Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
BensWife
Mouseketeer

Do you wear a lanyard or do something else?

We wore lanyards when we went to Disneyland. I am used to wearing an ID at work, so it was not a problem to wear. Lanyards are convenient to carry fast passes, money, entrance tickets, etc. However, when we got home, I noticed that every single picture we had we are wearing our ugly lanyards. (And they were the really ugly yellow ones you get from having a Disney Visa). This time around I am thinking about not wearing a lanyard, but I'm afraid if I try to keep everything in my pockets I will lose it. I do plan on wearing a cross over bag and I think DH will bring a fanny pack. We can keep essentials in there, but I did like the convenience of not having to search for those things in my bag and just having them around my neck. How do you prefer to keep all the essentials?

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q.
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - DLH (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Renting Grand Californian Villas
Nov '14 - Embassy Suites South
BensWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

You could wear a wrist lanyard. Or tuck your lanyard inside your shirt.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
patty57
DIS Veteran

I use a small cross body bag containing room key, ticket, phone and some money. That's about all I carry in the parks. I don't like things around my neck, so don't use a lanyard.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Peachkins
DIS Veteran

I used a cross body bag as well, but it had a couple of small pockets on the outside. I put the things I would need a lot, like room keys, cash, and ID in one of those pockets. It saved me from having to root through the main bag for that type of stuff.

Peachkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

You could always pick up a prettier lanyard!

We're starting to get quite the collection now... my husband's work-supplied lanyard has awesome little lizards all over it (weird, but cool). A friend of mine gave me one with nerdy Hello Kittys all over it. We've got a full set of Harry Potter themed ones from Universal, including mine which looks like a house tie. We got a bunch of free yellow ones that look like old movie reels from the local radio station. And so on!

I bet you could probably find some really fun Disney ones.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

You can buy Disney themed ones too. They have pin lanyards and IIRC KTTW/AP card holder lanyards.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
ksloane
DIS Veteran

we take our lanyards off for a lot of the pictures. Just lay them on the ground at our feet or something.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We wear lanyards too- so easy and we don't have to worry about DH losing them when he's pulling something else out of his pockets (yes, it has happened ). They have some fun designs on the lanyards for sale, and it seems like you can't swing a cat without finding a place that sells them (in the parks and at the resorts).
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I usually have two on in photopass pictures. One has my camera on it and the other a little purse with fast passes, KTTW card and my photopass card. I don't want to lose anything.

For this year's trip, I actually found one with a purse on the end big enough to hold my phone.

We always have Disney Themed Lanyards. Ebay has a huge selection.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
lroger01
DIS Veteran

I wear a small purse on my belt loops. It is about the size of a small fanny pack and has a trigger clip at one (or both ends). I thread this through two belt loops on my shorts. It keeps my the-vacation-will-be-ruined stuff close by but out of the way. The only real drawback is you can't put something really heavy in it, and you have to wear shorts/pants with belt loops.

Any wallet on a string type purse will work as long as it has the trigger clips on the handle. You may need to add a buckle or have the shoulder strap shortened. A shoe repair place can do that quickly and may not charge you for it.

It looks better than a fanny pack, is comfortable (no waist belt) and it stays in place when using the restroom.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
alisha123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
I usually have two on in photopass pictures. One has my camera on it and the other a little purse with fast passes, KTTW card and my photopass card. I don't want to lose anything.

For this year's trip, I actually found one with a purse on the end big enough to hold my phone.

We always have Disney Themed Lanyards. Ebay has a huge selection.
Thanks for the tip on EBay for lanyards! They are way cheaper. What about the pins on there are they authentic to trade? Any idea? They seem awfully cheap on there
alisha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Dh carries a book bag for things like sunscreen, an extra change of clothes for dd, autograph book, etc. I carry a cross body with our KTTWC, Id's, money, etc. However, this coming September I am going to go with a lanyard seeing as how I'm only carrying the cross body for our cards and money. I am going to go with a Vera Bradley lanyard and Id holder. I think they are much more stylish/feminine and the VB lanyards don't seem to be as thick as others that I've seen. I want to keep things that we need often, like our cards and money separate from our main bag and while a cross body was fine, I am just looking to lighten the load.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #13
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I carry a small backpack in the parks, and it's a pain to have to dig out my phone or park ticket all the time since my bag is on my back. So those two items go in my pocket. I have an AP so I keep it inside the sleeve. FPs go inside the sleeve as well. I've never had any problems with losing it.

You might consider wearing cargo capris or shorts with a pocket on the side that buttons. This would let you put your KTTW/tickets/FPs in a more secure but still convenient pocket.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #14
Stitch407
Florida Mouseketeer

I agree with buying a pretty lanyard. My ticket/room key/ifd card is also my credit card while I'm there. It's everything...so it's staying in sight at all times. Lanyards are cheap too even pretty ones.
Stitch407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
JessM
We all have a dream

I carry around a wristlet (clutch) and keep all the important cards and my phone (camera) in there. It saves me from having to dig through my drawstring backpack every time I need my ticket. I love it! I have a ton of wristlets so I bring a couple so I can try and match my outfit
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: