Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #271
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Just got word we've surpassed our room block minimum! And there are at least two families I know of that haven't book yet!

Yay!
Yay for surpassing your room block minimum! That's awesome news!

Can't wait to see pics of your headpiece/veil! I love the second hairstyle, very striking....I think I may have pinned that one on Pinterest. My favorite of the makeup is the second one as well....fairly subtle, and I think both are a really good modern interpretation of a beautiful 40s look. The makeup will greatly depend on whether you are wanting the focus to be your eyes or your lips. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these. I love 40s hair and makeup.

Love the first one for the bridesmaids. Again, a beautiful interpretation of a 40s hairstyle. I know I pinned the second bridesmaid hair inspiration. It seems a little too modern against the others, but it's still lovely.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #272
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

I read your entire PJ in the past two days! I love your wedding style and I've really enjoyed your writing about it.

I have to say, your invitation books are amazing and the fact that you both designed them yourselves is incredible.

Also, I think my jaw actually dropped when I saw that headpiece. I am so glad you splurged on that. I can't wait to see what it looks like on you. And with the dress!

It's nice that you sprung for the Lily of the Valley too, it's one of my favorites

Looking forward to the next update!

P.S. I was at WDW the week before you in March and the weather was amazing, wasn't it?! It was even colder the week before. We were so lucky!
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #273
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

I agree with Charliegirl... the 2nd hair pic is striking! Congrats on the room block!!!
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #274
ncp17
disney bride to be

Love the second up-do, it would be so romantic. And I LOVEEEEEE the film Sabrina! ah, just gives me chills. Would definitely be fun to channel such an iconic style for the big day speaking of which, congrats on getting below the triple digits! How exciting!!!! So you are hoping to go with Beaute for the wedding? I hope they get back to you sometime soon!
Silly question because I'm not that far yet- does your WP email you the details of your guests' reservations so you can keep track and check on the room block? I feel like I would compulsively check it every half hour until I make it over the magic number!
ncp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #275
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Yay for surpassing your room block minimum! That's awesome news!

Can't wait to see pics of your headpiece/veil! I love the second hairstyle, very striking....I think I may have pinned that one on Pinterest. My favorite of the makeup is the second one as well....fairly subtle, and I think both are a really good modern interpretation of a beautiful 40s look. The makeup will greatly depend on whether you are wanting the focus to be your eyes or your lips. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these. I love 40s hair and makeup.

Love the first one for the bridesmaids. Again, a beautiful interpretation of a 40s hairstyle. I know I pinned the second bridesmaid hair inspiration. It seems a little too modern against the others, but it's still lovely.
I love the second one too, I've been getting a lot of a positive responses on that one from pretty much everyone I've shown! I'm so glad to know that the whole '40s inspiration is showing through too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel*Pie View Post
I read your entire PJ in the past two days! I love your wedding style and I've really enjoyed your writing about it.

I have to say, your invitation books are amazing and the fact that you both designed them yourselves is incredible.

Also, I think my jaw actually dropped when I saw that headpiece. I am so glad you splurged on that. I can't wait to see what it looks like on you. And with the dress!

It's nice that you sprung for the Lily of the Valley too, it's one of my favorites

Looking forward to the next update!

P.S. I was at WDW the week before you in March and the weather was amazing, wasn't it?! It was even colder the week before. We were so lucky!
Thank you so much for your compliements! (And major applause for making it through the whole PJ! It's quite the novel!)

The weather was so lovely! I had heard it was so cold too just prior to the visit so it was very nice to have such luck! Glad to hear it was beautiful for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyAmb View Post
I agree with Charliegirl... the 2nd hair pic is striking! Congrats on the room block!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp17 View Post
Love the second up-do, it would be so romantic. And I LOVEEEEEE the film Sabrina! ah, just gives me chills. Would definitely be fun to channel such an iconic style for the big day speaking of which, congrats on getting below the triple digits! How exciting!!!! So you are hoping to go with Beaute for the wedding? I hope they get back to you sometime soon!
Silly question because I'm not that far yet- does your WP email you the details of your guests' reservations so you can keep track and check on the room block? I feel like I would compulsively check it every half hour until I make it over the magic number!
Yay for another Sabrina film fan! (It's another reason why we've chosen "Isn't it Romantic" for our first dance. )

Yep, we're going with Beaute. I've actually booked them for the wedding day, but I didn't yet have the info from Disney about when the photographers would be arriving or when the limo would be picking us up. So my email was more of an informational update and request for when we should start the day.

Not a silly question about the reservations at all! Once everything is all set you will be assigned a "room block coordinator" who will send you a very detailed report of everyone who's booked (it includes names, hotels and res numbers). They send the report at 6 months, 4 months, 2 months, 1 month and 2 weeks. Although, just the other day we asked for an update in between reports to see if we needed to lower our blocked rooms and he sent over the full report with the good news that we'd already made it!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #276
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I caught on your PJ after falling waaay behind and I just lovelovelove your taste! All of your hair and make up inspiration is spot on for your theme, youre doing such a great job.

I am wanting garden roses too but not just for bouqets, but for centerpieces too and pretty much everything so hopefully a box will work fine. I'm glad you wanted them too and thanks for sharing the info!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #277
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
I caught on your PJ after falling waaay behind and I just lovelovelove your taste! All of your hair and make up inspiration is spot on for your theme, youre doing such a great job.

I am wanting garden roses too but not just for bouqets, but for centerpieces too and pretty much everything so hopefully a box will work fine. I'm glad you wanted them too and thanks for sharing the info!
Thank you so much!

I'm happy the garden rose info could help! I think if I had needed the garden roses for more than just my bouquet, and used the box for centerpieces or arrangements, the price of the box could have made more sense for us. Hopefully it will work for you, because they are such a beautiful flower!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #278
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Sorry a little late, but I also love the second option. Your tux shopping experience was interesting. But, Yay for Sabrina! Huge Audrey Hepburn fan here...whenever I'm home sick I always watch Sabrina or Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I love the retro vibe of your wedding. It's shaping up to have such a classic, old Hollywood style. I'm so excited to see how it turns out
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #279
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Sorry a little late, but I also love the second option. Your tux shopping experience was interesting. But, Yay for Sabrina! Huge Audrey Hepburn fan here...whenever I'm home sick I always watch Sabrina or Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I love the retro vibe of your wedding. It's shaping up to have such a classic, old Hollywood style. I'm so excited to see how it turns out
Yay, more Sabrina fans! I adore Audrey Hepburn too! I've met so many people who have never even heard of Sabrina, it great to have so many who know and love it here!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #280
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Miscellaneous Attire

Rehearsal Wear:

I picked up a couple dresses from Old Navy to use at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. They pretty simple cotton dresses which I think fits my requirements: white and comfortable enough to wear at Magic Kingdom and on rides. One is very white and one is off-white. I think I'll probably wear the off-white one on Rehearsal day and the white one the next day for the meet & greet/welcome party. (I will get back to this later!)

Off-White:

White:

Headpiece:

Finally got a couple new photos of the headpiece! It came wrapped up very well in a cute box, with a card addressed to me with a photo of a vintage couple on their wedding day! So cute!

And here it is! I still need to get some tulle for the veil.

And to end, I found a couple more ideas for the bridesmaids.

Make-up: (Feels like a nice vintage look, which is reminds me of a more subtle version of the look I want for myself)

And Hair: (But with less loose tendrils)

What do you guys think, does seem like it could fit with the overall look?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #281
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

I. Love. It! You look seriously adorable with that headpiece, and combined it'll look like...AMAZING.

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #282
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

That headpiece is stunning on you! I've never seen anything like it. It's so pretty.

I LOVE the Old Navy dresses. So cute and fun with a nod to vintage in the eyelet and lace. You'll probably feel subtly bride-y in them too
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #283
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Rehearsal Wear:

I picked up a couple dresses from Old Navy to use at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. They pretty simple cotton dresses which I think fits my requirements: white and comfortable enough to wear at Magic Kingdom and on rides. One is very white and one is off-white. I think I'll probably wear the off-white one on Rehearsal day and the white one the next day for the meet & greet/welcome party. (I will get back to this later!)

Off-White:

White:

Headpiece:

Finally got a couple new photos of the headpiece! It came wrapped up very well in a cute box, with a card addressed to me with a photo of a vintage couple on their wedding day! So cute!

And here it is! I still need to get some tulle for the veil.

And to end, I found a couple more ideas for the bridesmaids.

Make-up: (Feels like a nice vintage look, which is reminds me of a more subtle version of the look I want for myself)

And Hair: (But with less loose tendrils)

What do you guys think, does seem like it could fit with the overall look?
LOVE the headpiece!! Very chic! Dresses are adorable!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #284
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Love the dresses! The headpiece is beautiful and looks fabulous on!

I like the subtleness of the makeup you've picked out for the bridesmaids...and yes, I feel like it's a softer version of yours (well, the second makeup picture you posted, I'm not sure if that's the one you decided to go with).

I do still like the first hairstyle you posted for bridesmaids, but I can't deny that I like the softness of this one and I feel like a softer look is more along the lines of what you're going for in the theming. It just doesn't hit me as a 1940s hairstyle....though that doesn't necessarily mean it can't be.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #285
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Those are cute dresses and your headpiece is AMAZING!!! It is so unique and fits your theme. I love the makeup for the girls. I do also like the second hairstyle, I think with all of your elements it could convey the 40s style. I think on it's own, it doesn't strike me as too 40s. I can't wait to see how it comes together, your day is coming up so fast.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: