Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #121
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybabe84 View Post
Any good rec's for a BB cream, tinted moisturizer? I'm on the lookout for a new one. Also a nice water proof mascara
What's your skin type? I am very oily and my skin is incredibly sensitive.

BB Cream:
- I like Smashbox, both the BB and the CC creams. They do a good job of controlling oil when topped with powder and have a high SPF (35 for the BB and 30 for the CC). Coverage is medium. I'd say that both are good picks for people with normal to moderately oily skin. If you're really oily, you may want a primer. I don't use one with it.
- Several people here recommend the Garnier BB cream for oily/combo skin as a drugstore choice, but I haven't personally tried it, however.

Tinted Moisturizer:
- I'm not into this product category. Not enough coverage, too greasy. I prefer BB creams that control oil.

Waterproof Mascara:
- Urban Decay Cannonball
- Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #122
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses View Post
What's your skin type? I am very oily and my skin is incredibly sensitive.

BB Cream:
- I like Smashbox, both the BB and the CC creams. They do a good job of controlling oil when topped with powder and have a high SPF (35 for the BB and 30 for the CC). Coverage is medium. I'd say that both are good picks for people with normal to moderately oily skin. If you're really oily, you may want a primer. I don't use one with it.
- Several people here recommend the Garnier BB cream for oily/combo skin as a drugstore choice, but I haven't personally tried it, however.

Tinted Moisturizer:
- I'm not into this product category. Not enough coverage, too greasy. I prefer BB creams that control oil.

Waterproof Mascara:
- Urban Decay Cannonball
- Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof
Thanks!! I have dry skin. I was using the Clinique CC Cream and it has been so greasy on my skin. I loved it in the beginning, but now that I've been using it for a bit, it's starting to turn orange-y as the day goes on, and then I become oily, which never happens. I can't imagine what it will be like in the heat. I'm going to try the smashbox one, and the urban decay mascara
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #123
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Garnier BB cream made my skin super greasy, and I'm oily to begin with. I like the new UD Naked beauty balm, but it only comes in 1 shade.

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]
tryplm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #124
LK4Bama
Earning My Ears

Last year for our trip I was looking for something that would hold up all day in the parks without retouching or melting. I came across Rimmel "Lasting Finish". It was cheap and said it was "heat, sweat and humidity proof for 25 hours". So I thought I'd give it a try...it worked perfectly! It held up in the mid June heat, humidity and rain. I also think it would work for those with oily skin as well. I'm going to buy again for my trip this year. Just thought this would help for those looking for a cheap option!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #125
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK4Bama View Post
Last year for our trip I was looking for something that would hold up all day in the parks without retouching or melting. I came across Rimmel "Lasting Finish". It was cheap and said it was "heat, sweat and humidity proof for 25 hours". So I thought I'd give it a try...it worked perfectly! It held up in the mid June heat, humidity and rain. I also think it would work for those with oily skin as well. I'm going to buy again for my trip this year. Just thought this would help for those looking for a cheap option!
Is this a BB/CC cream or a setting spray? Sorry for the stupid question
Old 04-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #126
LK4Bama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzDoll View Post

Is this a BB/CC cream or a setting spray? Sorry for the stupid question
It is a foundation with a built in primer. Not a stupid question! I should have added that info!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #127
M2B
Mouseketeer

I use a Loreal Primer, and make up stayed put. I haven't seen foundation/primer in one around here yet, will have to keep an eye out.

I used primer with sunscreen in it, foundation (some days) a bit of eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip balm. I don't think I did a "full face" while we were there.
M2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #128
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK4Bama View Post
It is a foundation with a built in primer. Not a stupid question! I should have added that info!
Thanks! Our local Target sells Rimmel so I'll be on the lookout. This is a fantastic thread.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #129
ammag
DIS Veteran

Aout milk of magnesia...it is drying, a $4 bottle lasts a few months until it starts to dry up and get thick, then I throw it away. I've been using it since the fall by putting a thin layer on every night after cleaning. You will probably see some of the whiteness on the face but it's worth it. Now I also went on birth control a month after starting the milk,but my skin hasn't been this clear is years. I am 36, started with acne when I was about 20. Tried everything, the best for me was hormonal control via pills, but this has been one of the best things in addition. I just put it on my face this morning as a primer, will see how it does on a humid day. That was applied with a cotton pad, extremely thin and no white streaks. I think as a primer if you can see it,it's too thick. If someone has some acne problems i think it's worth a try! It seems to help tone down red marks a bit too, and close pores. I seriously haven't had a breakout in maybe 4 months, for the first time in my life.....I researched and couldn't find any harm in trying so go for it!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #130
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

I don't use high priced stuff, really.

For moisturizer (at Disney) I use Olay Regenerist with SPF. (my skin care norm is the Olay Regenerist line).

For primer, foundation, powder, veil - Physicians Formula mineral line. (only thing liquid is the primer)
My eye make up is the same as at home - a mixture of Cover Girl, ELF, and NYC products. I also have the Urban Decay Naked Palette I use on occasion.
Blush - Physicians Formula mineral line.
Lips - usually just use my SoftLips lip balm (has SPF in it), sometimes the tinted verson.

eta: I have dry to oily skin. A few years ago, I started breaking out for the first time in my life constantly. I battled it for a few years. I switched to the Olay Regenerist line and all my issues cleared and have not reoccured.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #131
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! Wanted to add an update!

All of the recs for the Garnier Combo/Oily BB cream led me to Ulta this week. I ended up checking out the Rimmel BB cream while I was there. They had a sample and it felt very thick and creamy and smooth. I didn't try it on my face but tried it on my hand. Coverage seemed good but the texture seemed like the cream is more suited for a person with dry skin.

I ended up buying the Garnier Combo/Oily BB cream. I was confused about color but chose Medium/Dark. I actually have light medium skin (foundation color matches for me are Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny 3W1, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity 3, Mac NC30, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus, Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation in Medium, and Light Medium in the Smashbox BB (slightly dark for me) and CC creams, and Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Ivory). Looking at the list, I appear to be a foundation junkie.

Anyway, I thought the color match was pretty good. Maybe SLIGHTLY dark, but I can deal with that. The coverage was FAR better than expected. I was expecting coverage to be more like a tinted moisturizer, but I would put I would put coverage at a solid medium. It's about equal to the Smashbox in terms of coverage and a LOT better than the Too Faced or Urban Decay BB Creams that I've sampled. My skin is pretty clear but I have hyperpigmentation from past breakouts and it really evened out my skin tone.

I was REALLY surprised by how liquidy this is but it blends in easily and smoothly. A little goes a long way. If you've tried the Urban Decay BB Cream, the texture is liquidy like that one but the coverage is about a million times better. I added some finishing powder (my skin is so greasy, it's a habit). It feels very comfortable and light.

I don't think it's QUITE as good for my oily skin compared to the Smashbox, but at $12.99 for 2 oz compared to $39 or $42 for 1 oz that's ok. I found myself getting shiny sooner than I'd like but it's better than a tinted moisturizerin that respect. I may try it with a primer underneath and see how that works.

I think that the Garnier BB Cream for Combination/Oily skin is a great choice for people with Normal to slightly Oily skin. I think it's probably too hydrating for oily people like me, at least without a primer. As for colors, that could be a challenge. Because the coverage is so good, I think it'll make color matching a bit more complicated. There are only 3 or 4 colors.

DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #132
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryplm View Post
Garnier BB cream made my skin super greasy, and I'm oily to begin with. I like the new UD Naked beauty balm, but it only comes in 1 shade.
Did you try the original or the combination/oily? I actually had considered the Garnier last year and read in reviews that it was really for people with dry skin. But on here, someone mentioned the combination/oily version. I just tried it (review posted above) and it isn't greasy. My skin is super oily.

DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #133
emilymad
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread! I have oily skin and there are so many great tips. I am going to have to order the Urban Decay de slick while Sephora is still having their sale.

I like Benefit Benetint on my cheeks.
For foundation I use Make Up Forever Matte Velvet+. It layers really well to get either sheer or medium coverage.

I like L'Oreal Magic skin BB cream. It has worked pretty well on my oil skin. I am not sure how it would hold up in Florida though.

Philosophy has a new mattifier out but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #134
TheDisneyChick
Mouseketeer

My family and I live on Evian spray! It can be used as a setting spray and just as a refresher in the parks. We bring it in the parks and everyone with us will take turns getting sprayed. You can get a two pack at sephora for about $14. It also feels good on the drying plane, and it is under TSA limits.

I also really like the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow because they stay so long on me. I just use the shade Barely Branded as a nice natural color and I'm good to go!

Lastly I like to use the Maybelline Baby Lips because they have an SPF of 15 or 20, I can't remember. I just like the color selection for a nice hint of color if you don't want a plain lip balm, and they smell amazing too!
TheDisneyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #135
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

So, I have been keeping up with this thread since it's inception. Like the pp, I looked into the Garnier combo/oily BB cream based on the recs here. I LOVE it!!! I primed first with the Neutrogena Shine Control primer and finished with the same Neutrogena line of finishing powder. I haven't had to blot all day yesterday or today. I don't like a full coverage foundation and tinted moisturizers are a little too sheer and greasy for me. This covers perfectly for me!

Thanks for the tip!!!

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: