Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
dznystar
DIS Veteran

trip insurance

I'm working on trip insurance for our November cruise. I've never purchased it before and not sure what really should be on my must-have specs. I've narrowed down to a few options on *****************. Can someone give me an idea of basic things I should look for/ steer clear of? TIA!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
PWammy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznystar View Post
I'm working on trip insurance for our November cruise. I've never purchased it before and not sure what really should be on my must-have specs. I've narrowed down to a few options on *****************. Can someone give me an idea of basic things I should look for/ steer clear of? TIA!
Basics for me, making sure it covers all legs of travel (air/cruise), health coverage was important to me and paying a few bucks to reduce the deductible and making sure it covered pre-existing conditions.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
dznystar
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your input. We don't have pre-existing conditions and we're not flying so I don't have to worry about that. It seems that on the comparison chart, there isn't a whole lot of difference between most of the plans. I had the quote set up to cover the few days prior to cruising at WDW. I guess my biggest concern stateside, is that with two kids I want reassurance that if they get sick prior to cruising, that we won't lose out money if we have to cancel or rebook.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
PWammy
Mouseketeer

Seems like your needs are pretty basic, so you probably don't need a plan with a ton of bells and whistles. Keep in mind though that you can have a travel delay and miss your sailing, even if you aren't flying to the port.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: