Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

I keep changing my plans....thoughts?

I am definitely someone who needs to step AWAY from the disney dining website. Totally making myself crazy trying to get everything perfect!

Dh, dd (6), and I are heading to WDW from jun 29- jul6 and staying at the poly. Dd is disabled and in a wheelchair and quite medically involved, so our touring plan is more relaxed than most people. We try to hit rope drop, tour until lunch, break at the resort for a nap, have a nice dinner, and maybe hit a park after dinner. This trip will be our first with no dining plan, and our number one goal has been to make dining reservations to fit our touring plan, not vice versa! We do like to have a TS reservation, because it is difficult to maneuver dd through QS locations, and she needs guaranteed air conditioned breaks. But we don't plan to eat a three course meal every time, and we do like sharing. DD also can't eat for medical reasons, but she loves restaurants, lol.

Here is our current plan. New restaurants to us are starred:

Jun 29- Travel/resort
Arrive at poly in evening and unpack, maybe grab dinner from captain cook's or kona island sushi; watch wishes from beach if we are awake

Jun 30- AK am/ MK pm
8:30 am Tusker House Breakfast*-- this one is a maybe, but dd loves Daisy
12:00 pm Yak and Yeti for apps and wonton dessert
5:30 pm Ohana*

Jul 1-- MK only
7:30 am Chef Mickey's*-- again a maybe, but dd would love to see Minnie in her red dress
12:00 pm LTT- Love colony salad for a light lunch!
6:30 pm Bluezoo*- looking forward to this, and will just go back to the resort after

Jul 2-- Epcot am/MK pm
No breakfast. I am tempted to make an Akershus ressie, but can't make up my mind.
12:05 pm Le Cellier
5:30 pm Kona Cafe, plan is sushi and dessert only

Jul 3-- HS only
8:00 am Hollywood and Vine-- really debating this one, as it's ONLY for getting in pre-rope-drop
12:15 pm Brown Derby-- the best option in Dh's mind. We don't love the TS options at DHS.
7:50 pm Narcoossee's-- will watch 9 pm July 4th fireworks from restaurant

Jul 4-- MK am/AK pm (on this day we will hit AK before dinner vs after)
No breakfast-- had an 8:10 Crystal Palace, but am canceling because the park hours expanded to 8 am
12:30 pm Kona Cafe
7:30 pm Jiko

Jul 5-- Makeup day, to hit parks we missed due to illness (had an ER run last trip!), or that we just didn't finish up/ MK pm
7:45 am Kona Cafe-- Tonga Toast!
12:00 pm Le Cellier-- this is a backup, as last trip we missed out on Le Cellier due to the ER trip. Dh asked that we have a backup just in case! We will cancel and replace this with something else that fits our plans while we are there.
6:00 pm Citricos

Jul 6-- No park/travel
7:45 am Ohana

How does it look to you?
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Don't do Hollywood & Vine for a pre-rope drop. HS tends to open way before the scheduled time...like 30 minutes or so. If you are in the restaurant you will miss everyone entering the parks and they will be ahead of you. No way to be out in less than 30 minutes.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Oh, and Tusker House is sooo good. You really should give it a try!
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
tj2002
Earning My Ears

I think all of your choices look fantastic! I am always changing my reservations as well. At some point you do just need to walk away and just go with it! Have fun!

tj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Three cats
DIS Veteran

I think everything looks great. I agree though, if you are only doing H&V to get in early I would skip it. Maybe do Arkershus on the 2nd instead?
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
I think everything looks great. I agree though, if you are only doing H&V to get in early I would skip it. Maybe do Arkershus on the 2nd instead?
This is what I am thinking.

Akershus stresses me out a little, because we did an 8:10 am ressie a few trips ago. The resort monorail was late to get running, the EPCOT monorail from TTC was having mechanical issues. Ugh. We ended up sprinting across Epcot with my kid in a wheelchair, and we were still late, despite trying to catch the monorail the minute it opened in the am. I wonder if an 8:30 am will give us enough buffer?

We will have a car, but really only want to drive when we have to.....
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: