Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #1651
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post

@Cynthia I agree about the chance to getting through the full TSM queue, especially if the wait is only 40 minutes. So many things to take pictures of!! Was it you or Poolrat that has the aversion to the yellow-green crayon? I can't remember...
Not me I do think it's Pat. That's pretty funny, aren't there 2 of those crayons in there? I remember her posting about it.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #1652
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Cynthia decided she was going to ride RnR, but I decided to do the Drawing class. After dinner I just felt overly full and bloated, so I elected to take the least adventurous route.

Before

The final product

Seriously? Is Agent P really a character? I guess, but not one I wanted to draw. Oh well.

Continued In Next Post......
OMG, you were SO not happy that it was Agent P! I'd totally forgotten about that

Yep, Grouper. At least that's what the receipt says

You got some lovely nighttime shots!
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #1653
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, Mary Ellen - what an adventure! I'm sorry that you and Denny had to have part of your vacation in the hospital, but so glad that it turned out okay. Denny is lucky you are in the cardiac business! Thanks for sharing the story so we can all be aware! I'm happy that you extended your trip to make up for it too!

Back to WDW - cool nighttime shots - I like your favorite best too!
Agent P - you did a good job, but surprising that he was the choice. They are really pushing the Phineas and Ferb stuff everywhere now.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #1654
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow, Mary Ellen. I'm so glad that Denny was able to get a stress test and then angio, and is now okay. His symptoms sounded like those of a former boss of mine who passed away suddenly last summer. He never made it to the stress test.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #1655
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Slowly catching up so I can enjoy the photos. Your Animal Kingdom morning looks great. how nice to just go in, do what you want and head out.

MEK GREAT EE photos! I felt a little dizzy on the backwards part how can you snap all those photos on a coaster?

Cynthia - so did they replace the necklace? I saw you bought one similar, so I am guessing no, but have to ask!

Your photo pass picture by EE came out very nice despite sunglare.

be back soon!!
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #1656
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Was it you or Poolrat that has the aversion to the yellow-green crayon? I can't remember...

Not so much an aversion but a detail over looked. There are 2 yellow- green crayons in the queue one in the stand by and one in the FP line and they are NOT the same color. I guess it just bothers me.

Quote:
The gang all had to use the restroom and it was my turn to drive, so why the heck not hang out with Pedro. But Pedro is certainly no Bo.

We got home around 11pm, which wasn't bad. It was after 12:30 when we left Charleston. Sometimes its just better to get home really late, then you don't have time for the "I'm home" blues.
Hahahahaha - the signage is awesome. I think its all been changed since the last time I was there. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to eat with Pedro. So sad!

I guessed it right then. Rest room stop and even though unlikely, you had to be driving for it to happen, and home by around 11.

Quote:

When she came back and said "you can go". I said "I am not comfortable with that. My husband's father dropped dead at 46 from a heart attack. He has risk factors for cardiovascular disease including family history, hyperlipidemia, and age. I know him very well and he works out vigorously. He doesn't ride a beach bike. He rides a racing bike. He is having this pain with very mild exercise. He is experiencing classic angina and needs a stress test".

She says, "I'm not so sure the cardiologist will agree with you, but "fine", I'll call her".
As someone who has had 2 very good friends survive the widow maker ( one with 5 stents) and both as well as myself are CPR instructor trainers, it is easy to dismiss some signs.
Thankfully you knew and Denny knew not to. That is certatinly a different way to spend the vacation but so glad everything worked out as well as it did.
So glad they were receptive to a cardiac nurse.... I also hope the ED doc realizes she needs to dig a bit more.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #1657
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Very Nice Pictures of DHS all lit up.

Your dinner looks amazing.

Agent P really?

Nice to cap off a great evening with a late night TSM.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #1659
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my! Nearly complete occlusion! How extremely lucky for Denny that you knew to insist on the stress test which resulted in the cath which resulted in the PTCA. Thank goodness for your intuition! Glad to hear that it turned out well.

Back to your TR.. great job for your Agent P drawing.. totally looks like him. As for the kids with the balloon hats.. hmmmm... yeah, that would be pretty annoying.

Sounds like you opted for the "green experience" post dinner while Cynthia was up for the "orange, more intense experience" after HBD.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #1660
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am sharing this with you with Denny's permission because I think it helps educate about the warning signs of cardiovascular disease and underscores the importance of family history. Denny, by the way, is 59. His dad died at 46.

Oh my goodness!!! That is such a scary ordeal to go through!!! And... I personally do appreciate your story...even if I don't really want to hear it.

See... I grew up with my father having one or more heart attacks a year. He was one of 13 kids... all of whom had issues with their hearts in some way. My dad... he died at age 45.

At 30 I was diagnosed with PVC and PACs... nothing major, but experiencing arrhythmia's can be troubling none the less...and I stood up to take note. As you probably realize... I do run. I keep myself at a somewhat normal weight... and I like to think I am keeping myself away from that dangerous set of genes that I am all but certain I have. Now you go an make me think... maybe not? But... I am female. That makes a difference, right.

So will Denny be able to resume normal activities then? Will this be a problem long term for him? It is so good that he had you there with him.

I am so glad things worked out and you were able to enjoy a couple days after all this stress.

annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #1661
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, I am very impressed with your last morning. In one hour you were sure able to get around MK!

Mary Ellen, I love your Agent P. We love Agent P here... so Yes. yes, he is a real character.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #1662
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Mary Ellen - how awful for you guys. So pleased to hear he is doing okay. Thank goodness you kept pushing.

Take care

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #1663
MeMom
DIS Veteran

So glad everything turned out okay. You definitely deserved some 'make up' vacation days after that!

Yes, that ToT picture is awesome! Hollywood Studios is a cool night park with all the neon lights.

Pretty pictures looking across the lake from Boardwalk to Beach & Yacht Club, too.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #1664
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Health issues are stressful anytime but when they happen on vacation it is unnerving. I am so glad Denny is ok!

Love your Agent P even if he isn't a "classic" character
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #1665
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow, Mary Ellen- so sorry to hear about Denny. I can't imagine how stressful and scary it was for both of you to go through, especially being far from the comforts of home. Good for you (and thank God) you advocated for him and insisted that he have the stress test. Sending positive vibes for continued recovery!!!

Thanks for sharing the story with us. I don't think you can reinforce enough that it is better to be overly cautious than to dismiss symptoms like that, especially if you have a nagging feeling things aren't quite right.

Back to Disney- what an amazing last day you both had!!!

Cynthia- the pictures in France are really, really beautiful. I always stop for solo photopass shots when I am alone- same reasons- the number of pictures of me on vacation, with or without family, are very slim. Plus the rest of the family always roll their eyes when I insist on photos, so this is another way to get my money's worth.

Gorgeous pictures, both from your walk to BW ( the one of the Yacht Club through the trees) and to HS. Both sets of pictures of ToT at sunset are breathtaking. Love them!

Hmmm- the last two reviews I have read of meals at HBD have not been encouraging- mostly issues with servers (I am referring to emmysmommy's review). The food looked really good, though! Mmmmm- the grouper sounds incredible!

Great night shots at the Studios. What a gorgeous place at night.

Cynthia- you had a fantastic morning at MK. I love how much you were able to accomplish in that first hour or so, before the swarms of people show up. I absolutely adore the picture on BTM with the castle and steamboat in the picture.

Nice meet-up!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: