Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
Pearlsaul
Earning My Ears

How can I get through all the coasters at theme parks quickly?

I was just talking to a guy at Six Flags Magic Mountain after a day of coaster riding, and he happened to mention that he managed to hit all the coasters with little to no wait time.

Its summer. The park was pretty crowded, and my sister and I only managed to hit 4 of the big ones because of the lines.

What are strategies to think about when visiting parks? Besides going on off season days...
Pearlsaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlsaul View Post
I was just talking to a guy at Six Flags Magic Mountain after a day of coaster riding, and he happened to mention that he managed to hit all the coasters with little to no wait time.

Its summer. The park was pretty crowded, and my sister and I only managed to hit 4 of the big ones because of the lines.

What are strategies to think about when visiting parks? Besides going on off season days...
Go very early in the day or very late, use FastPass, and use single-rider (only 3 at WDW).
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

First of all,Disney is different from Six Flags Magic Mountain or a Cedar Point,the coasters at Disney are far from the scream machines at SFMM,they're also more limited with Epcot having no coasters and the other parks only having one or two,not the 18-19 SFMM has.Also due to this and that Disney is very popular these rides usually have a wait.Use Mesaboy's advice and get there at opening,grab a fastpass or use the single rider lines for Everest and RnRc,Test Track which is not a coaster is the most thrilling ride at Epcot and also has a singles line.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Going on recommended days when crowds are predicted to be lower helps, too. Check out easywdw.com. Josh posts crowd calendars and just created some cheat sheets with color-coded maps of each park that help you determine the best order for rides.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Have a car, otherwise you'll spend a lot of time waiting for buses to the other parks.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
Steve's Girl
DIS Veteran

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way and hopefully it will actually be helpful. If you hare looking only for thrill/coaster rides, I don't think Disney is the best option for that. Other amusement parks have much better thrill rides. I personally wouldn't spend the money on Disney just for the coasters.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve's Girl View Post
I don't mean this in a disrespectful way and hopefully it will actually be helpful. If you hare looking only for thrill/coaster rides, I don't think Disney is the best option for that. Other amusement parks have much better thrill rides. I personally wouldn't spend the money on Disney just for the coasters.
Yes and to add to your post.

OP you do realize that this forum and pretty much the entire site, is dedicated to Walt Disney World in Florida with a few other sub forums for other Disney parks around the world and other Florida parks.

I'm wondering if you did a search and this forum "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" popped up and you didn't get the connection that DIS in the name meant DISney.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Are you talking about at Disney, or in general? My strategies vary widely.

At Disney, you don't have more than a few thrill rides in a park, so I split them across different mornings. DHS, I FP TSM, ride TSM, (not a thrill ride,) ride RnRC, ride ToT and then FP either RnRC or ToT - depending on mood or how long I stay in the park. I can get through each 2x before 11 or so. MK, we do Space at opening and FP Splash and BTMRR at our leisure. Or, Splash & BTMRR usually have no line late at night. I hit AK for Dinosaur and walk-on Everest rides in the last two hours of park operation. EPCOT doesn't really have thrill rides... I guess Test Track, ridden at opening via single rider or easily via FP.

Now, if you want to do those all in one day?
Start at DHS, move to Epcot and single rider TT. Eat lunch/have a break. Go to AK at dinner time, hit Dino & Everest then off to MK. FP Space if still available, hit BTMRR and Splash last. That honestly would not be enough to fill my day.

It's also a vastly different strategy than I use at my home parks, Cedar Point & Kings Island. There I hit the longest-line items early, until the lines start getting long. Then moderate line draws and mild draws, finishing the night at whatever major(s) I haven't hit. We usually circle the parks a few times. Disney is much easier, in that respect. Hope that helps.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
. . . What are strategies . . . Besides going on off season days . . .

1) The big coasters at WDW are always busy.
. . . Everest
. . . Space Mtn
. . . Big Thunder Mtn
. . . RnRC
2) We have found only two ways to get all four QUICKLY and with no waits.
. . . luck
. . . prayer
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #10
MsKitty77
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Depends very much on the park, regarding Disney being there for rope drop and planning out which fastpass you need to get is my usual strategy. Plan your routes and list your must do attractions.

If you're asking about parks like Six Flags or Cedar Point then shelling out for an ultimate fastpass is your best bet, Went to Cedar Point at the end of July since we we're only there for a day paid $40 for an unlimited fastpass managed to get onto rides with posted wait times of 120 minutes in about 5minutes
MsKitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: