Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1681
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

Yes fall covers early December or it has in the past.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #1682
brizzer79
Earning My Ears

Ok I currently have reservations for campground starting 9/7 and have a dining package added along with the ride passes (sorry I don't know the "official" lingo. If they offer free dining it would be much less expensive if I change to a moderate resort that includes the free dining. I have stayed at CBR before is that the best moderate or is there another that would be better for an active family of 4 with 8 & 9 year old girls? Also can we change our reservations or do we have to cancel and start over?
brizzer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #1683
lilchief27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelarthurs View Post
Oh great... now how am I going to get any work done next week after reading this??
Yep, I am with you on that one. I will be one anxious mommy. Come on Free Dinning!!!

On a side note, when I first attempted to access this site from work I got a blocked message I thought I was screwed. I work in a highly restricted industry & they block websites often.

Whew!

Coming in Oct 2014 Fall Break -1st DCL cruise ~Off-site Oct 2013~Oct 2009 ASMovies:On-site & Free Dining!! ~ off-site Sept/Oct 2007 ~ off-site June 2006 ~ Off-site July 2005 1st time w/kids ~ Disneymoon CBR 1994 ~as a kid..... 82' 83' & 84'
lilchief27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #1684
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
Ok I currently have reservations for campground starting 9/7 and have a dining package added along with the ride passes (sorry I don't know the "official" lingo. If they offer free dining it would be much less expensive if I change to a moderate resort that includes the free dining. I have stayed at CBR before is that the best moderate or is there another that would be better for an active family of 4 with 8 & 9 year old girls? Also can we change our reservations or do we have to cancel and start over?
Free dining is not available at the campsites. If you're in the cabins you can get it, but not at a campsite. So you'd have to change to another resort.

Whether you'd have to cancel or not depends on the type of reservation you have. If you already have a dining plan your reservation is already a package, and they should be able to just change the resort for you.

For information on picking a moderate resort, look at the Resorts board - they have information there about all the resorts. If you've got extra money to spend, for example, young girls might love a Royal room at POR. Whether that type of room would be available with free dining has yet to be seen because they haven't offered free dining yet.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #1685
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Well we are a week out from April 25 and it's looking more and more like the May 16 date could be more accurate. Of course back in 2010 we only had about three days notice so it's still possible. Disney seems to he holding off longer this year for their releases. We will see how it goes next week. All is good either way, I'm just sure though that some folks would rather have the weight off their chest sooner or later.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #1686
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazyMomma View Post
Does "fall" typically cover early December?
No. The late summer/early fall dates that will most likely be released at the end of the month, should include late August through late September. The fall/early winter free dining dates will cover historically low crowd weeks in October - December. The October - December free dining dates are usually released in July, sometimes early August.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #1687
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristibo42 View Post
Yes fall covers early December or it has in the past.
The late summer/early fall free dining dates, that are suspected to be released at the end of the month, will not include December dates. The October - December fall/early winter discounts are typically released in July, sometimes early August.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #1688
MyZoeJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
One of the years, either '07 or '09, It came out on Monday for Dvisa, and Thurs. for GP. I can remember getting up early the day after Easter to call, and having to call three days later for my 4th room.
Please elaborate? I have four rooms booked and they are "linked"... Will I only be able to book free dining for three of them at a time?

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes really CAN change your life!
MyZoeJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1689
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
No, you do not have to cancel anything. When the discounts are released, you simply call Disney reservations and tell them you want to change resorts and add the discount code to your existing reservation. Some resorts and room categories will have limited space and can book up fast, so always have a back up resort and/or room category.

Port Orleans is our favorite moderate resort.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-17-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #1690
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZoeJane View Post

Please elaborate? I have four rooms booked and they are "linked"... Will I only be able to book free dining for three of them at a time?
Usually you are only limited to booking 3 rooms if you are booking under a name-specific pin code discount. You can book any number of rooms under a general public and I thought under a Disney Visa code also. That could have been the case in 07, but I don't think it's the case now. I can't remember anyone during recent FD offers saying they were limited on the number of rooms they could book under the Disney Visa FD code.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #1691
MyZoeJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Usually you are only limited to booking 3 rooms if you are booking under a name-specific pin code discount. You can book any number of rooms under a general public and I thought under a Disney Visa code also. That could have been the case in 07, but I don't think it's the case now. I can't remember anyone during recent FD offers saying they were limited on the number of rooms they could book under the Disney Visa FD code.
Thanks, darlin'! :thumbsup:

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes really CAN change your life!
MyZoeJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #1692
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Well we are a week out from April 25 and it's looking more and more like the May 16 date could be more accurate. Of course back in 2010 we only had about three days notice so it's still possible. Disney seems to he holding off longer this year for their releases. We will see how it goes next week. All is good either way, I'm just sure though that some folks would rather have the weight off their chest sooner or later.
I'm not ready to give up on the April 25 release date yet! :-). But if we don't get some good confirmation by next Tuesday or so, it may be the May 16 date before we see the FD dates.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #1693
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer

I'm so ready for some good news!

2000 - AS Sports; 2009 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 CSR, NEXT TRIP - 2015 CSR CHRISTMAS VACAY
jacksgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #1694
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

I think I am just going to have to log out of the DISapp on my phone...the notifications have been so busy today that I keep thinking 'here it comes!!' Hehehe .... We sure are keeping those pins and needles busy!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #1695
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The late summer/early fall free dining dates, that are suspected to be released at the end of the month, will not include December dates. The October - December fall/early winter discounts are typically released in July, sometimes early August.
I am not going until November, but I still get crazy excited about every discount, because it brings me one discount closer to my discount!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: