Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

DDIL and I split often. We will get say nachos and then split a grilled chicken sandwich. Most places even cut the sandwich in 1/2 and bring it on 2 plates. We don't ask them they just do it if they know we are sharing.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
shoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISzy View Post
I think the only exception is if you are on the dining plan. Not 100% sure, but seems like I read somewhere that you can't split meals at TS if using dining credits. Or you can, but will still be charged dining credit per person. Is that right?
DH and I split an entrée at 50's and were only charged 1 credit for it.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISzy View Post
I think the only exception is if you are on the dining plan. Not 100% sure, but seems like I read somewhere that you can't split meals at TS if using dining credits. Or you can, but will still be charged dining credit per person. Is that right?
Not true. You can split a meal and use just 1 dining credit, as long is it is not a buffet.
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We honestly never considered doing this so I'm glad to hear all your replies. We have split at CS but figured we couldn't split at TS. Our whole family has really changed to lighter, healthier eating so Disney restaurants are too much, but if we split, we can try some that we've been wanting to try!

Thanks!!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
etail
Episodic Veteran

We split and have room for dessert. We also tip high to make up for it to the server.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
ChelMomto5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etail View Post
We split and have room for dessert. We also tip high to make up for it to the server.

On behalf of servers everywhere, thank you for this!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
My family splits meals frequently. We are a family of 5 and my 14 yo and 11 yo have been considered "adults" for a few years now. 4 adult sized entrees and desserts plus 1 child entree and dessert are more often than not too much food for us.

We often split and use 3 adult credits and 1 child credit or just 3 adult credits. I have never gotten a funny look or had any issue. The wait staff will sometimes pause about our drink orders because if we order 5 sodas, there is a charge for one or more of them. I don't care about the extra charge but I guess they want to make sure I know.

There are some restaurants that don't allow splitting. Via Napoli is one of them. We had split there once in the past but knew going in on the last two trips that we wouldn't be allowed to. There may be others as well. Obviously you can't split at buffets or any type of all you can eat place.
When you say you can't split at Via Napoli are you only talking about th dining plan? We are going OOP in August, I have issues with GERD and can't always eat a big meal. Was thinking of splitting a white pizza with one of the kids if they are interested. Will they let us? Thanks.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
When you say you can't split at Via Napoli are you only talking about th dining plan? We are going OOP in August, I have issues with GERD and can't always eat a big meal. Was thinking of splitting a white pizza with one of the kids if they are interested. Will they let us? Thanks.
Yes, they'll do that. They're very picky about DDP, but paying OOP or using TIW doesn't have those restrictions.

Mom and I will likely split. Both of us tend to be snackers and don't care for huge meals. One of the reasons we're look forward to the food kiosks at F&G! We'll be splitting something at Via Napoli on our arrival day
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #24
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

I have Type 2 diabetes. The portions are too large for me. Even though DH is a hearty eater, we split almost all our meals on our last trip and had plenty to eat. We'll do it again when we go back.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #25
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Dh and I split often at WDW restaurants. However, we have definitely run into servers who have been annoyed about it. We leave a larger than normal tip, but we have still sensed the displeasure. Additionally, I find servers are sometimes annoyed if we are not on the dining plan because it means we probably won't be ordering two entrees, two desserts and two drinks.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
sunshinecruise
Mouseketeer

<<<We split and have room for dessert. We also tip high to make up for it to the server.>>>

We always tip high too. My dh and I often split entrees at WDW and elsewhere. On our last visit we went to Jiko and we each had a glass of wine and an appetizer, no entrees. Our server was wonderful.
sunshinecruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #27
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelMomto5

On behalf of servers everywhere, thank you for this!!!
I completely agree! I am also a server as well as a dental asst... 2 jobs! But i have to say that being a server is by far the hardest... So thank you and hello to my fellow server!

Me DH DS DD
wishinuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #28
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

The servings sizes are huge for us. We often split an app or entree and we have never run into any rude servers. We have the TiW card but will tip extra if we have ordered a smaller meal.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: