Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #736
jojosam
Mouseketeer

Catching up on all the ups and downs of your trip.

The pictures are amazing... I've told everyone that I will be taking a gazillion photos during our trip in September because I don't want to miss a single detail... it's going to be one very thick Shutterfly album!

Despite the daily drama, it seems like you found some happy times in the Happiest Place! I hope the medical issues will soon be resolved.

Looking forward to reading more!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #737
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
Catching up on all the ups and downs of your trip.

The pictures are amazing... I've told everyone that I will be taking a gazillion photos during our trip in September because I don't want to miss a single detail... it's going to be one very thick Shutterfly album!

Despite the daily drama, it seems like you found some happy times in the Happiest Place! I hope the medical issues will soon be resolved.

Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! You can never have too many pics of Disney!

We had our moments. The medical issues went on for the remainder of the trip and I didn't get them resolved until after I was home.

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #738
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! Fantastic, amazing pictures from the party. I love your camera, too!!!

I love your shots with the princesses and princess, especially the one with Flynn and Rapunzel.

The parade pictures are SPECTACULAR!!! So clear.

And the fireworks shots are more than just "ok"! Beautiful. And no witch hats.

I am always discouraged by the clueless jerks who really don't pay attention (or care) about others. Once, in the preshow for Muppets, a family with two small boys and a very tall dad came in late, said "I hope the kids can see" and then stepped right in front of my boys. But they redeemed themselves by stopping right in the middle of the theatre when instructed to move all the way to the end.

Bummer about your first fight with your husband, although entirely understandable: Lots of excitement and exhaustion and worry in the past few days! I'm glad to hear the two of your worked it out at the end of the night.

Last edited by natebenma; 04-15-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #739
MEK
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to stop back to see your pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #740
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Great pictures and TR as always Caitlin! I LOVE the 1st pic with you and Rapunzel and Flynn. She was very intent looking!
Don't worry about those Disney fights - we've been married 26 years and last year at Disney we had a biggie Must be the stress of all those people

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #741
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow!!! Fantastic, amazing pictures from the party. I love your camera, too!!!

Thank you!

I love your shots with the princesses and princess, especially the one with Flynn and Rapunzel.

Thank you I was so excited to meet them!

The parade pictures are SPECTACULAR!!! So clear.

I know I was so excited when I saw them!

And the fireworks shots are more than just "ok"! Beautiful. And no witch hats.

I had to keep the camera above my head and what I got was what I got

I am always discouraged by the clueless jerks who really don't pay attention (or care) about others. Once, in the preshow for Muppets, a family with two small boys and a very tall dad came in late, said "I hope the kids can see" and then stepped right in front of my boys. But they redeemed themselves by stopping right in the middle of the theatre when instructed to move all the way to the end.

Bummer about your first fight with your husband, although entirely understandable: Lots of excitement and exhaustion and worry in the past few days! I'm glad to hear the two of your worked it out at the end of the night.
Oh my gosh. Some people are just clueless.

Yeah it was a rough night but it had been a long weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Can't wait to stop back to see your pictures!
I hope you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Great pictures and TR as always Caitlin! I LOVE the 1st pic with you and Rapunzel and Flynn. She was very intent looking!
Don't worry about those Disney fights - we've been married 26 years and last year at Disney we had a biggie Must be the stress of all those people
Thank you!
I know I love that pic!
Yep let's just say it's the other people Brazilian tour groups can lead to huge fights

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #742
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

After we left the park we ended up getting lost again. This time our destination ended up being Celebration. Once we got turned around and back to our room Andrew and I were exhausted and angry. After an hour of heated discussion we made up and this time I got to cuddle with my husband before falling asleep
Oh brother. We have gotten lost a bunch of times, but never in Celebration. Yikes! But cuddling is good!

Love the pictures. They turned out perfect and the fact that the road is wet makes them look even better. Lovely fireworks! So glad you were my last stop for the day before I go to sleep!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #743
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh brother. We have gotten lost a bunch of times, but never in Celebration. Yikes! But cuddling is good!

Love the pictures. They turned out perfect and the fact that the road is wet makes them look even better. Lovely fireworks! So glad you were my last stop for the day before I go to sleep!
Grandpa had a hard time reading the signs at night

Thank you!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #744
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Our last full day begins....

Hi All! Sorry it's been so long between posts but life has been keeping us very busy! Sunday was Caitlin's final Sunday worshipping at our church (this coming Sunday morning is commencements) so as you can imagine it was a very emotional service for us. Caitlin has been raised in that church so it truly is her extended family. Then that afternoon we had her Going Away/Grad Party. It was themed to her beloved Detroit Tigers and it was a lot of fun. Many good memories were made
Today was her last day of finals and now on to Graduation!
And of course we have our trip coming in just 11 days!

But now back to Sept.....

I woke up around 6am to the sound of a text message coming through. It was my lovely daughter saying they were up and getting ready to meet me at Epcot for rope drop. I got up and saw that my dad was already awake. He told me he wasn't feeling well and he was going to spend the morning in the room. (can you believe another person on this trip?! It would turn out to be kidney stones that would plague him for months)

I got ready and headed to the bus stop about 8:30. I had good bus karma and was at Epcot in no time. I arrived just as Caitlin and Andrew did and was happy to see she was walking. (well she had to walk because the wheelchair had been left in the car..but still I thought she looked good)

However, she told me the walk from the bus stop had exhausted her so they needed to rent a wheelchair. So at rope drop the kids hit the wheelchair rental place (12$ in case you're curious) and I did the run to Soarin for Fastpasses.

I got the FP and then met them at Nemo.

From there we went to Figment and then over to

Of course Andrew had to ride that one solo. He was so excited when he came off that ride! He kept saying " Wow! I almost blacked out! That was awesome!"

While Andrew was on his mission to space we enjoyed the Jammitor's show

They were great!

When Andrew got back it was time for Soarin so we headed over there. While the kids went flying I went and got breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.

I ordered this for Caitlin

and I got this

It is actually the kids French toast meal but it was the perfect size and it was sooo good!

I somehow posted this without meaning too so I guess I will stop here. I will let Caitlin tell you about Andrew's visit to Club Cool and his first taste of Beverly...

Thanks for reading!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #745
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post

Awesome! Love this!

Woo Hoo for 11 days. I know how much you must be looking forward to this trip and then again....not.

So exciting that Catilin is done school and will be graduating in a few days. So many life changes to celebrate. You'll be OK mom!

That kid's french toast looks yummy and it really does look like the perfect size.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #746
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! Love this!

Woo Hoo for 11 days. I know how much you must be looking forward to this trip and then again....not.

You are exactly right!

So exciting that Catilin is done school and will be graduating in a few days. So many life changes to celebrate. You'll be OK mom!

It is all met with very mixed emotions. We raised her to have wings and of course we want her happiness more than anything but...we sure will miss her

That kid's french toast looks yummy and it really does look like the perfect size.
That was probably my favorite breakfast that vacation. I was very pleasantly surprised!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #747
thecapells
Disney Dad

Sounds like a good morning.
Can't wait to hear the Beverly story!
Newbies are always so much fun!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #748
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Sounds like a good morning.
Can't wait to hear the Beverly story!
Newbies are always so much fun!

His reaction to Beverly was a little unusual

Old 04-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #749
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ooh, a Tigers themed going away/grad party...love it! Congrats to Caitlin on graduating! And yay for your trip being so soon!

"I almost blacked out." That is awesome. Though maybe it's even more reason for me to NOT try Mission:Space.

Nice update. I have never seen the Jammitors before.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #750
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ooh, a Tigers themed going away/grad party...love it! Congrats to Caitlin on graduating! And yay for your trip being so soon!

Thanks. We had all baseball themed decorations and the menu was inspired by the offerings at the stadium.

"I almost blacked out." That is awesome. Though maybe it's even more reason for me to NOT try Mission:Space.

Yeah, I don't understand how that would be a good thing

Nice update. I have never seen the Jammitors before.
Thank you. The Jammitors are really good and a lot of fun. I just noticed you have your new TR started. I don't know how I missed that but I need to head over and get caught up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: