Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #31
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
To my taste buds the one on the ship tasted like stale donuts. Like the ones they sell at my grocery store YUCK
I was told that it's Krispy Kreme, and it tastes like that because they have been in fact, frozen. Not sure if that is true.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #32
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post

I was told that it's Krispy Kreme, and it tastes like that because they have been in fact, frozen. Not sure if that is true.
I live in the heart of Krispy Kreme country. They should NOT taste like that
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #33
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you expand on this please? What type of items did they have? My DD has a dairy/egg/nut allergy and we always have trouble finding things for her to eat outside of the dining room.
For the breakfast menu they have sweet rolls (donuts,bagels), cereal, milk, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. You can also order off the regular room service menu and many people order BLT or PBJ.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #34
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1153rsmith View Post

I believe they are Krispy Kreme as long as the home port has a Krispy Kreme location there. I think I read somewhere that due to logistics they use other vendors if the home port doesn't have one.

I will be on the Wonder next week out of Miami, so I will check them out on the Wonder.
It is definitely KK in Miami- my daughter had 1 every day for 9 days and when we disembarked we saw the pallet of KK boxes waiting to be loaded on!
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #35
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Can you expand on this please? What type of items did they have? My DD has a dairy/egg/nut allergy and we always have trouble finding things for her to eat outside of the dining room.
I called up and asked for dairy/allergy free cookies. They said it couldn't be done. I waited ten and called back (different castmember). They said sure they could do allergy free dessert items (they couldn't promise me any specific item, but could promise it would be entirely dairy free) but for scheduled delivery the following day.
We ended up with a graham style shortbread cookie with coconut based whip and strawberries with a glaze. Kinda shortcake, kinda cookie. They gave us enough for all four of us.
Also our head server was willing to let us preorder/request dining delivered to our room if we wanted to skip the main dining.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #36
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I called up and asked for dairy/allergy free cookies. They said it couldn't be done. I waited ten and called back (different castmember). They said sure they could do allergy free dessert items (they couldn't promise me any specific item, but could promise it would be entirely dairy free) but for scheduled delivery the following day.
We ended up with a graham style shortbread cookie with coconut based whip and strawberries with a glaze. Kinda shortcake, kinda cookie. They gave us enough for all four of us.
Also our head server was willing to let us preorder/request dining delivered to our room if we wanted to skip the main dining.
Thanks for this. I'll try and see if they'll make this for DD. We'll be on the Magic very soon I had no idea that they had coconut based whipped cream...that sounds like a great dairy alternative.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #37
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post

Did you call ahead of your cruise or just request once on the ship?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
For the breakfast menu they have sweet rolls (donuts,bagels), cereal, milk, juice, fruit, coffee, tea, etc. You can also order off the regular room service menu and many people order BLT or PBJ.

Nancy
Um, donuts have egg, BLT (w/mayo) has egg, sweet rolls usually have some type of casein in it, and obviously PBJ has peanuts so that won't work for us. Maybe you were responding to someone else

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: