Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #1726
cruisingrammy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswarnock View Post
I know I am late in the game, but just found this board. My sons and I will be on the cruise. They are 7 and 9. Went on the Wonder for Christmas. Depressing as it sounds, my husband was killed in Afghanistan the day before our youngest turned 6, on Dec 14, 2011. So, after we finally were able to burry him in Arlington last December, we bailed and set off on a Disney Adventure. And even before we left the ship decided it would be so much fun to do another!

CANNOT wait to meet you all :-)

(I'd post a pic, but don't know how to do that)

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Welcome to the group, look forward to meeting you and you sons.
cruisingrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #1727
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
Tooting my own horn a bit - Scott and I host a Disney fan podcast and our latest episode (episode 125) contains our WBPC pre-trip report, a review of the 10th Edition of the PassPorter Disney Cruise Line and Ports of Call guidebook, as well as an audio recording of the Finding Nemo: The Musical show from Animal Kingdom.

Feel free to stop by the website and check it out! www.disneyindiana.com
Tracy I just finished listening you pre-trip report for this cruise and I really enjoyed it!

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #1728
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingrammy View Post
Welcome to the group, look forward to meeting you and you sons.

welcome to the group
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #1729
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Quote:
I know I am late in the game, but just found this board. My sons and I will be on the cruise. They are 7 and 9. Went on the Wonder for Christmas. Depressing as it sounds, my husband was killed in Afghanistan the day before our youngest turned 6, on Dec 14, 2011. So, after we finally were able to burry him in Arlington last December, we bailed and set off on a Disney Adventure. And even before we left the ship decided it would be so much fun to do another!

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Hi Casey, glad to see more kids...ours are 8&9! Can't wait to meet the three of you onboard, only three weeks to go!

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever

Last edited by Brixton; 04-15-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #1730
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

Hope Boston DISers are safe at home.

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever

Last edited by Brixton; 04-15-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #1731
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania

Welcome! So sorry for your loss - and thank you for your husband's service.

Looking forward to meeting you and the kiddos! Are you coming to the DISMeet embarkation day?
Let me also say thanks to your family for such a heart wrenching sacrifice. My husband is a retired from the Navy so anyone who gives their life to ensure our freedom is very near and dear to our hearts. So happy you and the kids will be joining us ! I look forward to spending our vacation together.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #1732
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswarnock

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah

Let me also say thanks to your family for such a heart wrenching sacrifice. My husband is a retired from the Navy so anyone who gives their life to ensure our freedom is very near and dear to our hearts. So happy you and the kids will be joining us ! I look forward to spending our vacation together.[/QUOTE]
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #1733
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Welcome aboard! My daughter is 7 and son is 10. I'm sure we will run into your crew many times!
kbishop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #1734
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! I'm so sorry for your loss but thank you to your husband, you and your boys. I'm free because of people like you. I can never express enough gratitude to you guys. I hope your vacation is amazing!
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1735
caswarnock
Earning My Ears

Thank you all! SOOOO excited. Told the boys about all the fun stuff ahead and we CANNOT wait! Looking forward to meeting you all on the 6th!
caswarnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #1736
roseburghughes
Mouseketeer

SAS Transportation Florida Question?

I made a reservation using the website for SAS transportation from our Ft. Lauderdale Hotel to Miami Port. I had a question about where to put my hotel information (all they had was an Airline fill-in box) so I called the phone number 954-600-0240 and got a recording referring me back to the website.

I recieved an email from them today, saying this is confirmation for transportation on May 6 and that Hotel pick ups begin at 11:00am.

No confirmation number and no exact time for pick up.

I also noticed that the email had the same phone number that is a recording, no live person and no contact number for dispatch.

Is anyone else using SAS Transportation? Do you have a confirmation number, exact pick up time, and dispatch contact phone number (in case there is a problem)?

Maybe it's just me, but it makes me nervous not to have a contact phone number to a live person.

Thank-you,

You can post a reply or PM me.

Disneyland:1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, "Day of July 17, 2005", 2007, 2008, 2011
Walt Disney World: 1976, 1998, 2003, 2007, 2010
Disney Cruises:
December 2003 - 4 Night Bahamian
December 2007 - 7 Night Western Caribbean
September 2010 -14 Night WBTA Repositioning
September 2011 - 5 Night Vancouver to Los Angeles Repositioning
May 2013 - 14 Night WB Panama Canal Repositioning

roseburghughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1737
jlmarr
You got that right

We've made reservations with SAS as well, and got the same email you're referring to. It listed our hotel, the date, and that hotel pickups start at 11am. I figure it will be ok, SAS seems to have a very good reputation.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #1738
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmarr View Post
We've made reservations with SAS as well, and got the same email you're referring to. It listed our hotel, the date, and that hotel pickups start at 11am. I figure it will be ok, SAS seems to have a very good reputation.
Yes, but...what if...there is no way to reach them morning of. Things go wrong even with companies with good reputations. The bus hired by the DIS group in Barcelona failed to come to the hotel we were staying at. Without a phone number to contact them we might still be standing on that curb!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #1739
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseburghughes View Post
I made a reservation using the website for SAS transportation from our Ft. Lauderdale Hotel to Miami Port. I had a question about where to put my hotel information (all they had was an Airline fill-in box) so I called the phone number 954-600-0240 and got a recording referring me back to the website.

I recieved an email from them today, saying this is confirmation for transportation on May 6 and that Hotel pick ups begin at 11:00am.

No confirmation number and no exact time for pick up.

I also noticed that the email had the same phone number that is a recording, no live person and no contact number for dispatch.

Is anyone else using SAS Transportation? Do you have a confirmation number, exact pick up time, and dispatch contact phone number (in case there is a problem)?

Maybe it's just me, but it makes me nervous not to have a contact phone number to a live person.

Thank-you,

You can post a reply or PM me.
Tim, we are using JR Shuttle Service. Got an exact pickup time, which we picked, and an invoice with a phone number. I think I would reply to the email and ask for a direct number "just in case" morning of. Especially since they do not give you a specific pick up time. Start at 11, does that mean you wait until 12:00 or 12:30 before you start to get concerned? I'd not be comfortable with that. I need more control than that I guess.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #1740
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Still no room number. They really are making us wait. Siiiiiiiiiigh.:roll eyes:

We did get our documents and luggage labels(minus number) though.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: