Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #2626
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Bussing is going to be a huge issue with all these DVC being added. It's already an issue sharing between the three monorail resorts, once DVC at GF opens there's going to be even more people trying to squeeze on an already packed bus, and now add in Poly DVC guests and it's a huge mess. They're going to need to step up monorail service as well. I don't know if they really thought this through. They're trying to cut transportation services, but people paying top dollar at the three premium resorts are going to expect top notch for their money.
This is my primary concern. As I said in the Poly bungalows thread, I hope they use some of the profits from GFV to upgrade their transportation infrastructure, especially the monorail. This many additional people seems like a premium-priced potential nightmare to me.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #2627
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post

Based on this preliminary information, how worried should we be about staying at the Poly this January? Would construction likely be visible by that point or will they likely still just be surveying/not making noise?

Wanted to stay at the Poly this time around since it will have been almost ten years, but maybe we should go back to the GF...
Tikiman said that Disney has on paper the end of this year and I know that they have already cleared some land in that area. But he also mentioned how Disney is always delayed starting a project so I think January would still be unaffected but I guess time will tell.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #2628
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpitarresi View Post
WooHoo!!! I just paid off our 1st ever Disney vacation. 50 more days and we will be chillin at the Poly. I hope it is as magical as I remembered it when I was a little girl
Congrats on being paid in full . Have a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinuponastar View Post
My family and i will be there may 28 to june 3. This will be our 6th trip to the poly ... Congrats on your trip and enjoy!
Have a great trip going back to the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom View Post
Holy Cow! I just upgraded our sisters' October trip to the Poly - I. CAN'T. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
We will be spending 1 very special night at the Poly the weekend of May 25th. It is my treat to myself to celebrate a very big birthday. We will not have park days while we are there and our flight home isn't until after 8 pm so we plan on spending 2 FULL days utilizing this resort for all it's wonderful things since it's costing over $500 for 4 of us to squeeze into 1 Standard room haha

My question is, can I fax in a room request before our arrival? If so, how do I go about doing this? And what should I request? I haven't stayed at the Poly since a family vacation in 1985 or 1986. We booked a Standard Room and there will be 4 of us staying in it... 3 adults and 1 child. I know I'd like a refurbished room and a balcony. Do certain buildings have rooms that are bigger than others?

Thanks in advance for your advice/guidance!
Have a great time celebrating your birthday at the Poly .

As far as faxing in requests, I don't know if this is true for the Poly, but some resorts don't accept faxes anymore and just throw them away when they come in. I would call and have the request(s) added to your reservation. We stayed in Samoa and loved the location as it's just steps from the GCH, the volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #2629
kpitarresi
Earning My Ears

Travel Time?

Can anyone please tell me how long it would take to get from the Poly to AK and how long it would take to get to get from the Poly to HS if traveling by our own car? I'm reading reviews about how horrible Disney bus transportation is and since we have never been I'm thinking of holding on to our rental throughout our trip. Any advice on this??? TIA

DH Me DS (6) DS (2)
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #2630
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Quote:
Can anyone please tell me how long it would take to get from the Poly to AK and how long it would take to get to get from the Poly to HS if traveling by our own car? I'm reading reviews about how horrible Disney bus transportation is and since we have never been I'm thinking of holding on to our rental throughout our trip. Any advice on this??? TIA
If I remember correctly, when we stayed at AKL and took the bus from AKL to MK it took about 25 min w/o any stops, so I would say maybe 15-20 min by car? I don't know about HS but if I had to guess I would say about 10 min. Someone else here will know for sure I'm sure.
I don't think WDW buses are that bad, I just don't always have patience waiting at the parks for one back to our resort after a long day. I have already decided on our AKL day and HS days we will be using the cab services. At least to the parks. I'd rather not have to drive at all while at WDW. We always set aside cab fare for certain parks and certain ADR's. Works for us and is still cheaper than a car rental. At least at the POLY we have monorail to the 2 parks we visit most and a boat ride to HDDR.

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #2631
gjl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think it's just human nature to review or comment something when you have a bad experience- not a good one! I've never had issues with the transportation. I like not having to drive and deal with parking! Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #2632
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
Tikiman said that Disney has on paper the end of this year and I know that they have already cleared some land in that area. But he also mentioned how Disney is always delayed starting a project so I think January would still be unaffected but I guess time will tell.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game! Not a game that I am particularly good at...
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2633
HappyMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I'm so glad we decided to try Poly this year and not wait until the future. But now I'm worried that I'm going to love it, and then it will change

I do hope that all the DVC construction goes smoothly...............if and when it's gets started.
I feel just like you do.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #2634
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

We are coming to the Poly in Oct. Does anyone know if the pool will be under a rehab or will we be in the clear?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #2635
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Have a great time celebrating your birthday at the Poly .

As far as faxing in requests, I don't know if this is true for the Poly, but some resorts don't accept faxes anymore and just throw them away when they come in. I would call and have the request(s) added to your reservation. We stayed in Samoa and loved the location as it's just steps from the GCH, the volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks .[/QUOTE]

Is Samoa one of the recently updated buildings??

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #2636
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We drive everywhere the monorail can't take us. I really can't remember any place taking longer than 10 or so minutes. Maybe a few minutes longer to AK but not much. I guess I'm always so happy and excited and enjoying the sights that the drives go by so quickly!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #2637
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We usually drive to all parks since we usually stay offsite (first time at poly for us!) driving is so easy and parking is so simple. I would much rather drive than wait for a bus any day. It is also much quicker to get from place to place. The only consideration I would say is that parking is expensive - $16 a day on our last trip. You can park hop with your parking ticket but it does add to the cost of your trip.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #2638
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post

We usually drive to all parks since we usually stay offsite (first time at poly for us!) driving is so easy and parking is so simple. I would much rather drive than wait for a bus any day. It is also much quicker to get from place to place. The only consideration I would say is that parking is expensive - $16 a day on our last trip. You can park hop with your parking ticket but it does add to the cost of your trip.
If you are staying on site parking is free. We drive if we have a car and I dont think anything is more then 15 minutes away. The busses arent bad though getting to those parks. We will drive if I had a car but prob wouldnt rent one to go to those two parks.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #2639
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
If you are staying on site parking is free. We drive if we have a car and I dont think anything is more then 15 minutes away. The busses arent bad though getting to those parks. We will drive if I had a car but prob wouldnt rent one to go to those two parks.
I didnt know that! Thats good as we have a car for one of our days and were not going to drive to avoid the cost of parking. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #2640
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

5 months from today we will be checking in at the POLY!!!

Thanks for all the recent info about driving to the parks. Since we are driving to WDW we're planning on driving to Typhoon Lagoon now the day we check in. We have the Spirit of Aloha luau scheduled that night, so we want to be back in plenty of time to shower and change.

Reading this thread really keeps me excited for this trip! Thank you ALL so much!!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: