Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #106
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
Lol Ya i noticed.
Lol I just don't understand how I'm the one playing tit for tat.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #107
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevschickee View Post
Dont worry. Some ppl just like to stir things up. They get excited when they see an opportunity to start a fight with someone i guess.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #108
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Dont worry. Some ppl just like to stir things up. They get excited when they see an opportunity to start a fight with someone i guess.
So true!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #109
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are right on!!

Danica 5 DH 32

Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #110
winterman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
I personally think the DDP was a pretty good deal when it was first offered, then things were taken away and prices were raised.
I agree. In Sept. 2005 DH and I stayed at POP for the first Free Dining offering. We loved it! As I recall, the DDP at that time included appetizer, tax and tip and it was the regular DDP that was free in the value resorts. We thought it was such a good deal that we were going to pay for it on our next trip. Then came 2006 and they lost the appetizer. (and the tip?) Suddenly, it was not such a great deal. We went got free dining 4 more times but never paid for the DDP. We even enjoyed the QSDP during our last stay at POP.

During our several non-free dining stays we did eat at TS restaurants almost daily. In the last few years, I found that my eating style didn't really work with the DDP - I usually preferred an appetizer and soup or salad rather than an entrée.

I haven't seriously looked into it, but it has seemed that Deluxe DDP has been a good deal if you want to eat 3 TS meals a day but how many people can or want to eat that much?

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 POFQ (with DD, DSIL, DGS)

Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #111
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
You are right on!!
Thanks. LOL!

Everyone has a different opionion about the DP. Many think its trash and a waste of money. I personally love it. I spend A FORTUNE paying OOP. It just doesnt work for me. Period. If you (general you) like paying OOP, good for you. But nothing you say will convince me that the DP is trash. Cause i personally love it!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #112
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterman View Post
I haven't seriously looked into it, but it has seemed that Deluxe DDP has been a good deal if you want to eat 3 TS meals a day but how many people can or want to eat that much?

I think the best way to use the Delux DP is to book either a bfast or lunch, then a signature dinner each night. I wouldnt do it any other way. 3 TS in one day is awful, i really cant imagine.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #113
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are right on!!
J Swift, you are right on!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #114
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post

The DP is great for us because we like one TS per day, no more. We dont like appetizers at all. But we love dessert. Without the DP, i've spend a fortune on dining. I've tried both, and the DP definitely works best for us. Thats not hard to believe is it?
Yes, I think this is the issue. There are plenty of under informed people who use the dining plan because it sounds like a fairy tale, but we're writing our experiences with the dining plan amongst a group of people who do a great deal of research and have a great deal of experience with Disney. It doesn't seem like such a stretch that many of the people on these boards are some of those fortunate people who have learned to make the dining plan work for their family, and they enjoy it. When you're posting about something that you personally experienced and enjoy, I can see the frustration in someone else basically telling you, "no, you didn't actually enjoy that, no, that doesn't actually work for your family, you should try this my way", because obviously there are many variables that go into making and paying and eating these plans. When someone feels that they enjoy the dining plan, most of what I read is "we loved it, but you should check the numbers and see how it works out for you" most of what I see from those who are opposed to the dining plan is "hey, check my spreadsheet, the dining plan will work for no one, and even if it does, you still could've done it better my way"..... If you like it, say so, if you don't, say so, but there's no need to tell anyone else why "they" shouldn't be enjoying DDP when they've already stated that they do, just leave it be. Tell the OP the reasons you personally don't enjoy the plan, for your personal situation, because there's no real way for you to determine anyone else's.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #115
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein

J Swift, you are right on!!!!
Classy

Danica 5 DH 32

Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #116
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
I've asked you to clarify your position. You seem to have interpreted that as an insult. Your examples (if I can call them that) of "convenience" and "savings" are illogical. You haven't been able to explain any of it, yet you continue to parrot how great the DDP is. You know you're wrong, but can't admit it. It's cognitive dissonance at its finest. What's really silly about all this arguing is that it involves simple math. It's relatively easy to tell whether or not the DDP makes sense or not, and for the majority of cases, it doesn't. You don't have to take my or anyone else's word for it. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are the only tools you need. (Of course, a spreadsheet helps.)

As far as who's being unreasonable, I'll let the comments speak for themselves.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #117
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You know, these threads almost always end up in a tussle between the pro-dining-plan and anti-dining-plan factions. It's going to be closed now because that's basically all it is at the moment and isn't about imparting helpful information anymore.

As for the dining plan...do the math regarding what you'd pay for dining otherwise. See if it works for your family. If you just want it because you feel it would be convenient, and not so much to save money, factor that in too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: