DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #1981
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
How long does it take to get the email from the closing company? I just received word yesterday that Disney waived ROFR. TSS said we should hear from closing company within 10 days. Just wondered if it is usually earlier than that or not??
Worked with TSS and took 2 weeks to get closing documents and that was after I emailed both closing company and broker! Closing company said they were done but she was waiting on broker to give final review and okay to send them out. Broker said he just got them and it would be 2 -3 more days. I told him 2 weeks was really long and not acceptable - I had them the next morning!
I got the feeling they had been done for a while and just sitting on the brokers desk and or in his email.

Good luck

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #1982
disneysled
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid3 View Post

sorry to hear that. what day did your contract go to Disney? doesn't bode well for me - our VB contract was submitted on 4/4 @ $34 / point with 210 banked 2012 points and all 2013 points (Aug UY)
Sent to Disney on 3/26 - so one day short of 3 weeks
I hope you get through - sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to what gets taken and what gets through so dont lose hope - good luck!!
disneysled is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1983
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

You're probably better off without the banked points and it may even be lucky that there are current points missing. Disney can't turn around and sell that full contract until next year. And even if they turn it into smaller contracts, they'd be responsible for MFs on those dozen points until they can pair it with pther points come 2014.
I was thinking same thing but you never know with Disney. The one that got ROFRed was more valuable than mine considering the banked points.
kenspidey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #1984
fortheloveofminnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
How long does it take to get the email from the closing company? I just received word yesterday that Disney waived ROFR. TSS said we should hear from closing company within 10 days. Just wondered if it is usually earlier than that or not??
It took exactly 10 days to get my docs emailed from the closing company after I passed ROFR. Passed ROFR on a Tuesday and I didn't get closing docs until the following Friday. I was a little.....impatient, to say the least. The worst thing is that the forms, except for the directions/cover letter, were all dated the week before.

But all went well and I'm now impatiently waiting for my member # so I can book my Jan 2014 trip!
fortheloveofminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #1985
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

Wow! I feel so lucky after reading everyone's timeline. I just received my closing documents and we passed ROFR only yesterday. I hope everything else goes quickly.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1986
chitwnnole
Earning My Ears

I found out yesterday we passed ROFR. 25 points for SSR We paid a lot for it $81 a point. February use year 20 points available and 25 coming in 2014. Submitted for ROFR 3/21 found out 4/15

I am excited to get our foot in the door and am ready to start battling addonittis. Will update when the closing and account info has been finalized
chitwnnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #1987
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
Wow! I feel so lucky after reading everyone's timeline. I just received my closing documents and we passed ROFR only yesterday. I hope everything else goes quickly.
Shontell has always provided first class service. I have been really impressed in all my dealings with her.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #1988
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
1st vacation is in August split stay old Key West and Beach club! So excited!!
Sounds great! We never stayed at old key west before but stayed at BCV and loved it!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1989
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveofminnie View Post
It took exactly 10 days to get my docs emailed from the closing company after I passed ROFR. Passed ROFR on a Tuesday and I didn't get closing docs until the following Friday. I was a little.....impatient, to say the least. The worst thing is that the forms, except for the directions/cover letter, were all dated the week before.

But all went well and I'm now impatiently waiting for my member # so I can book my Jan 2014 trip!
Glad things are moving along for you. I am hoping to book out first trip with new contract for march 2014
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #1990
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
That is fast!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #1991
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Worked with TSS and took 2 weeks to get closing documents and that was after I emailed both closing company and broker! Closing company said they were done but she was waiting on broker to give final review and okay to send them out. Broker said he just got them and it would be 2 -3 more days. I told him 2 weeks was really long and not acceptable - I had them the next morning!
I got the feeling they had been done for a while and just sitting on the brokers desk and or in his email.

Good luck
Sorry yours took so long! Hopefully ours does not....
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #1992
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
Which broker did you use? I have a 160 SSR contract I just agreed to yesterday at $59 per point. All 12 13 and 14 points. June UY
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieAidey View Post
That's GREAT! Looks like you went for it! What changed your mind if you don't mind sharing? Either way, I am sure you and your family will be happy campers
I agree!!! Please share!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #1993
arachnib
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

who was your agent?

arachnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #1994
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry yours took so long! Hopefully ours does not....
Thank you but in this case I am the seller so other then waiting for the check its okay, now if I was waiting on points well......

Still waiting for our 2nd contract (buyer) to go ROFR this has been a very long process!

Good luck and congratulations!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #1995
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Thank you but in this case I am the seller so other then waiting for the check its okay, now if I was waiting on points well......

Still waiting for our 2nd contract (buyer) to go ROFR this has been a very long process!

Good luck and congratulations!
I think I remember reading that now that you told me, still congrats on selling!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: