Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Do you actually have4 cats?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #17
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Do you actually have4 cats?
Yes. And I'm married - shocking right? One kid, 4 cats LOL. We actually had 5; Brutus passed away on New Years Eve. We had 3 cats when we got married - I had one, DH had 2. Here's the story: I have a friend who does serious animal rescue; puppy mills, abuse, things of that nature with a rescue group. In 2011, her group got a call about a cat 'sanctuary' where there were 700 cats, many very sick, etc. in Gainesville, FL. It was such a big undertaking that the big Humane Society of the US had to come and help them. They euthanized the ones that were too sick (which I think was only about 60), then took the rest to get fixed, medicated, dipped for various things & whatever medical care needed. I followed her thru the process. They had 3 warehouses full of these cats. After 90 days, they were adoptable (except the ones being kept for evidence). She told me that there was a Bengal cat that needed a good home and lots of attention & she thought we would be the perfect house for many reasons. Now Bengals are usually $3,000-5,000 cats, as they are some crazy hybrid where someone had decided to breed a domestic cat with a wild animal (an Asian leopard cat). We agreed to drive 2 hours up and take a look. The cats were $5! While there, my daughter (4 1/2) at the time wanted a cat all her own, so we picked up a nice orange tabby cat (who was her buddy until he passed away). We didn't mean to have that many, but we do and do because we did a good deed. Actually, 4 seems like a good number. 5 was too many; too many fights even in a big house where they can spread out.

Last year, she went to Jacksonville for another 700 cat rescue. I told her I was not answering my phone if she called again! (She did not).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder

Last edited by Silverfox97; 03-22-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Lol there are only 3 of us on this cruise? Hilarious! Wonder if there will be FL Resident discounts?!?!?

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #19
Jenlikes27
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Lucky 13th Anniversary with my DH

Hi, I'm Jennifer, we just moved to South Florida and the one nice thing I can say about the transition is that I am now closer to Port Canaveral and very close to the Port of Miami. I'm super excited to sail this 2-day Cruise to Nowhere for several reasons....

1- it's our anniversary.
2- our first cruise without our 2 DD's (9 &11)
3- this cruise will make give us our CC Gold status.
4- give me a quick DCL fix till we sail in 2014.
5- meet new DCL freaks (I mean friends )
6- first time on The Magic.
7- did I mention no kids?

We drove to the Port of Miami last Saturday after we booked this cruise to see The Wonder in port. We had to leave before it set sail, if not, I probably would have tried to swim after the ship. Our last cruise on the Dream this past June was amazing and it was great to meet friends before sailing. It definitely does not seem that there are many people booked yet. Only 206 days till we set sail.

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Jennifer

Jenlikes27
Jenlikes27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Tis a great story about the cats.

Do you still have the Bengal>

Wow is the Bengal amazing?

I am a BIG animal lover. Crazy to hear of 700 cats!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #21
Silverfox97

Quote:
Tis a great story about the cats.

Do you still have the Bengal>

Wow is the Bengal amazing?

I am a BIG animal lover. Crazy to hear of 700 cats!
Oh yes, we still have the Bengal; she's amazing. She's wild. Fun, but kinda crazy. She is attached to my hubby LOL. She requires a lot of attention. which is why she might have gotten taken to the cat 'sanctuary' in the first place. We are a good family for her because we are home so much - Scott works from home and I work weekends and every other Wed. only. She would not be a good fit for a 9-5 M-F working family. Google 'Haven Acres cat sanctuary Gainesville' and you'll see the 700 cat story. Every single cat eventually got adopted out!!!

I don't know the Jacksonville 700 cat story as well - tried to stay detached from that one!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #22
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlikes27 View Post
Hi, I'm Jennifer, we just moved to South Florida and the one nice thing I can say about the transition is that I am now closer to Port Canaveral and very close to the Port of Miami. I'm super excited to sail this 2-day Cruise to Nowhere for several reasons....

1- it's our anniversary.
2- our first cruise without our 2 DD's (9 &11)
3- this cruise will make give us our CC Gold status.
4- give me a quick DCL fix till we sail in 2014.
5- meet new DCL freaks (I mean friends )
6- first time on The Magic.
7- did I mention no kids?

We drove to the Port of Miami last Saturday after we booked this cruise to see The Wonder in port. We had to leave before it set sail, if not, I probably would have tried to swim after the ship. Our last cruise on the Dream this past June was amazing and it was great to meet friends before sailing. It definitely does not seem that there are many people booked yet. Only 206 days till we set sail.

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Jennifer
Welcome Jennifer to the cruise AND to Florida!!! The cruise isn't selling like hot cakes that is for sure!!! Hoping for FL res rates!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Hey guys - I am debating this cruise. I just wished it stopped at CC like the 2 day cruise in 2014 does. If FL res rates come out, it would seal the deal. I also used up all of my "dummy" cruises on a 2014 B2B, so I may have to take this cruise in order to get a dummy cruise date for 2015.

Jenlikes27 - you live close to me now! I am about 30 min from port of Miami

silverfox - I remember you from the March Fantasy cruise Although I was not involved in the FE or meets.
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Carribean 7 nights March 2013
Disney Wonder B2B - 5 night western Caribbean and 4 night Bahamas/Key West - March 2014

Last edited by csidisney; 04-09-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: fix spelling!
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by csidisney View Post
Hey guys - I am debating this cruise. I just wished it stopped at CC like the 2 day cruise in 2014 does. If FL res rates come out, it would seal the deal. I also used up all of my "dummy" cruises on a 2014 B2B, so I may have to take this cruise in order to get a dummy cruise date for 2015.

Jenlikes27 - you live close to me now! I am about 30 min from port of Miami

silverfox - I remember you from the March Fantasy cruise Although I was not involved in the FE or meets.
Hi I too wish this two night went to CC & back.... Would be sweet if it did!! Problem is the Dream is there on Saturdays this year, so no can do.....

I've got a dummy sch to move to 2015 but I think I may need two........

Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Ah that explains the no CC stop. I wonder if we would see a discount on a 2 night cruise.
Disney Wonder B2B - 5 night western Caribbean and 4 night Bahamas/Key West - March 2014
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #26
dizzi
DIS Veteran

a fl rate would be awesome.

Has anyone ever seen a discounted 2night cruise?

If I could get even a slight discount, and could rebook my 2014 Cruise on this cruise, it would give me enough discounts to make the 2 night cruise basically free
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #27
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
a fl rate would be awesome.

If I could get even a slight discount, and could rebook my 2014 Cruise on this cruise, it would give me enough discounts to make the 2 night cruise basically free
This is my philosophy too
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #28
Silverfox97

Quote:
No - those 2-night cruises out of NY sold like hotcakes!!! Not sure how the San Diego ones are selling.

My hubby thinks this 2-night is going to be like a preview cruise for TAs and perhaps media since the Magic is going to be a 'new' ship. Or, it's a buffer in case they get delayed in dry dock (less plausible).

Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
ZoeCoerse
Earning My Ears

Hi There,

I will be sailing on this cruise with my family... it's going to be our first Disney cruise We are celebrating my daughter's 1st birthday (can't wait to dress her up as Alice in "ONE"derland).

My husband is not much of a cruise person so we picked this 2 day trip as a test run. I'm thinking this trip is going to be the start of a great beginning for us ... we are super excited about it because we LOVE Disney!!!

If anyone has any info on how the FE works please let me know... I'm all in and looking forward to cruisin' with you all!
ZoeCoerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
dizzi
DIS Veteran

welcome

how cute.......One der land...........ha

I wish it stopped somewhere, anywhere.

KEYWEST!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: