Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
mrspxyz
Earning My Ears

? First Aid or adult changing stations at Downtown Disney

Can someone give me advice on where I can bathroom change my 19 y.o. non weight bearing incontinent son in Downtown Disney? We were there in August and were really rushed due to time limitations and ended up changing him on the floor in someone's office. I felt that there had to be a better solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
mrspxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspxyz View Post
Can someone give me advice on where I can bathroom change my 19 y.o. non weight bearing incontinent son in Downtown Disney? We were there in August and were really rushed due to time limitations and ended up changing him on the floor in someone's office. I felt that there had to be a better solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
There is a companion restroom in the Toy Store (Once Upon a Toy) directly across from the regular restrooms. There is also a companion restroom behind Wetzel's Pretzels (water side) at the Westside.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

The companion restrooms do not have any place where you could lay him down other than the floor though. It would be private, at least.
There is not a First Aid station at Downtown Disney.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
mrspxyz
Earning My Ears

Thank you. At least it is somewhere private. Isn't it sad that I have to change him on the floor. Any one know who I can address this with?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
miraclejen
Earning My Ears

I would love to know as well. We head there in 2 weeks. On our last visit we had to lay my dd who was only 8 on the baby change table and my Dh had to hold it up while I changed her. She is too big for that now so I don't know where to change her. It is sad
miraclejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
The companion restrooms do not have any place where you could lay him down other than the floor though. It would be private, at least.
There is not a First Aid station at Downtown Disney.
My apologies, I thought the op was asking for a bathroom to change their older son.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclejen View Post
I would love to know as well. We head there in 2 weeks. On our last visit we had to lay my dd who was only 8 on the baby change table and my Dh had to hold it up while I changed her. She is too big for that now so I don't know where to change her. It is sad
At the parks, you can use First Aid.

Each Theme Park and Water Park has a First Aid station with private rooms with cots that you can use for changing. This picture shows First Aid at the Studio.

You enter First Aid and let them know you need a room to do a change. You do need to sign in with your name and the reason for your visit (they need to keep track of the number of guests who visit First Aid). The staff are very nice and the area is cool and quiet.

The places that do not have First Aid are the resorts and Downtown Disney.
The resorts, as a rule, do not have any Companion Restrooms. Downtown Disney has several, as mentioned by livndisney.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Here is a link to the email page for WDW:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

For those who want to send a letter or phone call:
Disney Complaints and Comments:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Disney Guest Relations - 407-824-4321

Put something in the Subject line about disabilities so it gets routed to the correct people to answer your question.
Be as specific as you can in what the problem was, what you need, what was changed, what is helpful, what is not helpful.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
mrspxyz
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much

miraclejen~ I totally understand. Wait until your daughter is 19 like my son. Not fun!!

SueM in MN~ thank you for posting the information on the first aid stations in the park. When we visited in August 2012 we used each and every one of them everyday. It was great to be able to change him on a bed and in a private setting. The nurses were really kind and helpful to getting us what we needed. Also Thank you for the information to make Disney aware.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: