Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #136
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsJez View Post

Yes for Harry Potter phase 1 - but there's a new one being at Universal linking the two parks together. So at least x 2 that cost. Plus universals got Transformers this summer and a new Simpsons area on top of a number of other recent additions Rip Ride Rocket etc.

If Disney is spending $425 on Fantasyland, yet Universal can do Harry Potter 2 quicker and cheaper then it sounds like Disney need to be employing Universal contractors!

As for $1Bn on Nextgen - imagine a conversation between a Disney Imagineer and a kid 'well son we were going to build lots of cool new rides but instead weve spent the money on a better fastpass system and those cool new wristbands' - Woooooooooo!
Listen buddy universal does It cheaper and quicker because they don't but the effort and quality into their work. Universal slaps stuff together why disney tells a story. Disney talks so long because they out so much detail in you need a magnifying glass.
The next gen stuff will eventually be a great thing once all the kinks work out. When fast pass first came out it had problems too. And guess who had to get a system similar universal had to do it. I bet after this next gen becomes a success which I believe it eventually will become universal will try something similar a lot of what they do is just a similar copy of a disney thing.

[/url]
rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #137
ParkHoppers
Earning My Ears

I just love the Universal is so great and Disney is not talk. Bottom line is Universal is a pair of glorified amusement parks and top notch at that. But Disney is a massive world.All encompassing with an overall vibe and feeling that Universal will never have IMO.

Last edited by ParkHoppers; 04-17-2013 at 11:52 PM.
ParkHoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #138
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
bad argument...we're not given access to song of the south...unless you happen to be in japan

who knows?

actually...as most of us already know...song of the south is a fantastic movie and was a predecessor to Mary Poppins - which along with Sleeping Beauty and possibly one of the pixars (nemo, toy story, toy story 2...wall-3...take your pick) represents the absolute zenith of disney films...

so is song of the south better than avatar? not really a debate
The point is, you don't have to be a fan of the movie to enjoy the ride/land. I would guess that at least 90% of the people who ride Splash Mountain have never even seen Song of the South. Why bash Avatarland because the movie doesn't interest you (not specifically you, just people in general), especially when people have no idea what is going to be included.
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #139
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Listen buddy universal does It cheaper and quicker because they don't but the effort and quality into their work. Universal slaps stuff together why disney tells a story. Disney talks so long because they out so much detail in you need a magnifying glass.
The next gen stuff will eventually be a great thing once all the kinks work out. When fast pass first came out it had problems too. And guess who had to get a system similar universal had to do it. I bet after this next gen becomes a success which I believe it eventually will become universal will try something similar a lot of what they do is just a similar copy of a disney thing.
honest question do you really believe what you just posted about universal?
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #140
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
The point is, you don't have to be a fan of the movie to enjoy the ride/land. I would guess that at least 90% of the people who ride Splash Mountain have never even seen Song of the South. Why bash Avatarland because the movie doesn't interest you (not specifically you, just people in general), especially when people have no idea what is going to be included.
great point...always find it strange that people blast it when they have no idea what will be apart of the land
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #141
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHoppers View Post
I just love the Universal is so great and Disney is not talk. Bottom line is Universal is a pair of glorified amusement parks and top notch at that. But Disney is a massive world.All encompassing with an overall vibe and feeling that Universal will never have IMO.
its not that uni is so great and disney is not its that disney is not doing much right now and what they re doing is taking forever to build while uni is stepping up its game big time

dont remain satisfied with disney expect them to be the best
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #142
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post

honest question do you really believe what you just posted about universal?
Yes disney is great always has been and always will be universal will be the one playing catch up. I do like a lot of universal movies but when it comes to parks disney wins hands down.

[/url]
Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #143
twebber55
DIS Veteran

i mean this part..to me this looks like you re letting disney slide because of past achievements..i mean how cheap does HP look or the new HP area in USF..which they started after and will finish almost the same time as seven dwarfs....

hey im a dsiney fan (thats why im on these types of boards) but lets hold them to a higher standard than what they ve been doing the past couple of years
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #144
fr spodo komodo
Earning My Ears

Quote:

i mean this part..to me this looks like you re letting disney slide because of past achievements..i mean how cheap does HP look or the new HP area in USF..which they started after and will finish almost the same time as seven dwarfs....

hey im a dsiney fan (thats why im on these types of boards) but lets hold them to a higher standard than what they ve been doing the past couple of years
How does HP land look cheap at all????
fr spodo komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #145
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
If that is the case then I am all for slapped together attractions! I would hold the quality and detail of Wizarding World up against anything Disney has built in it's US parks. All indications are that Phase 2 will be just as detailed and will introduce not one, but two groundbreaking new rides. I love Disney, but they are trying to get by on thier past success and that can only last so long. It's not likley that Universal could ever beat WDW on attendance and revenue, but they can cause WDW some serious pain if they keep uping thier game they way they have been.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #146
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr spodo komodo View Post

How does HP land look cheap at all????
For the record im defending uni
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #147
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post

If that is the case then I am all for slapped together attractions! I would hold the quality and detail of Wizarding World up against anything Disney has built in it's US parks. All indications are that Phase 2 will be just as detailed and will introduce not one, but two groundbreaking new rides. I love Disney, but they are trying to get by on thier past success and that can only last so long. It's not likley that Universal could ever beat WDW on attendance and revenue, but they can cause WDW some serious pain if they keep uping thier game they way they have been.
I believe that universal did do a good job on Harry potter but right now I think disney is waiting because of Avatarland I think Avatarland is going to bring a lot of new and exciting things that will stump universal in anything. We may not like it but the technology behind this attractions will be great. Also I think the mine train will be different from what disney has done before to. New fantasy land is a new and great experience. If you put disney world against universal as a whole not including attendance disney would defiantly win. There is just so much more there. Universal doesnt put there areas together like disney. Disney and there lands make it feel as if you in a separate part of the park and then you walk to another and it excluded as well. Universal nothing is hidden like that you can see a ton of stuff in each area.

[/url]
Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #148
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I'm not saying that universal is bad but I believe disney is held to a higher standard and it might be time to hold universal to that standard too. I have always been a huge disney fan and I always will be. I'm not saying I will never go to universal but I have been and plan to go to disney parks more than any universal so therefor I'm going to pull for anything disney.

[/url]
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #149
Dznefreek
R.I.P Bruce

Quote:
any clue on size and scope of this project?
No sorry, his father is getting ready to go to Japan to work on some other projects . . . . . .
Dznefreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #150
Dznefreek
R.I.P Bruce

Quote:
disney tells a story
I would venture a guess that the average WDW visitor does not know about nor care about story.

Quote:
slapped together
Like Dino-rama at AK.

You obviously have not seen the WWOHP and gone through Hogwart's
Dznefreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: