Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
mardi_gras
Earning My Ears

Ticket questions

This might seem like a really weird questions, but i just want to be sure. My son and i will be coming from very far away land, i don't think UT, dreams unlimited or disney can deliver "real" tickets to my location.

We plan to stay 7 days wdw on site, hit the 4 major parks and DQ, then transfer hotel to UO stay there for 3 days. Then spend the rest of our 20/21 day trip off-site along i-Drive.

1. Can i just print out all the confirmation emails, including hotel reservation, as proof of our purchase, to convert it to kttw upon our arrival?

2. I really want that flexpass from UT, do they deliver to wdw resort? Of course i wouldn't mind dropping by UPS if we have to on our way to UO if it can't be done, but wouldn't it be very convenient to just head straight to UO.

3. Why is it that WDW website has this recommended package which showed my choices such as 4 day base ticket with "waterpark fun & more option," it says it's recommended because my kid "might enjoy water park and DQ," but underneath the same page it says recommended activity is "DQ, additional fee required." i'm so confuse because we're only aiming for the DQ, not the
waterpark. If i'll be asked to pay an additional ticket for DQ admission, then
i'm just gonna uncheck that "waterpark & more" option.

Help, please..
mardi_gras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardi_gras View Post
This might seem like a really weird questions, but i just want to be sure. My son and i will be coming from very far away land, i don't think UT, dreams unlimited or disney can deliver "real" tickets to my location.

We plan to stay 7 days wdw on site, hit the 4 major parks and DQ, then transfer hotel to UO stay there for 3 days. Then spend the rest of our 20/21 day trip off-site along i-Drive.

1. Can i just print out all the confirmation emails, including hotel reservation, as proof of our purchase, to convert it to kttw upon our arrival?

If you book through Dreams Unlimited, they pay Disney directly on your behalf. Your tickets will be on your KttW card when you arrive. If you order tickets separately from a WDW package, you should be able to print the tickets at home. Disney would convert the ticket upon entering the park to cardboard version. If you order from anyone other than Disney or someone paying Disney on your behalf, you will need more than a receipt to redeem.

2. I really want that flexpass from UT, do they deliver to wdw resort? Of course i wouldn't mind dropping by UPS if we have to on our way to UO if it can't be done, but wouldn't it be very convenient to just head straight to UO.

Have never been to the Universal outside LA, so I cannot help you here.

3. Why is it that WDW website has this recommended package which showed my choices such as 4 day base ticket with "waterpark fun & more option," it says it's recommended because my kid "might enjoy water park and DQ," but underneath the same page it says recommended activity is "DQ, additional fee required." i'm so confuse because we're only aiming for the DQ, not the
waterpark. If i'll be asked to pay an additional ticket for DQ admission, then
i'm just gonna uncheck that "waterpark & more" option.

The waterpark and more option adds a flat fee of $57 to each person and gives you the same number of entries you get for a regular park. If you order 4 days of park passes, you would also get 4 days of water park and more admissions. Disney Quest is one of the "and more." If you only plan to go once, do not add that option. The individual ticket prices are less than $57 each. If there is any chance you will go 2-4 times, the added fee for the option is less than the individual tickets.

Help, please..
Answers above. I should add that only items purchased through Disney will be on your KttW card. If you purchase elsewhere, it will not be added. Your tickets will be separate.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
mardi_gras
Earning My Ears

^Thanks much.

Ok, i won't add that waterpark and more anymore as we only plan to hit DQ one time. And will probably book direct with disney. Can't have mistakes in booking, we're 24-flight-time-hours away, that includes lay-overs of course.

I'm still hoping UT can deliver flexpass tickets to WDW resort though.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
mardi_gras
Earning My Ears

If i'm to purchase on-site resort and MYW tickets direct from disney, their confirmation emails are all that i'll need to show them upon arrival, is that right?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
If i'm to purchase on-site resort and MYW tickets direct from disney, their confirmation emails are all that i'll need to show them upon arrival, is that right?
Yes, you are booked on a MYW package; don't forget to bring your booklet, because it has all your vouchers for the extras in it.

Your reservation will indicate the type of room category, tickets and dining plan, if you opted for that.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #6
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Yes, you are booked on a MYW package; don't forget to bring your booklet, because it has all your vouchers for the extras in it.

Your reservation will indicate the type of room category, tickets and dining plan, if you opted for that.
Agreed. About a month before you leave Disney will attempt to mail you a packet explaining your package. If you are unable to receive the package by mail for any reason, it is okay. You can use an email confirmation to ensure your reservation is located upon check in. You can also do online check-in 10 days before you leave using your reservation number. If you are taking the free Magical Express from MCO to your resort, they will also mail you luggage tags. Foreign flights might not get the tags. I have never flown from outside the country to go to WDW, so I am not sure. If you do not receive those tags, get your own bags from the carousel. Your tickets to the Magical Express usually come in the packet, but they should be able to find your reservation without the ticket (which is really just a piece of paper in your packet). Once you arrive at the resort, you will get one card that opens your door, has the tickets you pre purchased through the package imbedded, dining (if you got that), charging privileges (if you give the a card and turn it on). It will basically hold everything but your DQ tickets, since you are buying those separately.

You can ask the agent if you book by phone to hold your packet at the check-in desk rather than mailing it, because it does include some coupons that you may be able to use. My sister did that once. You can also book online, then call and ask them to hold it for you rather than mailing it.

Hopefully, the bump will get someone to help you with the UT and UO question. Have fun on your trip.

Last edited by kmedina; 04-23-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
mardi_gras
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for all this info. We're so excited already!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Thank you so much for all this info. We're so excited already!
You're welcome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: