Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
mcj79
Spring time trip to Disney!

Question Size of room Safes at CBR/ Moderate Resorts and general loss prevention

Just wondering how big the room safes are at the Moderate Resorts (we are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort.) Will it fit all or any of the following: passports/wallets, small medicine bolts, phones, small jewelry, tablets & or 15 inch laptops? (We often watch movies on the flights, I'm sure we will too busy to tried to use our tablets or computers while at Disney.)

Wondering if we need to bring luggage locks/bag protector or or a Pacsafe travel Travelsafe. Anyone have any issues with electronics, moderate valuables or other items coming up missing from your rooms???

We normally keep things locked up when traveling.. But, I was not sure if Disney World Resorts tend to be better with loss prevention then typical mid-level random hotels???

Also, are you allowed to lock bags to a chair at the pools?

Given its size, crowed levels, number of little ones, money invested in tourism... I'm guessing Disney (not unlike the Vegas Strip, well other then the kids) is probably really one of the safest places to visit. I get the impression it is fairly packed with video cameras, security & alter staff. I'm hoping that basic awareness and some common sense will keep a person & their belongings safe. Is it safe to say we could leave the back pack locks, wallet chains, money belts at home or at least back in the room?? Not sure if Down Town Disney is monitored as highly as the parks...

Really not paranoid just used to traveling to larger urban cities state side and abroad. And have not been to Disney World in more then 30 years.

I have not been to Disney in over 15 years! This trip my lovely wife and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and her B-day!
This will be my wife's 1st trip ever to Disney World! We will be there for her B-Day!!
Two ladies ready for some awesome Disney Magic!
mcj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

The safe should hold everyhing you mentioned except for the laptops. We have never put our laptop, phones, or ipad in the safe and were never worried about it. Maybe we are naive but Disney never feels unsafe. I think you should be able to lock your bag on to chairs at the pool, there isnothing that could stop you from doing that. also if you feel better about having luggage locks, for peace of mind, then you should definitely do it.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the safes in the moderates are the same size. At CBR a tablet or two will fit but the 15 in. laptop will not. Bell Services has a secure area and will lock it up for you.

I'm pretty sure they would frown upon locking something to a pool chair. But there are lockers at the pool for any valuables you must bring to the pool.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
mcj79
Spring time trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I'm pretty sure the safes in the moderates are the same size. At CBR a tablet or two will fit but the 15 in. laptop will not. Bell Services has a secure area and will lock it up for you.

I'm pretty sure they would frown upon locking something to a pool chair. But there are lockers at the pool for any valuables you must bring to the pool.
I just got a 'trip email' update from Disney and they did mention that our resort has locker by the main pool. I'm guessing we will be spending most of our time at one of the 'quiet pools.'
I wouldn't generally be concerned other than reading some reviews about folks getting nicer phones, cash and credit cards stolen while at resort pools and water parks. I think these issues tended to be at the resorts that do the tours and are on the boat route. I should note in these cases the thefts were by other travelers or locals, not staff. And it seems like Disney did everything they could to resolve the situation and assist the guest.
Anyhow, we will be locking up our phones and such if we take them to the pool. Unless a staff member tells us we can not.

Thanks for all the information.

I have not been to Disney in over 15 years! This trip my lovely wife and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and her B-day!
This will be my wife's 1st trip ever to Disney World! We will be there for her B-Day!!
Two ladies ready for some awesome Disney Magic!
mcj79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: