Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #2551
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsmachine
Single digits!!

What do I need to make sure I bring (paperwork wise that is)?

Thanks!
If you have a package, remember to bring your mickey mail: it has your confirmation number and vouchers for the little extras.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #2552
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuckles View Post
Oh my gosh!

Andre and Venom: Thank you for responding quickly to my question about whether the text of the fax indicating "we're coming in two weeks" or the 5-6 day mark for when to fax is accurate. As it turns out, I asked the question twice, I discovered, and had it answered by both of you.

I woke up at 8AM (EST) this morning, marking the five day point for our arrival. I used GotFreeFax.com, as suggested in the beginning of the thread, and e-mailed a PDF copy of the fax document I made (which turned out similar to the "template"). I received an e-mail from the room inventory manager about forty minutes after I faxed it!

The e-mail confirmed my requests and that they were able to accommodate all of them! I was never expecting all of them to be accommodated, since I had a few (the request to be in Alligator Bayou was the only really "important" one). Beyond that, they had some extra space in the "preferred" location and squeezed us in there. It's such a great start to our trip and it hasn't even happened yet.

I just hope that I didn't seem really needy. In reality, we only wanted to be in AB and would've put up with any room they could put us in. What we received, though, was a second-floor, corner room in the preferred area.

I'm thrilled with this type of attention that they're able to provide at no cost to their guests. It's really exciting. I've been smiling all day.
Glad to hear it. Here is to hoping your stay is as magical as possible!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #2553
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
This should make you feel a little better...I have 185 days!!
Woot! We have 184 days!!!

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #2554
Megsmachine
I love Minnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
If you have a package, remember to bring your mickey mail: it has your confirmation number and vouchers for the little extras.
Thanks, that is in my folder too!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #2555
Ericthered
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
Ok so if I think we left something in the room when we left, how can I get ahold of someone about it? Or is it just lost? Thanks!
If you stayed in room 2724 I turned it in to the front desk.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #2556
Ericthered
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Are connecting rooms in AB loud? In that, can you hear your neighbors easily? We really need quiet-early to bed.....midday nappers...problem is I sent a fax in this morning and didn't note "non-connecting room" It just crossed my mind tonight as I was reading a post on the POFQ thread. Is this something I should be concerned about?? or is it an non-issue?
I did ask for top floor, quiet location as we are midday nappers and go to bed early
I'm on the first floor in AB and can here the toilets flushing, doors and people walking by. However it never woke any one in our party up and we did sleep well every night.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #2557
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Can I request a green view if I paid for a standard view? I know these are just requests and may not be able to get it, but I wondered how often it happened to get a non parking lot view with a standard view room reservation?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #2558
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
Can I request a green view if I paid for a standard view? I know these are just requests and may not be able to get it, but I wondered how often it happened to get a non parking lot view with a standard view room reservation?
There is no way of telling, because it depends on things that are totally out of your control.

It can depend on how busy the resort is, how many rooms may be out of inventory for maintenance, people who have late check-out or unable to check out due to weather issues at home, etc.

You can request one, but if the resort is filled to capacity, there won't be much wriggle room.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #2559
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Single digits! 9 days until I arrive at POR!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #2560
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I am at the 8 week mark. But I have a funny story to tell.

About two years ago, a friend of mine asked me to take her and her two kids when her daughter graduates from high school, which is in June of this year.

We have been planning for weeks on end. She is a single mom, always struggling to make ends meet, but never goes without. She is very resilient and resourceful and I admire that so much in her.

They go out once a month to dinner and they go camping a couple of times a year. Her kids go to CA twice a year to see their dad, but they prefer to be at home with Mom. They have never been on a real vacation. I passed up going to Disney last year on my usual week, in order to save money to pay for the entire room, instead of splitting it, so she could be able to go.

Well, we owe the money next weekend and she hasn't really given me a definitive time other that that she almost has enough. She has had some financial issues, but she is working through it.

So, the last few weeks I have been working myself up to the point that we just are not going to be able to go and I am going to miss going to my beloved POR until later this year.

So yesterday, I saw her and lo and behold she will have the money this weekend....she is owed a check from the state of CA for unclaimed property on her grandmother's estate and it is almost the exact amount she owes me.

About 15 minutes later, it dawned on me, holy cow, we are going to Disney World. I almost fell off the bar stool.....
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #2561
Viking Princess
Earning My Ears

18 days!

Long time lurker, and decided to make my obsession official with a username .

4/1998 Port Orleans Riverside • 5/2011 Offsite • 3/2012 Offsite • 5/2013 Offsite Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #2562
joedog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuckles View Post
Oh my gosh!

I woke up at 8AM (EST) this morning, marking the five day point for our arrival. I used GotFreeFax.com, as suggested in the beginning of the thread, and e-mailed a PDF copy of the fax document I made (which turned out similar to the "template"). I received an e-mail from the room inventory manager about forty minutes after I faxed it!
Hmmm.

I also Faxed in a special room request yesterday, but I didnt receive any reply email afterwards. I hope I didnt anger the Tiki Gods.

Oh well, the worst thing that can happen is I won't get my request granted. Either way I will still be in WDW on vacation IN 2 DAYS!!

BTW, thanks for making and keeping this thread. It has been very informative, and checking in (lurking) daily has been a bright spot in many dull days waiting for my vacation to start.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #2563
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Welcome Viking Princess!!!

To all the regular readers, did Scott MC ever come back to let us know how things ended up for his family? (I scrolled back a couple of pages but I want to make sure I didn't miss the resolution!)

Question for those who have stayed at both POR and POFQ:

How busy is the POFQ food court in the early AM (like 7or 7:30 AM?) I was thinking that on our rope drop days, we would walk over there to eat beignets for breakfast and grab their bus to avoid all the POR stops. Also, I know that they often run separate buses to MK, but what about DHS or EPCOT?

TIA!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #2564
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Also, AP rates are out until 8-15 for those who were looking for them
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #2565
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Hi All - soo this is our 1st vaca ever! Twins 13, DS 9 and me. 38 days! My question: I made res thru a TA & she booked us a GV. I have no special requests added. I'm wondering whats the worst that can happen if I don't request a certain bldd? If we just show up and check in? Is there really any bad areas??????? Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: