Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #3466
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel on Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,261

How long to MK?

How long does it take to get to MK by car? DH hates the buses, so we drive everywhere. Just wondering as I start to plan our schedule! Thanks!
__________________
Me , DH , Twin DSs , and DD

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #3467
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

About 15 minutes drive time. Just remember you will need to park the car, take a tram to the TTC and then board either monorail or boat to get to MK. So depending on crowds, it could be a 40 minute trip. Of the people I know that don't like the buses, MK is the one place they do use the bus.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #3468
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel on Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,261

you're right... so how long does a bus typically take in the mornings for rope drop?
__________________
Me , DH , Twin DSs , and DD

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #3469
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
you're right... so how long does a bus typically take in the mornings for rope drop?
Once you're on the bus, about 15-20 minutes until you are walking up to bag check.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #3470
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran
 
Ariel on Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,261

Great! Thanks for your quick answers!!!
__________________
Me , DH , Twin DSs , and DD

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #3471
shopalot11
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11

Red face Location of elevators Nemo buildings

Trying to figure out if I should try and do room request in Nemo Buildings...We are guaranteed Nemo...just dont know what floor to choose and where elevators are located in building. I think I perfer Building 5 close to food court...just not sure about floor? newbie - so dnt know..thanks for any help..and comments
shopalot11 is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #3472
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying
 
dtr_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: too far from Disney
Posts: 1,821

I'm pretty sure I've asked this before but I forgot the answer... Are all 3 Nemo buildings close to the food court/ bus stops? I wasn't going to request a building, I didn't think there was a "bad" Nemo building. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #3473
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel
I'm pretty sure I've asked this before but I forgot the answer... Are all 3 Nemo buildings close to the food court/ bus stops? I wasn't going to request a building, I didn't think there was a "bad" Nemo building. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
There are only 2 Nemo buildings. Both buildings are close to the food court and bud stop.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #3474
beth4
Mouseketeer
 
beth4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalot11 View Post
Trying to figure out if I should try and do room request in Nemo Buildings...We are guaranteed Nemo...just dont know what floor to choose and where elevators are located in building. I think I perfer Building 5 close to food court...just not sure about floor? newbie - so dnt know..thanks for any help..and comments
The elevators are in the middle of the buildings. I put in requests to be on the ground floor close to animation hall and I was put on the 2nd floor about halfway between the elevators and the end of the hall. We had 2 double strollers with us so it was kind of a pain to either walk to the middle of the building, try to fit us all (party of 12) in an elevator and then walk back to our room - or, collapse the strollers and carry both strollers, the kids, and all our stuff up the stairs that were closer to our room. We did both scenarios depending on if the kids were awake or not.

I am not sure which is better to request. Either close to animation hall, or else ground floor. I guess it depends on whether you would rather walk farther or have to deal with some stairs.
__________________
beth4 is offline  
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #3475
2012bella13
Mouseketeer
 
2012bella13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NEVER NEVER LAND
Posts: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
How long does it take to get to MK by car? DH hates the buses, so we drive everywhere. Just wondering as I start to plan our schedule! Thanks!
My DH never liked buses, so I was shocked when he decided that we would take the buses, I figured after the first day, he would go back to driving. He did not, he enjoyed having someone else drive & us not having to park & ride the tram to the park entrance. When he figured out that if we got on the first bus in the mornings, it was not packed, he was up & ready before all of us, rushing us to get going. He said if we go back, we were going to stay on site again & take the Disney Buses!! AOA does not share buses with any other Resorts, I would ask him if he would want to try it aleast once. If you aleast take the bus to Magic Kingdom, you will get dropped right off at the park entrance, you will not have to ride the tram to the ttc & ride the monorail or ferry to get to the main entrance.

On our last day, we took the first bus at 6:45 am to Magic Kingdom, we did not have a breakfast reservation, DH wanted to ride the first Bus out, ( It was us & another family-they had breakfast reservations) we wanted to be early & figured we would find a good spot to watch the parks opening show. Well we got a great spot, we were picked as the opening family for the day, we go to be in the opening show for Magic Kingdom with Mickey & Freinds, it was awesome, the CM told us that if someone asks how to get picked to be an opening family?, the key is to get to the park early, I never dreamed this would happen, it was a great way to end our vacation!!
__________________
:-DD,4yrs Bella DH
Disney World Trip Febuary 2013 A.O.A. Cars Suite
MAW-GKTW
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011

Last edited by 2012bella13; 04-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.
2012bella13 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #3476
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran
 
Southern Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 646

Video of walk to little mermaid rooms at Art of Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfRtWzCWUU
This video on you tube by Ret Kurmann

Hope I'm allowed to post this.

Thought this may help someone decide for themselves about the little mermaid rooms.

I watched and timed the walk from the pool or lobby to the little mermaid. It seem to take them about 8 minutes after they left the pool and the lobby to get to the little Mermaid rooms and they were filming. It looks like they were not walking fast and were stopping a little along the way during the filming.

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-17-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Southern Bell is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #3477
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
ManyMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfRtWzCWUU
This video on you tube by Ret Kurmann

Hope I'm allowed to post this.

Thought this may help someone decide for themselves about the little mermaid rooms.

I watched and timed the walk from the pool or lobby to the little mermaid. It seem to take them about 8 minutes after they left the pool and the lobby to get to the little Mermaid rooms and they were filming. It looks like they were not walking fast and were stopping a little along the way during the filming.
We were in bldg 8. It took us 8-9 mins to walk to Animation Hall, at a normal pace and not stopping.

Due to the inconvenience of the walk, we wouldn't stay at AoA again. If I'm paying almost $400 a night for a room (the average cost of a room at AoA is $383), it won't be at a "value".
ManyMinnie is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #3478
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

See I was thinking of the staying in a LM room at AOA but I was a bit concerned about the distance to the bus and food court, since we will have refillable mugs is the walk for coffee and soda going to be worth it? Biggest thing is we need coffee with breakfast but its a pain to carry around the mugs all day at the parks and normally its not such a long walk back to the room to put the mugs back..Hmm..

I don't mind walking believe me but after a long day in the parks not sure about a long trek to the room.. Anyone have any experience with this?
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #3479
schmeve
Mouseketeer
 
schmeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post

My DH never liked buses, so I was shocked when he decided that we would take the buses, I figured after the first day, he would go back to driving. He did not, he enjoyed having someone else drive & us not having to park & ride the tram to the park entrance. When he figured out that if we got on the first bus in the mornings, it was not packed, he was up & ready before all of us, rushing us to get going. He said if we go back, we were going to stay on site again & take the Disney Buses!! AOA does not share buses with any other Resorts, I would ask him if he would want to try it aleast once. If you aleast take the bus to Magic Kingdom, you will get dropped right off at the park entrance, you will not have to ride the tram to the ttc & ride the monorail or ferry to get to the main entrance.

On our last day, we took the first bus at 6:45 am to Magic Kingdom, we did not have a breakfast reservation, DH wanted to ride the first Bus out, ( It was us & another family-they had breakfast reservations) we wanted to be early & figured we would find a good spot to watch the parks opening show. Well we got a great spot, we were picked as the opening family for the day, we go to be in the opening show for Magic Kingdom with Mickey & Freinds, it was awesome, the CM told us that if someone asks how to get picked to be an opening family?, the key is to get to the park early, I never dreamed this would happen, it was a great way to end our vacation!!
Oh wow that's awesome that you guys were able to do that! So what time were you at the park by? 7?
__________________
We stayed at Art Of Animation 5/11-5/18 in 2013

We were Engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle May 2007

Schmeve
schmeve is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #3480
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,565

Manyminnie- I don't understand your post. Little Mermaid rooms are not $400 a night. The suites may be closer to that price in peak times. Are you saying that the walk from the suites is long? Even the cars section is closer than LM.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: