Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Character hunting!

Are you an adult? Do you do solo trips to disney? If so, please continue to read and reply!

I am ALL about the characters. I love em! Meals, meet and greets, parades, and high fives as they walk to/from their spots. I love it all.
Do you still get excited about them? Do you get weird looks when lining up to see Mickey around loads of families? I try to meet n greet at night where possible, but sometimes it has to be in the mornings cause they go in the afternoon! I actually had a family say 'why on earth are you in line to see goofy? You're not a kid.'
Well, no, I'm not, but I still want a pic with this guy

I always let families with small kids go in front of me though, when the handler is like '5 more minutes kids and - has to go get a drink!' Because I'm happy to wait 5-10 minutes, but toddlers might not understand why Daisy had to go before they saw her, you know? And the parent's grateful looks are always nice

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
kwdw
DIS Veteran

I do all kinds of character meet and greets solo! It so much fin to just have that brief moment to be silly with a character.. Never had a bad experience. Country bears during MVMCP last year... The bears teased me to no end...much fun!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
karly05
DIS Veteran

I am such a Big Kid - I love Phineas & Ferb, and they were a priority on both my solo trips. (Wish they'd have a regular meet with Agent P.) I'm a huge "Up" fan and was so excited to finally meet Dug & Russell this year (I told them they were my heroes and their story is one of my favorite stories ever - they were both ready to come home with me, although Dug got scared and backed out when I told him he'd have to get on an airplane). Had a great time with Buzz & Woody - Woody kissed my hand, then Buzz took the same hand and brushed off Woody's "cooties" before he kissed it, too. Tiana and Naveen were wonderful, so cute and so much fun; it was Mardi Gras, and we talked about all the folks from her home town being in the park that day.

Last year, I met Handy Manny at DHS (and yes, I was the only one in line without kids) - If they brought out Doc McStuffins, I'd be in her line, too! Honestly, the characters I've met have always been sweet, and it's fun just to let your "inner child" out.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
katt789
DIS Veteran

Character meets are hands down my favorite part of Disney! Traveling solo or with other adults we'll always make sure to stop in and see the characters. I know there have been points where parents have been all "why?" but hey, Disney is for the kid in all of us!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
Poohs100AcreWood
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

I'm all about the characters! There's nothing better than getting a hug from Mickey.

I'm an AP at Disneyland and go mainly to visit/hunt characters for photos and to interact. I did the same when I visited WDW last year. There's nothing wrong with still meeting characters as an adult.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

I love meeting characters!! It's fun to have little moments with them. My now husband & I met Rapunzel & Flynn. It was such a great experience! The photo pass photographer got the greatest shot of Flynn showing me the crown in his satchel, one of Rapunzel oohing over my engagement ring. It's too fun to deny yourself. Sure I feel silly in line sometimes, surrounded by parents & their children but I just think of my grandma and the feeling goes away. She was in her 60s the first & only time she went and she got in line with her autograph book before me and my younger brother when we were just kids. It is still amazing to see the smile on her face in all those pictures.
peachmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: