Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Sell me on a stay at Boardwalk Villas

Hi - We are a family of 5 (kids 8,5,2) and are planning our March 2014 trip. For the 1st time, I'm trying to rent DVC points for our stay. For some background, we have stayed at BLT, CR, and POP. I would love to stay in a 1BR at BLT but can't swing the spring break rack rates, so we are trying to rent points. I've checked several brokers and the room availability is there but they don't have any BLT people willing to rent points. It just now occurred to me that since our little guy will just have turned 2, we can actually stay in a resort that has a 4 person occupancy since the little guy doesn't count (and will be in a crib).

Soooo...I'm considering switching it over to a 1BR standard villa at Boardwalk. I've been to the resort once, VERY briefly. We've never stayed at any of the Epcot resorts, as we love the MK area with little kids. Here are my issues - maybe you can convince me that they aren't even issues.

1) Where to put the crib? We always just put the crib in a bathroom. Problem is Boardwalk only has one bathroom (although it is a split bathroom) but it apprears that there is NOT a door from the bedroom to the tub section. True? How strange. So then the crib would have to go in the shower section which is a pain because the bathroom becomes unusable and the little guy will have to wake up as soon as we want to get ready in the morning. Are there any other good "out of the way" places to put the crib there?

2) Transportation to DHS. We will not be going to Epcot on this trip so the closeness to that resorts is a unused benefit. And it seems that the only transportation to DHS is walk or boat. Is the walk miserable with a double stroller??? We always walk from BLT/CR to the MK but take the monorail home when we're tired.

3) What's the boat route order? How long of a trip is it on the boat to/from DHS?

4) Transportation time to MK. We will be doing 1.5 days at MK this trip. How is the bus transportation to MK? What resorts does is share with and where is BW in that route?

Thanks!
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: