Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #2326
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much such little questions but need to know lol so happy there's a fridge need to keep those waters cold and left over cheese cake lol
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #2327
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Hi!
My Bf and I will be staying at ASMo Aug18-22nd! We have ADR at CRT for 9am. The CM who I spoke to on the phone told me to give ourselves 90 minutes to get from the resort to MK. Most of the posts I've seen on here suggest that the travel time is only 15 minutes. I obviously want to give us plenty of time to get there and be get some empty park pictures, but how much time do we really need to plan for to get there at that time in the morning?
Thanks!
We were able to walk right onto busses with no wait at ASMo, and we also waited just under an hour and once just over an hour for busses to/from ASMo on our last trip. Although quick busses were the norm, those 2 "bad" experiences proved it's better to err on the side of caution when it comes to relying on Disney transportation...not just at Values, but anywhere. Things happen...

shyjade is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #2328
Patience
DIS Veteran

When was the most recent room refurb at ASMo? Thanks
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #2330
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Standard building opinions

I was just able to switch from Sports to Movies thanks to a PIN that came in regular mail. I booked a standard room. I have not stayed at ASMo before.

On the fly I added a building request for #2 in the Mighty Ducks.

Any other information I should know about choosing a standard room building from Mighty Ducks or Love Bug? Is building 2 a decent choice?

(And yes I know with my Herbie #53 icon I should choose Love Bug... )

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR

Last edited by jcarwash; 04-18-2013 at 11:49 AM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #2331
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I was just able to switch from Sports to Movies thanks to a PIN that came in regular mail. I booked a standard room. I have not stayed at ASM before.

On the fly I added a building request for #2 in the Mighty Ducks.

Any other information I should know about choosing a standard room building from Mighty Ducks or Love Bug? Is building 2 a decent choice?

(And yes I know with my Herbie #53 icon I should choose Love Bug... )
I stayed in bldg 2 once on the wing closest to bldg 1, 3rd flr poolside. It was great. Close to the food court of ASM and ASMo. Never heard noise from the pool. It was a nice change after 4 yrs in a row at Pop. We were Popped out and needed a change. This was before the rehab so the room was not in great shape. That should not be a problem now.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #2332
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I stayed in bldg 2 once on the wing closest to bldg 1, 3rd flr poolside. It was great. Close to the food court of ASM and ASMo. Never heard noise from the pool. It was a nice change after 4 yrs in a row at Pop. We were Popped out and needed a change. This was before the rehab so the room was not in great shape. That should not be a problem now.
Thanks, EpcotBill. Glad to hear from you on this or any topic -- I know I'm getting good info.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #2333
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

Notify a CM if bus isn't there

Wow! I read the post about waiting for an hour for a bus at the ASMo! Definitely not acceptableYou should always feel free to go to a front desk CM and tell them the time you've been waiting and have them contact the transportation staff immediately! We've been staying at the Values since they were built and have never had poor service. CMs will usually be walking around the bus stops during the busy times each day with their pads and communicators and are very quick to act on that kind of information. Disney wants us in the parks
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #2334
alisha123
Mouseketeer

We are going in June. If anyone knows what time does the bus start running in mornings? We wanna be at rope drop Sunday the 23rd day 1!!!
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #2335
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Thanks, EpcotBill. Glad to hear from you on this or any topic -- I know I'm getting good info.
Thanks for the kind words. All Star Movies was my first Value resort. I've always liked it there. After my last visit I said I wouldn't go back until it was refurbished. Now it's been refurbished but my wife said she'll never go back to a Value after our disastrous trip to Pop in 2011. I say never say never.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #2336
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.

Can I please get a recent review of the "free" WIFI - internet speed in the value resorts. last time we were there it wasn't even free LOL but it was horrible slow and not worth it. Can anyone who has been there within the last few months comment please? Thank you!
Cruises: 2006 - 4 nt. Wonder...2007 Eastern Caribbean Magic...2008/9 New Years Western Caribbean ... April 2010 14 nt. Eastbound TransAtlantic Magic... August 2011...B2B Disney Dream.... June 2012 Fantastic Fantasy Voyage...and then hopping back to NY for a New England MAGICal adventure.... June 2013 The Wonders of Alaska!

Park Hopping: June 2014 TOKYO DISNEY HERE WE COME!... 2014 4 Days WDW and MY FIRST PRINCESS 5K!!... 2013 10 days WDW ....2011 Pre-cruise WDW...2011 Disneyland... 2010 WDW All Star Music ..:2009 WDW Pop Century...2006 WDW Pop Century ...2005-Disney Land(w/out DS)...1997-WDW
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #2337
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Hi!
My Bf and I will be staying at ASMo Aug18-22nd! We have ADR at CRT for 9am. The CM who I spoke to on the phone told me to give ourselves 90 minutes to get from the resort to MK. Most of the posts I've seen on here suggest that the travel time is only 15 minutes. I obviously want to give us plenty of time to get there and be get some empty park pictures, but how much time do we really need to plan for to get there at that time in the morning?
Thanks!
We always try to be at the bus stop 60-70 mins. before we want to be there, so for your breakfast, I'd probably be at the bus stop a little before 8. I saw other ppl. say up to 2 hrs., but that seems really extreme to me. I'm kinda the crazy Disney one in our family, and we've never had a problem. Most times we still get to the park really early and my family always teases me about making everyone hurry and rush to the bus, just to wait once we get to the park.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #2338
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

We just returned from a stay at the ASMo resort. Not my first choice, but stayed here since family was staying. We paid for standard and were upgraded to preferred in the Dalmation building number 4. Requested a connecting room and were given that, so that was nice!

I can say I won't be staying here again. The buses to MK were awful IMO. We waited forever in the mornings. 2 to 3 buses would come for the other parks and we would still be waiting for 1. I found they shared with the other AS resorts in the morning and evening, but did NOT share during the day, which seemed a little silly!

I also didn't like the A/C situation. It turns off at night since it's on the sensor, and I tried to bypass the system, didn't work. It also made a weird clicking noise like it was going to come on, then clicked to go off. Worked fine when we were moving around the room. It was not very hot out during our stay, so I can only imagine how hot it gets in there in the Summer!

Many of the towels were stained in our room. Also the pool towel situation is annoying. No carts in the buildings with them like I have seen in the past when we have stayed at a value. Mousekeeping was fine. No towel animals since we didn't tip. My sister was in the room next to us and tipped one day to see if they would get an animal and did. I don't care, just think it's funny they won't give you the "magic" without a tip. For all they know I was tipping at the end of the stay. But alas, I didn't, because I don't generally unless they go above and beyond, but that's probably a whole other post On check out day I pulled a hand towel off the towel bar and found a bug on it. It was quite small, black, tiny legs, not sure if it was a bed bug, but looked like one. I'm guessing it hitchiked in from the mousekeeping cart since I didn't see any others!

Food court was fine, but one night the a/c was clearly not working and it was an OVEN in there. The whole main building was an oven. I was told by the front desk that it's because it was humid out. Wasn't really buying that since I know what no a/c feels like vs. a humid day.

We had a great time in the parks, and my kids however enjoyed the stay, and that is all that counts right!
summerrluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #2339
JustMeFran
Mouseketeer

We stayed in Toy Story (Buzz side) in January and we had really good Wi-Fi service! Speed was not a problem at all.

JustMeFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #2340
katyz00
Earning My Ears

Hello I was just curious to know if the All Star Music Resort has a piano that guests are able to play? I am pretty good at the piano and I need to keep my practicing up because we'll be at disney for a week
katyz00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: