Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #2791
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Excited to hear from you again. I had a very busy weekend with my new job that I haven't read your post. You will enjoy my last trip in January where this is a different trip I have done. I am so excited for you and your family that you will be at the DLR in October during the Halloween season and staying at the PPH. i still remember from your DL trip last year that you have stayed at the DLH during your stay.
Congrats Bret!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #2792
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:

Excited to hear from you again. I had a very busy weekend with my new job that I haven't read your post. You will enjoy my last trip in January where this is a different trip I have done. I am so excited for you and your family that you will be at the DLR in October during the Halloween season and staying at the PPH. i still remember from your DL trip last year that you have stayed at the DLH during your stay.
Double post.

Last edited by kmedina; 04-08-2013 at 09:28 PM.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #2793
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:

Congrats on the new job. I hope you are loving it. Glad to see you are still taking Dli trips even with the new job. I want to try all of the Disneyland Hotels. I went with PPH next, because GC is out of our budget this trip. I am excited to finally go there for Halloween. I wanted to go back to WDW, but Crap cannot take that much time off work.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #2794
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You really got a lot done your final morning at Dl. DD2 is super adorable. It's too bad she was afraid of some of the rides. It is a shame that the super shuttle did not arrive. I am glad the limo service was able to help you so short notice though. It is also good that your Aunt worked out getting a refund when she returned. I wonder why they charged her even though they claimed she cancelled the reservation. Love the decorations in the park. Cannot wait to see them in person some year. Hoping for 2013 or 2014.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #2795
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Congrats Bret!
Thank you PiO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Congrats on the new job. I hope you are loving it. Glad to see you are still taking Dli trips even with the new job. I want to try all of the Disneyland Hotels. I went with PPH next, because GC is out of our budget this trip. I am excited to finally go there for Halloween. I wanted to go back to WDW, but Crap cannot take that much time off work.
Thank you Kim. It is very nice to work again. But just like any job, I won't be on the threads a lot like I used to these last few years. I'll still be on the threads when I have the time and I just got home from work. I was glad that my boss was able to let me go to my DL trip. I still have the August trip and November trip later this year and he was nice enough to let me off on those days. Just like you, I also want to try all the different hotels at the DLR. But budget is a key and I would trade more trips by staying off-site over the hotels. I'll one day stay at the DLR hotels and it will be the GCH as my next choice. Glad that you will be staying at the PPH during your trip. You will have a great time at the DLR during the Halloween season with all the Halloween decorations at MS & BTR. Are you planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party on the 25th which is the likely date for MHP on Friday? Hope that one day you will go back to WDW. Have you read my WDW TR from last year where I had a great time during the Halloween season and the Food & Wine Festival? I still have to finish up that trip report which is way behind.

Quote:
You really got a lot done your final morning at Dl. DD2 is super adorable. It's too bad she was afraid of some of the rides. It is a shame that the super shuttle did not arrive. I am glad the limo service was able to help you so short notice though. It is also good that your Aunt worked out getting a refund when she returned. I wonder why they charged her even though they claimed she cancelled the reservation. Love the decorations in the park. Cannot wait to see them in person some year. Hoping for 2013 or 2014.
We did quite a lot that last day where we had about 4 hours in the park since it was on a slow day and the park opens at 10am. DD2 is a very nice young girl and she had a blast. There were some rides where she was afraid on the rides but overall she really did well. That really sucked that the Super Shuttle canceled on us just when we are about to leave that day. We were glad that the Best Western Park Place Inn Staff were so great to call a limo to take us to Orange County Airport. My aunt was not happy where the Super Shuttle company canceled our pickup that day and she was glad that she got her money back.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #2796
PrincessInOz
in

Glad you're busy; but I'll miss you spending less time on the boards.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #2797
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Yes, we will likely go to the Halloween party on 10/25. It is my 10 year wedding anniversary. I just hope Crap is okay with attending that night. I just found out almost right after that post that Crap had another week of vacation for 2013 he was unaware of. I am trying to talk him into a week at WDW immediately following Disneyland. Since it is a last minute trip and I quit my job recently, we will have to make concessions Crap is not happy about. He has not said yes or no to WDW. Right now, he is in Boston. He just said we would discuss it when he gets back. I was secretly putting money aside for a weekend Dl trip around Christmas at GC. If I nix that, use some airline miles, cut my Christmas budget, cut our Dl dining budget from mostly table service to mostly quick service, stay at a value, get regular dining (instead of deluxe), I can make it work. Crap is anti value though, so it will be a challenge. I also read that Dl will take old WDW tickets. We have unused days from our honeymoon trip, so we will only need tickets for Xander if that is true. We already have a deposit at PPH, so I do not want to lose that.

I did find your WDW thread and will read it whether I go this October or not. I regret not going to the Halloween Party last time we were at WDW in October. I will rectify that if we go this year. I could attend the Dl one and the WDW one less than a week apart if Crap lets us go.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #2798
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Glad you're busy; but I'll miss you spending less time on the boards.
I have been busy and glad that I had a day off this weekend where I went to DD3 birthday party on Saturday and a massage yesterday. I will still be reading when I am at work but I won't be posting a lot.

Quote:
Yes, we will likely go to the Halloween party on 10/25. It is my 10 year wedding anniversary. I just hope Crap is okay with attending that night. I just found out almost right after that post that Crap had another week of vacation for 2013 he was unaware of. I am trying to talk him into a week at WDW immediately following Disneyland. Since it is a last minute trip and I quit my job recently, we will have to make concessions Crap is not happy about. He has not said yes or no to WDW. Right now, he is in Boston. He just said we would discuss it when he gets back. I was secretly putting money aside for a weekend Dl trip around Christmas at GC. If I nix that, use some airline miles, cut my Christmas budget, cut our Dl dining budget from mostly table service to mostly quick service, stay at a value, get regular dining (instead of deluxe), I can make it work. Crap is anti value though, so it will be a challenge. I also read that Dl will take old WDW tickets. We have unused days from our honeymoon trip, so we will only need tickets for Xander if that is true. We already have a deposit at PPH, so I do not want to lose that.

I did find your WDW thread and will read it whether I go this October or not. I regret not going to the Halloween Party last time we were at WDW in October. I will rectify that if we go this year. I could attend the Dl one and the WDW one less than a week apart if Crap lets us go.
That is good news to hear that you will be attending MHP on the first day of your trip. I believe Crap will have a great time during MHP with you and your two kids. It is interesting that you can use unused WDW tickets to the DLR while you can't use DLR tickets for WDW. Sometimes I am puzzled how they let you use WDW to get into the DLR. That will be a good money saver to use during your DLR trip in October.

That will be neat to attend both parties during your visit. I got to go back to DL and do MHP one day. It would have been nice to spend more time during MNSSHP during the October trip last year but my aunt and DB were tired and I had to go along with them since it is not all about me.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #2799
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:

I have been busy and glad that I had a day off this weekend where I went to DD3 birthday party on Saturday and a massage yesterday. I will still be reading when I am at work but I won't be posting a lot.

That is good news to hear that you will be attending MHP on the first day of your trip. I believe Crap will have a great time during MHP with you and your two kids. It is interesting that you can use unused WDW tickets to the DLR while you can't use DLR tickets for WDW. Sometimes I am puzzled how they let you use WDW to get into the DLR. That will be a good money saver to use during your DLR trip in October.

That will be neat to attend both parties during your visit. I got to go back to DL and do MHP one day. It would have been nice to spend more time during MNSSHP during the October trip last year but my aunt and DB were tired and I had to go along with them since it is not all about me.
Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

I am so excited to be attending both the Dl and the WDW Halloween parties for the first time this year. When I read the ticket thing, I thought it was strange too, but I am glad. I just need to dig through the garage to find our honeymoon album where I stored our KttW cards. If it works, we only need to buy a one day hopper for Xander ($119). If it does not work, we have to buy one day hoppers for all 3 of us ($369) unless the prices go up in August again.

I did not get to stay long at MVMCP last trip thanks to Crap. Hopefully, you stayed at MNSSHP longer than we stayed at MVMCP. I cannot wait to read about it. I just finished you HS day today, so I am not to the party yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2800
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

I am so excited to be attending both the Dl and the WDW Halloween parties for the first time this year. When I read the ticket thing, I thought it was strange too, but I am glad. I just need to dig through the garage to find our honeymoon album where I stored our KttW cards. If it works, we only need to buy a one day hopper for Xander ($119). If it does not work, we have to buy one day hoppers for all 3 of us ($369) unless the prices go up in August again.

I did not get to stay long at MVMCP last trip thanks to Crap. Hopefully, you stayed at MNSSHP longer than we stayed at MVMCP. I cannot wait to read about it. I just finished you HS day today, so I am not to the party yet.
Hi Kim,

I was so busy these last few weeks that I wasn't able to answer your latest post. I had a nice weekend at DD3 birthday party and there was a lot of Disney princesses party decorations. The best birthday presents she like the most was Princess Aurora dress which is very nice present from her aunt and uncle.

That is so great to be able to attend both MNSSHP and MHP at both parks. Hope you will be able to find those WDW tickets and use them for your DL trip. I would guess that the ticket price increase will be in August not like last year in May where Cars Land and Buena Vista Street was about to open in June. Last year price was so crazy to the AP where it was $499 and now it is $649. I'm hoping that the Premium AP won't be so expensive this year. I will renew my AP before it expires so I should not worry unless the DLR re-raises the price overnight.

I remember that you didn't stay at MVMCP that long during the trip. My aunt came along at the last second and my DB was not that energetic to be at MNSSHP since his GF was suppose to come with us during the WDW trip and had to back out due to her mother's illness. We stayed at the MK until HalloWishes fireworks was over. I believe it was about 3 hours since we were in the MK during MNSSHP. The only things we did that night was the parade and the fireworks. I went to one candy station during that time since my aunt and DB were not interested in candy.

I am just 4 days away till my trip back to the DLR and the WD Studios and Archives tour in Burbank during a D23 event. I am so looking forward to going to the WDSaA since it will be the first time for me and I have been looking forward to it. It is also a great opportunity to go back to the DLR since the January trip. I will have my pre-trip plan set up these next two days if I can do it since I have not been on the boards lately due to my new job and has required my attention.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #2801
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

I just wanted to tell you that I stumbled upon one of your youtube videos last week and it was FABULOUS. I was looking for one for the Magicial fireworks so I could hear the music for it and I recongized the user name from the Disboards. I wish I had your skill! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #2802
PrincessInOz
in

4 days? Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to the TR!

Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #2803
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Have a great time Brett. We're not heading into DL until sometime on Sunday, maybe we'll see you as we're wandering around.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #2804
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Have a fun time Bret! I hope that you enjoy your studios tour and get in some good DL park time.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #2805
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

It is crazy how much the prices keep going up. Hopefully, they advertise the impending price change, so you can renew before it goes up or that it will not go up at all.

Thanks. I just bought the MNSSHP tickets now. I am so excited. Nice to see your trip is so close. I look forward to reading along. Have a good time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: