Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #542
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Have a great trip!!!
Thank you! I'm getting ready to leave right now!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #543
PhoenixStrength

Hello all!

Well, I'm back home. Got home LATE last night after a bad drive home. I really, really, really wish I was still in Florida. It was a good trip, not my best but I enjoyed it and it helped me a lot. I could have done with a few more days down there though!

I'll be uploading the pictures I took tonight and do a sorta Mini-TR on the trip. I actually took 0 pictures on 2 of the 5 days, but I'll do a quick something on the trip still.

Anyone know any tricks on winning the lottery so I can move to Florida now, and not have to wait til at least the end of the year????

Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #544
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

Hello all!

Well, I'm back home. Got home LATE last night after a bad drive home. I really, really, really wish I was still in Florida. It was a good trip, not my best but I enjoyed it and it helped me a lot. I could have done with a few more days down there though!

I'll be uploading the pictures I took tonight and do a sorta Mini-TR on the trip. I actually took 0 pictures on 2 of the 5 days, but I'll do a quick something on the trip still.

Anyone know any tricks on winning the lottery so I can move to Florida now, and not have to wait til at least the end of the year????

Good gosh! Time flew by, didn't it?!?! Honey, if I had any tricks on winning the lottery, I'd be a multi-millionaire right now.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #545
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Welcome home! If you do figure out a good way to beat the lottery, please let us all know.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #546
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good gosh! Time flew by, didn't it?!?! Honey, if I had any tricks on winning the lottery, I'd be a multi-millionaire right now.
Yes it did!!!! And I won't be able to go back down until at least September as we are too busy during the summer for me to take time off.

Wait, you mean you aren't independently wealthy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Welcome home! If you do figure out a good way to beat the lottery, please let us all know.
Thanks!

If I ever crack that code I will certainly let you all know.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #547
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Welcome home! Glad you had a sort of good trip.

I'm holding out to win the lottery so I can move to Florida too.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #548
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Welcome home! Glad you had a sort of good trip.

I'm holding out to win the lottery so I can move to Florida too.
It was a good trip, but some crappy stuff happened too that I will get into when I do a recap of it. But I'm definitely happy I went!

I keep trying, but the lottery gods don't like me.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #549
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Welcome back!

We all live in different states/country, so maybe we can all win the lottery. We already have all our plans laid out.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #550
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Welcome back!

We all live in different states/country, so maybe we can all win the lottery. We already have all our plans laid out.
Thanks!

If we all won the lottery that would be creepy, but cool.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #551
PhoenixStrength

LIFE UPDATE:

First of all, sorry I haven't gotten any updates done in a while, I've been busy and tired since I got back last week. I will hopefully get started on the mini-TR tonight/tomorrow, then finish this TR. Until then, I though I would share a decision I made while driving back from Florida last Monday:

I've shared on here before that I want to move to Florida and plan on doing so soon. I was actually originally planning on moving down there this spring, but between the health issues that Sweetie had earlier this year costing me over $1000 and loaning a friend who was injured and couldn't work for 2 months some money I can't afford it right this minute.

At the same time, this trip really confirmed for me that I absolutely want to live down there, and I was miserable the entire drive back to MD. Since my first trip to FL 10 years ago I feel at home while in Florida. It just feels right, like I'm meant to be there, I'm content while there. I don't know exactly how to put it in words. So, I gave myself a deadline basically. I'm going to stay up here and work my butt off this summer saving as much as possible (which with summer being our busiest time is a lot of potential $$ coming in!). After Labor Day I start working on getting a job down there and buying a house. I want to be living down there by the end of the year.

I know I'm going to be working 7 days a week, at least 12 hours a day for the next several months, but I also know it will be completely worth it when I can move with my own home and a job, in the place I want to live. I'm very excited about it, knowing in 5 months I will be looking at houses and jobs!!!! If anyone has any advice for a first time home buyer and/or moving out of state, I would so appreciate it.

I'll be back soon with updates, I promise.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #552
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good for you setting a goal for yourself! If you are anything like me, a goal is just the motivation that I need to get myself going. I think that you're making an excellent decision in moving to a place that feels like home to you.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #553
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yea for moving to Florida!! I can't tell you how jealous I am of you right now.

Of course if I moved to Florida I would probably never leave Disney. Not sure DH would appreciate that.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #554
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good for you setting a goal for yourself! If you are anything like me, a goal is just the motivation that I need to get myself going. I think that you're making an excellent decision in moving to a place that feels like home to you.
Thanks! That is what I am like too. Having that deadline and goal motivates me to keep going and just plain makes me happy to think that in 6-8 months I'll be living in Florida!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yea for moving to Florida!! I can't tell you how jealous I am of you right now.

Of course if I moved to Florida I would probably never leave Disney. Not sure DH would appreciate that.
Thank you. I'll be living about 1.5 hours from WDW, so it's far enough that I won't be tempted to always be there, but close enough that it will be easy to go when I can!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #555
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
If anyone has any advice for a first time home buyer and/or moving out of state, I would so appreciate it.

[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I lived in Florida for 10 years (Orlando, Fort Myers and Sanibel Island) so I can definitely give you advice about Florida living if you need it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: