Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #3076
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmar View Post
We have stayed at BWI many times. Once we got a King size bed. All the other times we got 2 queens. If I request King bed, what are the chances I will get it? Are they in a specific area of the resort?

The one time we did get the King we were in one of the over flow club level rooms outside the club level entry. We've stayed club level other times and got queens.
I don't have specifics, but in general the king beds are rare and hard to get at all the Deluxe resorts unless you book a 1BR villa (which all have one), or the special booking category at GF. Good luck!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #3077
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
No questions are ever stupid here. But, you're assumption is correct that if they don't have an AP, they would have to pay and in that case, I wouldn't arrive after 2 and pay full price.
Thanks, kook. I wonder how my girls will feel about us dumping them to go to BB while they for the parks on their own

Oh, and we are at the 30 day mark until we get to day hello to our favorite resort!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #3078
circe811
Earning My Ears

Talking

I just got back from my first ever stay on property/first stay at the BWV (rented points) and I LOVED it. Seriously, best vacation I've had in years...even with a tantruming two year old! I had requested a ground floor, pool view, and also one of the daybed/couches. I was told that the BWV side didn't have the daybed couches when I made the request but we ended up with one. I flipped it around and it was a PERFECT crib for my little guy. I was able to lay down with him while he fell asleep and climb out and it worked well for time outs too. We also got the ground floor request and although it wasn't a pool view, we were right across from the exit door to the pool and it worked out so great!

I thought the decor was beautiful, everyone was so helpful and friendly and you really can't beat the location if you love EPCOT.

Just wanted to pass on a good review since I loved it so much!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #3079
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

First stay at the Boardwalk 31 days from today!! Looking forward to trying out a new resort, especially in the EPCOT area!! Does anyone know when the Boardwalk Bakery reopens? We were just in the World last week (@ POP), and noticed it was closed down for refurb.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #3080
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer

Just checked into the inn. We are too tired after a very busy couple of nights at the grand floridian to really have it sink in how nice it is here. Of course after the grand with a view of the lagoon, castle, poly, and contemporary... very hard to get better than that. That resort is a slice of heaven beyond all comprehension.

First room we checked into here had no balcony and a view mostly of the courtyard that is behind the boardwalk. Immediately requested a room with a balcony facing the boardwalk (we had paid for the view afterall). The room we have now is as good as it gets. I'll post the view later.. it's stunning.. can see beach club, yacht club, the entire boardwalk from our large third floor balcony. Can't wait to finally feel rested... we were at MK until nearly 2 AM last night and did Hollywood studios before checking in to the boardwalk an hour ago.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #3081
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by circe811 View Post
I just got back from my first ever stay on property/first stay at the BWV (rented points) and I LOVED it. Seriously, best vacation I've had in years...even with a tantruming two year old! I had requested a ground floor, pool view, and also one of the daybed/couches. I was told that the BWV side didn't have the daybed couches when I made the request but we ended up with one. I flipped it around and it was a PERFECT crib for my little guy. I was able to lay down with him while he fell asleep and climb out and it worked well for time outs too. We also got the ground floor request and although it wasn't a pool view, we were right across from the exit door to the pool and it worked out so great!

I thought the decor was beautiful, everyone was so helpful and friendly and you really can't beat the location if you love EPCOT.

Flipping the couch around is an AWESOME idea!!! Thank you! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #3082
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWOswald View Post
Just checked into the inn. We are too tired after a very busy couple of nights at the grand floridian to really have it sink in how nice it is here. Of course after the grand with a view of the lagoon, castle, poly, and contemporary... very hard to get better than that. That resort is a slice of heaven beyond all comprehension.

First room we checked into here had no balcony and a view mostly of the courtyard that is behind the boardwalk. Immediately requested a room with a balcony facing the boardwalk (we had paid for the view afterall). The room we have now is as good as it gets. I'll post the view later.. it's stunning.. can see beach club, yacht club, the entire boardwalk from our large third floor balcony. Can't wait to finally feel rested... we were at MK until nearly 2 AM last night and did Hollywood studios before checking in to the boardwalk an hour ago.
I believe that is literally the ONE room without a balcony. I guess they have to give it to someone, but unless the place is fully booked (which I wouldn't think so now), they probably should keep it vacant. Glad your new room is better!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #3083
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

I have more recent photos of the Sonora Suite. They're not fab quality pics, just pics the kids and I took during our stay last summer. However, they show how the suite looks now instead of pre-renovation. If someone lets me know to whom to send them to update this, I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
SONORA VICE PRESIDENTIAL SUITE

Sleeps up to 6 and has 1 king and 2 queens. Views are of the BoardWalk/Crescent Lake.

Room #4219
Vice Presidential and Presidential Suite photos courtesy of DisOhana

(2007/pre-rehab)

STEEPLECHASE PRESIDENTIAL SUITE
Measures 2,170 square feet, sleeps 6 and has 1 king and 2 queens with a view of the BoardWalk/Crescent Lake.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #3084
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Thanks, kook. I wonder how my girls will feel about us dumping them to go to BB while they for the parks on their own

Oh, and we are at the 30 day mark until we get to day hello to our favorite resort!
How old are they? If they're older teens, they'll be thrilled to be 'dumped' by their embarrassing parents, and, it's only an 'after 2' dumping anyway - just enough time for them to either take naps or eat (I'm thinking they're teens here again)

Quote:

Sounds like you had a great first on-site stay and it probably won't be your last. Thanks for letting everyone know about the daybed and I hope you get to plan your next trip to WDW soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
First stay at the Boardwalk 31 days from today!! Looking forward to trying out a new resort, especially in the EPCOT area!! Does anyone know when the Boardwalk Bakery reopens? We were just in the World last week (@ POP), and noticed it was closed down for refurb.
The BB is still scheduled to re-open 27 April. How lucky to be at WDW last week and next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWOswald View Post

I saw your GF post and boy, you really loved that place and had a fantastic upgraded view. The BV at BWI is also fantastic and I know you'll love sitting out on the balcony when you're more rested. Thanks for checking in with us and I hope we hear back from you soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyGirly View Post
I have more recent photos of the Sonora Suite. They're not fab quality pics, just pics the kids and I took during our stay last summer. However, they show how the suite looks now instead of pre-renovation. If someone lets me know to whom to send them to update this, I can.
Terrific! Thank you! How wonderful you were able to stay in the Sonora. Was it a special occasion?

You have two options: The easiest is to post them here and I'll just copy/paste/edit them in my Photobucket account and replace them with the old photos, giving credit to you, of course. Or if you don't have them uploaded to a photo sharing site and you can't post them here, let me know and I'll PM an email address to you and you can attach them to an email.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #3085
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

Were you in a studio, 1Br or 2BR that had the daybed? That would be PERFECT for our girls trip next week, then no one would have to share a bed!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #3086
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Circe811...Glad to hear you had a fabulous first trip to the BWV. We fell in love with the resort too. It's so beautiful.

WDWOswald...Happy to hear you got your room changed to a balcony BW view. Those views are amazing. Can't wait to hear more. Have fun.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #3087
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Were you in a studio, 1Br or 2BR that had the daybed? That would be PERFECT for our girls trip next week, then no one would have to share a bed!
Only a dedicated studio would have the "daybed". It's about crib sized and looks like a deacon's bench. It is located where the connecting door to a one bedroom would have been if the studio connected to a one bedroom. They used to call this a "Studio Plus" and you could request it. But it's not a request any more and just the luck of the draw.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #3088
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they do restricted parking in October during F&W? We love BWI but hate the parking situation. I know during holiday periods they restrict the parking so I am hoping maybe that will help. How much is valet these days?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #3089
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
Does anyone know if they do restricted parking in October during F&W? We love BWI but hate the parking situation. I know during holiday periods they restrict the parking so I am hoping maybe that will help. How much is valet these days?
I must say the parking is the only thing I don't like about the BWI, I hope they do try to sort it.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #3090
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

We had to change our dates for our August trip. I had a nice BB rate, but when I moved it to the week earlier, we missed one day. So, I have a "summer room only" rate for the first day and then my BB rate for the rest of the stay. The CM who made the changes was wonderful. Here's hoping my continuing reservation will give us the room we want and that we won't have to switch rooms after a night. The CM said that I definitely don't want to do on-line check in so that the CM checking us in can double check everything for us. (How many time can you use the word "check" in a sentence.) I was able to also change all of our dining reservations by exactly one week -- had to do a 10 minute change for Flying Fish though.

Now that things are nailed down -- including our flights -- I am so excited for this trip. DD said she is going to wear her Mickey Mouse graduation hat everywhere (we got that for her when DH and I were there last month).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: