diligently, exercised like it was going out of style, and even avoided the temptation that seemed to lurk around every corner. You were confident that you were going to reach your goals once and for all!

Then certain tragedy struck! You ate an extra piece of birthday cake. Realizing you had “blown” your diet, you ate another and another and couldn’t get it together the next day either. Or worse, you missed one workout, and that turned into a whole week away from the gym. After that, your momentum to start over again was gone, and your gym bag hasn’t left the closet since.

Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices: to keep walking backwards, which will surely take you even further away from your goals; or to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the future you want.

If you’re reading this, you might have been walking backwards for a while. But instead of waiting for the next day, week, month or even year to overhaul your habits, start TODAY. And start small. You can’t go from the recliner to running or from burgers to Brussels sprouts in an afternoon. But you can do one, two or even a handful of small things that will help you regain your momentum for healthy living.

When you feel like getting back on track is overwhelming, try one (or more) of these small steps each day.

1. Try a short workout. Even five minutes is better than nothing. For ideas browse our video library or workout generator.

2. Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.

3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Get lots of breakfast ideas here.

4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference!

5. Look at Motivational Stories. Seeing how others overcome similar struggles and obstacles can be a great source of motivation.

6. Track your food today. No matter how it adds up, you’ll learn from it.

7. Update your progress record. It’s a visual way to track your ups and downs, but also your progress.

8. Share your goals. Whether you post them on the Message Boards or share them with a friend, you’ll be more accountable.

9. Exercise for 10 minutes. Jump rope, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big!

10. Find a buddy. Get support from friends, whether you need someone to listen or a mentor to give you ideas and encouragement.

11. Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!

12. Create a motivational collage. Include pictures of your goal and reasons why you want to get there.

13. Go shopping for some healthy foods. Use this shopping list for ideas.

14. Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.

15. Ride your bike. Even a leisurely ride has benefits for your body and mind.

16. Work in the yard. Gardening and yard work is a great way to add activity to your day.

17. Take the stairs. Even if this is the only thing you do all day, you’ll feel stronger for it.

18. Rack up those SparkPoints! You earn them for every healthy task you do on the site—talk about motivating! Aim for a certain milestone, such as 100 points, and then reward yourself with a SparkGoodie!

19. Listen to an inspirational song. Better yet, make a playlist of them so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost.

20. Re-start your SparkPeople program. Sometimes it’s easier to get back on track when you have a clean slate.

21. Measure your portions. It’s a simple way to learn how much you’re eating.

22. Eat a piece of fruit. Even if 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables sounds impossible to you, one is doable.

23. Slow down during meals. You’ll be less likely to overeat and more likely to enjoy your meal.

24. Play! What kids call “play,” we often call “exercise.” Play a sport, a game, or use the playground equipment to bring the fun back into fitness.

25. Learn something new. Sometimes simply taking a quiz or reading an article about nutrition, fitness, or health can change your mindset and get you back on track.

In tennis, losing one point isn’t the end of the world. It happens to the best of them. In fact, if you can consistently win a few more points that you lose, you may end up in the hall of fame. With healthy eating and exercising, as long as you’re consistently out-stepping your steps back, you’re ahead of the game[/COLOR]. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt.

You CAN get back on track today. Even if you’re moving slowly, you’ll be moving in the right direction!

Here is a link to the entire article http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...id=1062&page=2

QOTD Wednesday, April 17, 2013: Which of these ideas have you used to get yourself back on track? Or do you have another idea to get yourself back on track that is not listed?

BBL with replies.
Love this! For me I can find new inspiration by reading about a new healthy recipe or some new superfood that was discovered. I don't even need to try the recipe, but reading it can be inspiring in and of itself. Or I can pull out a back issue of WW magazine, Health magazine, or a book about health/weight loss that I might have. Lots of inspiration to be found there.

I like the collage idea as well!

Quote:
New things, even good ones, are scary at times. But I'm sure that you will do a great job -- picture yourself at your keyboard talking to us when you are talking at a meeting or you can always use the old tried and true picture your audience naked.

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you switch over to the new program yet? I think that you will like it.

Actually I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't actually started doing it for myself!

Kudos to you for watching the sodium in your diets! I think that is one of the toughest things to avoid just because of all the processed food -- salt is everywhere! I will be interested to hear more about what you learn.

A shameless plug for coaching. One of the best thing about our challenges is that we have a variety of people who volunteer to coach us each week. Coaches post the QOTD, do replies and keep the conversation moving. Have you ever thought about coaching our thread for a week? It's easy and a lot of fun. You don't even have to reinvent the wheel as we have a QOTD archive that can be found right here http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2373593 So please consider volunteering to coach this month or next.

Have a great day all!
Let me know if you need a coach. I know that I offered to coach an upcoming week, but I have nothing on my calendar is I'm not sure option was ever confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Pamela--you will do great. You know your stuff and you are a HUGE success story. Just speak from your heart.

Thanks!

Got very little sleep last night. Our dog does not do thunderstorms well. (and we have tried everything short of major drugs)

I did make it to yoga. Next up the dentist. Fun times.

I have a massage scheduled for next Wednesday and I am counting the minutes.

Have a good Wednesday.
Sorry about the dog issues. Glad you made it to yoga. Good luck at the dentist.

Home from work. Potatoes seem to be perfect...hopefully they will taste great! Not sure what is up exactly for my evening. I had planned to observe a WW meeting and then hit the gym for a short time but DD is talking about getting out of swim early to complete some scholarship applications and if she does I won't be able to hit the meeting, but I WILL be able to get in that short workout. Hope she decides in the next few minutes!

Beautiful day here! Sunny and bright, but the breeze is still cool....and no bugs yet!

TTYL...........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #320
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Just in time for my last day of coaching this little gem (from sparkpeople.com of course) popped into my mailbox yesterday.

Cutting calories may seem like a daunting task, especially when you're trying to cut hundreds of calories each day to lose the recommended 1-2 pounds per week. Will you go hungry? Will your meals taste like cardboard? Will you have to give up your favorite foods?

Don't worry. When you make small changes, the only difference you'll notice is a drop in the scale! Keep in mind that cutting calories can involve smart substitutions or changes in portion sizes, too. Just remember, start small and work your way up to a new—and healthier—way of eating.

Beverages

1. Split a 20 oz. bottle of regular soda with a friend. Save 120 calories
2. Drink 1 cup of diet soda instead of 1 cup of regular soda. Save 97 calories!
3. Swap a 12-oz. glass of whole milk for skim milk. Save 96 calories!
4. Drink two 12-oz. light beers this weekend instead of two regular beers. Save 100 calories!
5. Instead of 1 cup of prepared lemonade, try 1 cup of a sugar free variety. Save 103 calories!
6. Eat a medium orange instead of drinking 12 oz. of fresh orange juice. Save 106 calories!
7. Prepare your coffee with 4 oz. of fat-free half and half instead of regular half and half. Save 88 calories!
8. Enjoy 5 oz. of chocolate milk instead of 5 oz. of a chocolate milkshake Save 110 calories!

Breakfast

9. Spread your whole grain waffles with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup instead of 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter. Save 110 calories!
10. Top your whole grain bagel with 1.5 oz of fat-free cream cheese in lieu of regular. Save 108 calories!
11. Try 1 oz. of maple turkey bacon instead of maple (pork) bacon. Save 118 calories!
12. Ditch the glazed donut and eat a bagel instead. Save 93 calories!
13. Eat 3/4 cup oatmeal instead of a 1-1/2 cups of oatmeal. Save 97 calories!
14. Substitute 3 oz. of turkey sausage for a serving of pork sausage. Save 120 calories!
15. Grab a small bagel instead of a medium bagel. Save 99 calories!

Snacks and Sides

16. Dip 1 cup celery into your favorite salsa or hummus instead of 1 oz. of tortilla chips. Save 125 calories!
17. Eat an entire medium apple instead of a small (5 oz.) candy apple. Save 118 calories!
18. Snack on 1 oz. of baked potato chips instead of regular chips. Save 90 calories!
19. Better yet, eat 2 oz. pretzels instead of the same size portion of potato chips. Save 94 calories!
20. Bake 2 oz of oven fries in lieu of 2 oz. of fast food fries. Save 88 calories!
21. Forgo a 6-oz portion of potato chips and nosh on 6 oz. of tortilla chips instead. Save 96 calories!
22. Say no to 1 oz of deep-fried onion rings and instead enjoy 1 oz. of grilled onions with your meal. Save 92 calories!
23. Try 1.5 oz. of fresh grapes instead of 1.5 oz. of raisins. Save 98 calories!
24. Enjoy a healthy 8-oz. baked potato instead of 8 oz. of French fries. Save 104 calories!
25. Choose 3 oz. of mozzarella cheese for your sandwich instead of Swiss cheese. Save 108 calories!
26. Swap 1 cup of canned pineapple in heavy syrup for crushed pineapple in water. Save 119 calories!

Lunch and Dinner

27. Cut a 6 oz. steak in half and take the other portion home for another meal. Save 111 calories!
28. Order a skinless chicken breast instead of chicken with skin. Save 102 calories!
29. Substitute a fat-free beef hot dog for a regular beef hot dog. Save 104 calories!
30. Build a sandwich with1.5 oz. of deli turkey breast instead of an equivalent of hard salami. Save 119 calories!
31. Instead of 6 oz. of crispy fried chicken with skin, eat 6 oz. baked chicken with skin. Save 102 calories!
32. Choose a slice of thin crust pizza over thick crust pizza. Save 106 calories!
33. Add vegetable toppings to your pizza order and say no to pepperoni. Save 100 calories!
34. Forget broccoli cheddar soup. A 7-oz portion of vegetable soup is better. Save 119 calories!
35. Enjoy 12 oz of steamed rice (choose brown rice when possible) as an alternative to fried rice. Save 96 calories!
36. Unwrap your 13-inch tortilla wrap and make a sandwich on a 3-oz. whole grain bagel instead. Save 96 calories!
37. Eat only half of your hamburger or sandwich bun. Save 100 calories!

Condiments and Sauces

38. Dip your salad in a side of ranch dressing (2 tsp.) instead of pouring 2 Tbsp of dressing on the salad. Save 97 calories!
39. Skip the 5 oz. of Alfredo sauce and eat a whopping 7 oz. of marinara sauce. Save 129 calories!
40. Add flavor to vegetables with 3 oz. of hot sauce—not 1 oz of bleu cheese dressing. Save 117 calories!
41. Top your salad with 1.5 oz. reduced-fat Italian dressing instead of regular. Save 96 calories!
42. Try either cheese or croutons on your salad—not both Save 72-116 calories!
43. Instead of 3 oz. of regular sour cream, use a fat-free variety. Save 120 calories!
44. Use 2 Tbsp reduced-fat light mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise. Save 102 calories!

Sweets and Desserts

45. Serve ice cream in a dish instead of a waffle cone. Save 121 calories!
46. Try a healthier peanut granola bar instead of a peanut candy bar. Save 94 calories!
47. Finish dinner with 1 cup of low-fat frozen yogurt instead of regular ice cream. Save 121 calories!
48. Substitute 5 oz. of apple pie, with 5 oz. of baked apple crisp. Save 85 calories!
49. Instead of 4 oz. of regular chocolate pudding, enjoy a sugar-free portion. Save 92 calories!
50. Leave that 1/2 cup of strawberry ice cream in the freezer. Enjoy 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries topped with 2 Tbsp of fat-free whipped cream as an alternative. Save 102 calories!

Cutting 100 calories here and there is an easy way to form healthier eating habits without feeling deprived or hungry. With just a few of these tricks up your sleeve, you'll be on your way to reaching your goals in no time!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1183

QOTD Thursday, April 18, 2013: Which of these calorie cutting tips would you like to try? Have you tried any? Do you have a favorite calorie cutting tip that you would like to ad?

BBL for replies. Enjoy your day!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #321
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Pluto--tried the thundershirt last year. I think it's a great product. But didn't work. For awhile the D.A.P. (dog appeasing pheromones) were working, but not so much anymore. He is 9yo (jack russell/daschund mix). We got him when he was one--we were his 5th home. Needless to say he has a lot of issues, but I feel like we saved him from the chopping block. We can't keep this up for too long, going to have to find something that works. I think if we let him sleep in our room he would be fine. BUT I don't want him in my room. We fight allergies, and I just don't want him in there. Because he wouldn't want to just be in our room, he would want to be on top of us. Anyhow, sorry to go off topic. He was obviously very poorly socialized as a puppy and has the worst anxiety. I probably sound like the worst dog parent, but I honestly don't think we can do this all summer. I guess we will call the vet again and see if he has some new ideas.
There's always the alternative approach as well: http://www.ehow.com/how_5052871_calm-dogs-herbs.html

Quote:

QOTD Thursday, April 18, 2013: Which of these calorie cutting tips would you like to try? Have you tried any? Do you have a favorite calorie cutting tip that you would like to ad?
I've switched from the fat whole wheat bagels from BJ's to the Thomas' Thin Sliced bagels. Even though I only ate 1/4 of the BJ's bagels, the thin sliced ones don't leave me feeling quite so bloated.

Pam: The DH convinced me to give myself another week before trying the CrossFit class. Think I'll just start back slow this weekend with walking the Wonder Mutt.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #322
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, just back from official weigh-in for my slimming class, and managed another 1.5lb off this week despite everything, so well pleased. I didn't have a lift to class this week and OH had the car to go to the gym, so I decided to walk. 2.2miles in 40 minutes, into the wind, I was a bit flushed when I arrived!!!

At least OH arrived to give me a lift home as my buns and thighs are now aching like mad!!

Wonder what I'll end up doing for exercise tomorrow...was a bit bummed today to find that whilst doing my walk in London yesterday I passed within 50 yards of a Whole Foods without realising!!! I'm going back for another meeting on 21st May, so already planning my shopping list of healthy goodies!!!

How WONDERFUL to be down another 1.5!!!!

And what a nice walk you got! Wish I could do some productive walking around here, but we live SO FAR from everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
QOTD: Sorry so busy these days, hope once summer hits I can do more to encourage you all!
For me it is publishing my goals...that daily mental reminder of where I want to be and when helps me from taking 'just one' cookie...it's just not worth it...if I set a goal of 10 pounds a month and lose 8, if I had not set a goal, I likely would have lost 2-3...it makes a difference...commit to it!
I think most of us would agree that putting out committments OUT THERE for the world to see definitely helps us stay OP! Mypublic committment in March to a "plank a day" definitely helped push me to do that plank every day, even if I didn't want to. I did miss a few days, but managed to be about 90% successful.

Quote:
Just in time for my last day of coaching this little gem (from sparkpeople.com of course) popped into my mailbox yesterday.

Cutting calories may seem like a daunting task, especially when you're trying to cut hundreds of calories each day to lose the recommended 1-2 pounds per week. Will you go hungry? Will your meals taste like cardboard? Will you have to give up your favorite foods?

Don't worry. When you make small changes, the only difference you'll notice is a drop in the scale! Keep in mind that cutting calories can involve smart substitutions or changes in portion sizes, too. Just remember, start small and work your way up to a new—and healthier—way of eating.

Beverages

4. Drink two 12-oz. light beers this weekend instead of two regular beers. Save 100 calories!

7. Prepare your coffee with 4 oz. of fat-free half and half instead of regular half and half. Save 88 calories!

OR DO LIKE I DO AND USE 1% MILK.... IT REALLY IS TASTY!

Breakfast

Snacks and Sides

16. Dip 1 cup celery into your favorite salsa or hummus instead of 1 oz. of tortilla chips. Save 125 calories!

18. Snack on 1 oz. of baked potato chips instead of regular chips. Save 90 calories!

19. Better yet, eat 2 oz. pretzels instead of the same size portion of potato chips. Save 94 calories!

20. Bake 2 oz of oven fries in lieu of 2 oz. of fast food fries. Save 88 calories!

24. Enjoy a healthy 8-oz. baked potato instead of 8 oz. of French fries. Save 104 calories!

25. Choose 3 oz. of mozzarella cheese for your sandwich instead of Swiss cheese. Save 108 calories!

Lunch and Dinner

28. Order a skinless chicken breast instead of chicken with skin. Save 102 calories!

32. Choose a slice of thin crust pizza over thick crust pizza. Save 106 calories!

33. Add vegetable toppings to your pizza order and say no to pepperoni. Save 100 calories!

34. Forget broccoli cheddar soup. A 7-oz portion of vegetable soup is better. Save 119 calories!

ACTUALLY, MY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE IS LIGHT AND DELICIOUS!!

Condiments and Sauces

41. Top your salad with 1.5 oz. reduced-fat Italian dressing instead of regular. Save 96 calories!

Sweets and Desserts

48. Substitute 5 oz. of apple pie, with 5 oz. of baked apple crisp. Save 85 calories!

49. Instead of 4 oz. of regular chocolate pudding, enjoy a sugar-free portion. Save 92 calories!

Cutting 100 calories here and there is an easy way to form healthier eating habits without feeling deprived or hungry. With just a few of these tricks up your sleeve, you'll be on your way to reaching your goals in no time!

I left up some of the changes I've made over the years. Some are for health reasons, some are for calorie reasons. I have a few things that I just really NEVER eat any more.... regular salad dressing (light vinagarette most of the time), mayonnaise, regular sour cream (I use light and VERY SPARINGLY and only a few times a year). I never eat regular potato chips any more.... I've grown to enjoy the baked chips more! I almost NEVER, EVER eat "regular" bread anymore.... strictly low carb wraps and sandwich thin rolls. The only "real bread" product I indulge in regularly any more are Vitamuffins.

Quote:
[Pam: The DH convinced me to give myself another week before trying the CrossFit class. Think I'll just start back slow this weekend with walking the Wonder Mutt.
Glad you are waiting until you are 100% healed up!! The doggie will appreciate it!

Morning all! Off to a day of Special Ed subbing (covering meetings so I will be bopping around the building).

Had a bit of a blow-up with DD this morning over nothing really (just morning stress combined with being overtired) and it definitely set ALL our days out on the wrong foot. I feel most badly for DS. DD and I will let it roll off for the most part, but he was really upset on the ride to school..... plus we were running really late and they were both concerned about being tardy (but we made it with some time to spare). I sent them both an "I'm sorry" text after I got to school, but not sure they will get them before the end of the day. Hopefully DS can shake it off and have an OK day.

Because of this crazy morning my breakfast ended up being a turkey sandwich with mustard along with my coffee.... And I didn't have time to make my salad, so lunch is pea soup and carrot sticks.... again. Not so bad, just not what I had planned.

I may/may not be able to pop in later around lunch time to chat more. TTYL...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #323
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Morning friends.. HUGS everyone.. I'd coach but I do not have weekend access to a computer and find trying to Dis on my phone very annoying due to the littleness of it.. but if you are willing for a M - F coach I'd be happy to fill in..

I have been trying to make it to 159 by tomorrow but am not sure I'll make it - yesterday WI was 160.1 and I was like OOOh I just might do it then today when I got on it was 161.5 UGH!! I did try a new recipe and maybe that did it.. IDK.. so I have a Zumba class planned for tonight and grilled shrimp for dinner afterwards so fingers crossed it all works out.. this might be TMI but I guess it could be that I haven't "gone" in 3 days too.. with Atkins I find I just am not an everyday type of person anymore and I just don't know how to fix that issue..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #324
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! What a week this has been! Without getting into too much detail (and bore you all), I've been pretty busy at work and at home. I've been able to workout daily thanks to signing up for the 30DS thread. I've also been eating pretty good with the exception of a stress enduced choice to get macaroni and cheese at panera

Sorry I haven't been on since this past weekend. I have been reading along on my phone while the kids are at activities, though. I just haven't had the time to post here.

I'm off to my Thursday staff meeting, so I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a great day

Jill
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #325
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Beverages

1. Split a 20 oz. bottle of regular soda with a friend. Save 120 calories
2. Drink 1 cup of diet soda instead of 1 cup of regular soda. Save 97 calories!

I actually prefer drinking orange vodka with sugar free cranberry juice!! Its very refreshing and saves loads of calories and I don't feel bloated like I do with beer!!

5. Instead of 1 cup of prepared lemonade, try 1 cup of a sugar free variety. Save 103 calories!
6. Eat a medium orange instead of drinking 12 oz. of fresh orange juice. Save 106 calories!
8. Enjoy 5 oz. of chocolate milk instead of 5 oz. of a chocolate milkshake Save 110 calories!

Breakfast

9. Spread your whole grain waffles with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup instead of 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter. Save 110 calories!
10. Top your whole grain bagel with 1.5 oz of fat-free cream cheese in lieu of regular. Save 108 calories!
11. Try 1 oz. of maple turkey bacon instead of maple (pork) bacon. Save 118 calories!
12. Ditch the glazed donut and eat a bagel instead. Save 93 calories!
14. Substitute 3 oz. of turkey sausage for a serving of pork sausage. Save 120 calories!

I do use this one a lot, I like the turkey sausage much better than the pork, and its easy to cut up and toss in a frittata with lots of veggies (one of my favorites for breakfast)

15. Grab a small bagel instead of a medium bagel. Save 99 calories!

Snacks and Sides

17. Eat an entire medium apple instead of a small (5 oz.) candy apple. Save 118 calories!
21. Forgo a 6-oz portion of potato chips and nosh on 6 oz. of tortilla chips instead. Save 96 calories!
22. Say no to 1 oz of deep-fried onion rings and instead enjoy 1 oz. of grilled onions with your meal. Save 92 calories!
23. Try 1.5 oz. of fresh grapes instead of 1.5 oz. of raisins. Save 98 calories!
26. Swap 1 cup of canned pineapple in heavy syrup for crushed pineapple in water. Save 119 calories!

Lunch and Dinner

27. Cut a 6 oz. steak in half and take the other portion home for another meal. Save 111 calories!
29. Substitute a fat-free beef hot dog for a regular beef hot dog. Save 104 calories!
30. Build a sandwich with1.5 oz. of deli turkey breast instead of an equivalent of hard salami. Save 119 calories!
31. Instead of 6 oz. of crispy fried chicken with skin, eat 6 oz. baked chicken with skin. Save 102 calories!
35. Enjoy 12 oz of steamed rice (choose brown rice when possible) as an alternative to fried rice. Save 96 calories!
36. Unwrap your 13-inch tortilla wrap and make a sandwich on a 3-oz. whole grain bagel instead. Save 96 calories!

I like to use veggie burgers instead of meat burgers to cut calories and fat.

Condiments and Sauces

38. Dip your salad in a side of ranch dressing (2 tsp.) instead of pouring 2 Tbsp of dressing on the salad. Save 97 calories!

I also like this one, and use it often when going out to eat.

39. Skip the 5 oz. of Alfredo sauce and eat a whopping 7 oz. of marinara sauce. Save 129 calories!
40. Add flavor to vegetables with 3 oz. of hot sauce—not 1 oz of bleu cheese dressing. Save 117 calories!
42. Try either cheese or croutons on your salad—not both Save 72-116 calories!
43. Instead of 3 oz. of regular sour cream, use a fat-free variety. Save 120 calories!
44. Use 2 Tbsp reduced-fat light mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise. Save 102 calories!

Sweets and Desserts

45. Serve ice cream in a dish instead of a waffle cone. Save 121 calories!
46. Try a healthier peanut granola bar instead of a peanut candy bar. Save 94 calories!
47. Finish dinner with 1 cup of low-fat frozen yogurt instead of regular ice cream. Save 121 calories!

I love the sugar free pudding/jello, it gives you that sweet treat without all the fat & calories!!

50. Leave that 1/2 cup of strawberry ice cream in the freezer. Enjoy 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries topped with 2 Tbsp of fat-free whipped cream as an alternative. Save 102 calories!

=============

It has been a while since I have checked in, and I am sooooooo glad I am finally on my week off!!! Work has been crazy and there is a new crackdown on the "computer time not associated with work" so the managers are pulling all the records and having one-on-one conversations with the "offenders"!!! So naturally the main topic of conversation has been, who are the offenders and how can we get around the tracking!! lol. Also I have been orienting a nurse to our floor who has been here way longer than I have, and has even been house supervisor several times!! I feel like I am orienting my teacher!! She knows more about the company procedures than I do, but just doesn't know telemetry all that much, so I have just been reviewing rhythm strips & meds with her. Also, she is a big proponent of not using the computers for personal reasons, so no Disboards at work for me!! And to top it all off, we are having lots of meetings on "work relations" between the nurses and cna's so everyone is stressed and tired, combine that with another 15 hours of overtime this week and yeah, I have had quite a few drinks when getting home!! But now its all my time and after catching up on my sleep I have managed to flip my schedule back to days, and was actually up at 6:30 this morning!!! I am ready to hit the trail and go for a nice refreshing walk and to work in the yard for a bit today!

As for my diet and exercise..... well I am still tracking my food, and coming in under goal, although not as far, and I am trying to find some better snacks that are low in fat and carbs. Also I am stunned by the amount of salt in foods!! Trying to cut down on all those have left me feeling extremely limited in my options. So while still maintaining my calorie limit, I am struggling to find enough variety and getting a bit depressed and discouraged with my choices. I have not exercised as much as I would like, but I am still ahead of my goal for the month, but I was really annoyed that I was actually on track to exceed my goal, so lots of walks and hikes on this week off for me!

I know it will get better and that this is just one of the valleys that makes the hills feel so great when you finally get up there, so I am determined to keep pushing myself to achieve my goals and not just giving in to the stress and frustration.

I am so many pages behind, that I will try to catch up today but I really hope you all are doing great and that each of our struggles are met with courage and perseverance! Have a great day everyone and I will check back later tonight!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #326
lmhall2000

I read everyone's post and end up nodding my head, "Yes! I feel the same way!"

I was just thinking about my excitement for weigh in tomorrow, I have been giving 98% these past 7 days, have not missed a workout, upped my workout by adding incline of a mile over last week, calories always below 1100..the only off plan I have had was a sneak of two fries and two servings of bread at Carrabba's, I swore off white flour so that was technically off plan...I feel this could be a Onederland weigh in, but then I fret, what if I am only down 2.3 pounds and weigh in at 200.1!!!!

Dadgummit, I want to see 198 or 197! But scales are funny things, I could be at 80% for diet and exercise and lose more on the scale than a 100% weigh in!

QOTD I love the baked potato instead of fries! I no longer put sour cream, butter or cheese, but I put fresh chives and coat the outside with olive oil and kosher salt before cooking, I eat the whole thing! Yummy!

May the scale be nice tomorrow to all WISHers!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #327
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I've switched from the fat whole wheat bagels from BJ's to the Thomas' Thin Sliced bagels. Even though I only ate 1/4 of the BJ's bagels, the thin sliced ones don't leave me feeling quite so bloated.
I switched to the Arnold flat bread and love it!! The oat nut bread was 170 calories for one slice but the flat bread is 100 calories for the whole bun.

I love the Thomas' thin bagels too. But I don't eat them often because I love cream cheese a little to much. LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #328
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Sorry I've been MIA, the kids have the week off so we've been doing a lot of house cleaning and yard work, and when I say "we" I mean me.
DH is taking next week off because our 20th anniversary is next week and he's going to help me get some household projects done.

I have been neglecting my food plan and exercise plan, I have got to get back on track. I printed the get back on track list from the other day.

Anyway, don't have much to say but just wanted to pop in and let y'all know I was still alive.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #329
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! I gained a half a lb from last weeks weigh-in but I will take since I am going in the right direction!

I have been tracking my food on MFP for calories, fat, sodium, and cholesterol since we had the QOTD on Wed., I think. So thanks to the weekly host for that. That was the push I needed to start tracking again.

Pixie Dust to all here for a good weigh-in and a great weekend!!!
The Mystery Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #330
lmhall2000

ONEDERLAND

I have to give some credit to Jillian for the 30 Day Shred and for the folks who have that thread going, I really attribute a lot of my loss this week to starting that 13 days ago!

That is almost a 5 pound loss for the week! My dear husband lost 6 pounds this week with just our diet and no exercise...MEN! So proud of him, but boy do they lose weight quicker! I just need 8 more pounds off by May 6th...our vacation starts on September 7th, so my last weigh in will be Friday, September 6th...

Hope everyone has a positive weigh in, those weigh ins that may not show losses show a great commitment to make a loss happen the next week...Here's to a great week of losing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: