Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #286
meechieistoocute
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1

I am planning my wedding here as well......can't wait!
meechieistoocute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #287
aibarra5
Earning My Ears
 
aibarra5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6

Question Advice welcome

Hi Everyone,

I am about to book my Escape wedding for the spring and really need some help picking a reception location. Does anyone have any thoughts, comments or pictures of the Brisa courtyard. We are pretty sure we are having the wedding in the Wedding Garden. Also I am interested in everyone's bouquets- More pictures please
__________________
aibarra5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #288
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran
 
Mindyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by aibarra5 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am about to book my Escape wedding for the spring and really need some help picking a reception location. Does anyone have any thoughts, comments or pictures of the Brisa courtyard. We are pretty sure we are having the wedding in the Wedding Garden. Also I am interested in everyone's bouquets- More pictures please
The Brisa is nice. We had our pre-reception there. Here's some pictures of the Brisa and also Grand Californian ballrooms on my blog.

http://www.budgetfairytale.com/2011/...-i-showed.html

Feel free to also join the Disneyland Brides facebook group; we have tons of pictures there, too.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/DisneylandBrides/

Good luck with your planning!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #289
aibarra5
Earning My Ears
 
aibarra5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6

Booked our wedding!

Thanks for the info and pictures. We just booked our wedding! Our ceremony is in the Wedding Garden and our reception is in the Brisa courtyard! yay!
__________________
aibarra5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #290
Heather1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1

Overwhelmed

One of my co-workers was married at Disneyworld. That's when I found out how wonderful it can be. The pictures are absolutely amazing, and the prices very reasonable. But now I have one little request. Can Mickey Mouse walk me down the aisle? Wouldn't that be a blast!!
Heather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #291
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran
 
Mindyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1 View Post
One of my co-workers was married at Disneyworld. That's when I found out how wonderful it can be. The pictures are absolutely amazing, and the prices very reasonable. But now I have one little request. Can Mickey Mouse walk me down the aisle? Wouldn't that be a blast!!
Cute idea, but no. Characters are not allowed at the actual ceremony, only at the reception.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #292
dannysgirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1

So very confused!!

Hi everyone,
My DH and I are looking into a vow renewal at Disneyland. We were looking at the Escape Wedding package, since we never had a wedding, we eloped. We're fine with the limit on guests, but we are fighting over whether or not this package has a reception? And if so, whats included, where would it be, etc? We're waiting on the DVD planner now, and will be contacting the Wedding Planners when it gets closer to the time....I just dont know what I'm getting. Also, does anyone have a price list for the add ons? I dont know whats available or even offered!! Thanks soooooo much!!
Torrie
dannysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #293
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,725

The Escape package at Disneyland includes a meal (from a choice of two set menus), but it isn't what you think of as a traditional wedding reception—i.e., no DJ and dancing. Here are the upgrade options for an Escape event (prices include tax and service charge):

Ceremony Upgrades
  • Bouquets: $100 each
  • Boutonnieres: $15 each
  • Wrist Corsages: $30 each
  • Flower Girl Baskets: $35 each
  • Gazebo Medium Floral Cluster of seasonal Flowers: $325 each
  • Basic White Aisle Runner: $85
  • Rose Petals Scattered on Aisle: $125

Wedding Reception Upgrades
  • Colored Organza Overlay: $25 per table
  • Colored Full Length Satin Linen: $40 per table
  • Standard white or ivory chair cover with a colored sash:$10 per chair
  • Upgraded Chiavari Chair with colored sash: $12 per chair
  • Chiavari Chair color options: Silver,gold, mahogany, fruitwood, black, white, crystal. With black or ivory chair cushion and colored sash of your choice.
  • Short Square or Round Glass Centerpieces: $100 per table
  • CD/iPod hook-up: $100
  • White Chocolate Castle Cake Topper: $260
  • Fresh floral Cake Decor: $200
  • White or Milk Chocolate Castle Favor with personalized ribbon: $5.50 per favor
  • White Chocolate Mickey and Minnie Photo Frame with personalized ribbon: $7.50 per favor
  • Mickey and Minnie Character Appearance at the Cake-Cutting: $1,350
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #294
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
CADisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 678

I know you can only have your wedding before the park opens or after the park closes if you're having it in front of the castle. My daughter definitely wants it in front of the castle at night. So here is my question that hopefully someone can answer for me. Since the park usually closes around 8pm off-season and they keep the shops open an hour later (9pm) I'm figuring the earliest you can have the wedding would be like 9:30 pm. So, instead of having dinner at like 10pm can you just have a dessert buffet instead? I know you have to meet a minimum amount spent but can you put more money into something else to come up with the money. And, does having Mickey & Minnie at the reception for a short period of time count toward your minimum (I would think not but thought I would ask). Can you also have princesses & their princes for a short period of time also at the reception (I heard before that you could but don't know if they changed that). And finally, we have friends who are photographers and would we be able to use them as our photographers or do you have to use who they recommend.
__________________
Disney Only Cruiser!
Wonder 2002 Land/Sea Caribbean Beach --- Wonder 2004 DD 13th
Magic 2007 Western Caribbean --- Magic 2009 Eastern Caribbean/WDW DD 18th
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #295
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran
 
Mindyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADisneyMom View Post
I know you can only have your wedding before the park opens or after the park closes if you're having it in front of the castle. My daughter definitely wants it in front of the castle at night. So here is my question that hopefully someone can answer for me. Since the park usually closes around 8pm off-season and they keep the shops open an hour later (9pm) I'm figuring the earliest you can have the wedding would be like 9:30 pm. So, instead of having dinner at like 10pm can you just have a dessert buffet instead? I know you have to meet a minimum amount spent but can you put more money into something else to come up with the money. And, does having Mickey & Minnie at the reception for a short period of time count toward your minimum (I would think not but thought I would ask). Can you also have princesses & their princes for a short period of time also at the reception (I heard before that you could but don't know if they changed that). And finally, we have friends who are photographers and would we be able to use them as our photographers or do you have to use who they recommend.
In-park weddings are highly specialized and customized so there's really no way for any of us to give you definite answers your questions. You'll have to call the DFTW offices to get confirmed answers.

You could probably do a dessert-only buffet ...but that would be some expensive dessert! You have to meet a certain food minimum and for in-park receptions it's a pretty high number (in my opinion, at least).

Mickey and Minnie generally do count towards the minimum for hotel weddings; not sure about in-park weddings.

I don't believe you can have "face" characters at weddings but I'm not 100% sure on that.

You can use your preferred photographers.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #296
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
CADisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
In-park weddings are highly specialized and customized so there's really no way for any of us to give you definite answers your questions. You'll have to call the DFTW offices to get confirmed answers.

You could probably do a dessert-only buffet ...but that would be some expensive dessert! You have to meet a certain food minimum and for in-park receptions it's a pretty high number (in my opinion, at least).

Mickey and Minnie generally do count towards the minimum for hotel weddings; not sure about in-park weddings.

I don't believe you can have "face" characters at weddings but I'm not 100% sure on that.

You can use your preferred photographers.

We weren't going to have the reception in the park, probably at Disneyland hotel, so I'm hoping it would be a little cheaper lol. Now for M&M and princesses/princes I would only want them there for the first dance and that's it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we can do.
__________________
Disney Only Cruiser!
Wonder 2002 Land/Sea Caribbean Beach --- Wonder 2004 DD 13th
Magic 2007 Western Caribbean --- Magic 2009 Eastern Caribbean/WDW DD 18th
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #297
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran
 
Mindyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADisneyMom View Post
We weren't going to have the reception in the park, probably at Disneyland hotel, so I'm hoping it would be a little cheaper lol. Now for M&M and princesses/princes I would only want them there for the first dance and that's it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we can do.
I believe for evening castle weddings, you have to have the reception in-park as well. I'm not 100% sure on that but I believe that is the policy. Also, characters only make appearances during the cake-cutting and for a 30 minute window.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #298
CADisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
CADisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
I believe for evening castle weddings, you have to have the reception in-park as well. I'm not 100% sure on that but I believe that is the policy. Also, characters only make appearances during the cake-cutting and for a 30 minute window.
Thank you for that information, I thought you could bring them in whenever you wanted but the cake cutting is fine, I guess I'll just have to limit it to M&M then. I just thought it would always be nice to have the princesses and princes dancing around them while they did the first dance...oh well I'll just have to imagine it then
__________________
Disney Only Cruiser!
Wonder 2002 Land/Sea Caribbean Beach --- Wonder 2004 DD 13th
Magic 2007 Western Caribbean --- Magic 2009 Eastern Caribbean/WDW DD 18th
Wonder 2011 Cruise to Nowhere --- Dream 2011 Bahamas
CADisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #299
Kaylars
Mouseketeer
 
Kaylars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 128

escape 2013

Is the escape reception 4 four hour time limit? or is it just pretty much dinner and thats it?

I dont feel they really go over the reception in the escape package
Kaylars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #300
gelandnick
Mouseketeer
 
gelandnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 94

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just starting the planning process for an escape (maybe) wedding at Disneyland in 2014. I'm wondering if anyone has more information regarding the actual menu items for the escape meal. Also, what happens if I have my wedding in the morning? Is the food strictly dinner? I would almost rather have annual passes than the dinner! Lol.
gelandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: