Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1021
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

just packing and my husband is panicking.

He's got a shirt and is planning on 'borrowing' a jacket since we've run out of room in the suitcase. However he's not sure about trousers. Can he wear smart black jeans, or do they have to be dress pants?

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)

Last edited by Hannikins; 04-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Hannikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #1022
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
just packing and my husband is panicking.

He's got a shirt and is planning on 'borrowing' a jacket since we've run out of room in the suitcase. However he's not sure about trousers. Can he wear smart black jeans, or do they have to be dress pants?
He'll need dress pants. No jeans allowed. Can he wear the jacket on the plane? I know several men who do that to save suitcase space.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1023
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
Thanks to this thread, I decided to bite the bullet and made reservations for Queen Victoria's room for our 25th anniversary in September.

I also have a question about outfits to wear. Usually I'm very casual so I don't have a lot of dresses other than sundresses. I do, however, have a floor length, spaghetti strap gown for those ever so often formal events. Would that be over doing it, or should I buy a LBD?

One more question, my DH is more of an eat and run kind of guy. Can the servers adjust the timing between courses? I know he'll love the experience, but he gets bored easily.
Trying this one more time...
Old 04-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #1024
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

I've only eaten there once, but my understanding is that more formal is better than less.

Timing can be adjusted, within limits. This is not a meal to rush through.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #1025
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Hello all! I have wanted to eat at this resturant for YEARS! But my husband and I are on a fixed income and were not able to. Well this year I have the money and am wondering if we should do it. But I have some questions and this seemed like the perfect place to ask them!
1) How dressy are we talking? My hubby HATES to dress up are khakis ok?
2) I know its a long meal from what I've heard but how long are we talking? 2,3,4 hours?
3)I am a HUGE wine fan but my husband is sort of picky about wine. Should we go for the pairing or just pick a bottle we both like and call it a day? Are the pairs really exciting?
4) I know there are several courses from what I've read. Are they ALL good or are some great but others ok?
I need everyones widsom here thoughs? Help lol?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #1026
engle
DIS Veteran

I would say no to khakis. We are talking pretty dressy. My husband always wears a suit and is not over dressed. And I would say around 3 hours average. The wine pairing is a must do. If you like wine even remotely, you will love the pairings. And every course in my opinion is amazing. Do it. You will not be disappointed.
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #1027
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
I've only eaten there once, but my understanding is that more formal is better than less.

Timing can be adjusted, within limits. This is not a meal to rush through.
Thank you!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #1028
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle View Post
I would say no to khakis. We are talking pretty dressy. My husband always wears a suit and is not over dressed. And I would say around 3 hours average. The wine pairing is a must do. If you like wine even remotely, you will love the pairings. And every course in my opinion is amazing. Do it. You will not be disappointed.
Thank you so much!!! I am so happy I found this thread I was so wanting to ask questions about this amazing place! I think we will give it a try Thank you so much for your wonderful, and VERY helpful, answers.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #1029
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitomo View Post
Congratulations Pink5683! This is my first post on these boards so pardon if this is too broad of a question, but I have a three day platinum plan for December. I have been to Disney a lot and except for Victoria and Alberts I believe I have eaten at all the signature restaurants. We are staying at the GF too. What are your thoughts on eating there twice in 4 nights?
I have 2 meals at V&A booked for my trip in June. In fact, I almost always eat there twice during my vacations. Because there are so many choices (including ordering some courses off of the vegetarian menu). I don't find the experience repetitive at all. For one meal, I'll sometimes do a food-pairing (basing my selection of courses off of a great bottle of wine) and then do V&A's wine pairing with the second meal.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #1030
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
Hello all! I have wanted to eat at this resturant for YEARS! But my husband and I are on a fixed income and were not able to. Well this year I have the money and am wondering if we should do it. But I have some questions and this seemed like the perfect place to ask them!
1) How dressy are we talking? My hubby HATES to dress up are khakis ok?
2) I know its a long meal from what I've heard but how long are we talking? 2,3,4 hours?
3)I am a HUGE wine fan but my husband is sort of picky about wine. Should we go for the pairing or just pick a bottle we both like and call it a day? Are the pairs really exciting?
4) I know there are several courses from what I've read. Are they ALL good or are some great but others ok?
I need everyones widsom here thoughs? Help lol?
1) Somewhat contrary to what others have posted, not everyone is super dressed up. Many men wear blazers and slacks (even dressy khakis) and collared shirts without ties. I usually get very dressed up, however (just short of black tie).

2) A meal in the main dining room is usually just short of three hours, in my experience. The courses are well-paced; I've never felt they were too slow or too fast.

3). I am a major wine geek and find that the wine pairings are generally spot-on, but not particularly memorable. The wines are mostly "value-oriented," but well-chosen. For the money, the pairings are an excellent deal (especially considering the generous pours). However, they do have an excellent wine list that rewards knowledgeable patrons with some wonderful "gems," such as ultra-high-end wines (mostly $500 and up) at less than current auction/retail prices (especially some of their Burgundies). You can also bring your own wine. Their corkage fee is reasonable. I bring my own wine about 50% of the time, but I also make sure that what I'm bringing isn't on their list.

4). Your question about the quality of the courses is purely subjective. I will say this: after numerous dinners at V&A, the worst thing I ever ate would still count as "good." And the best things have been "knock your socks off perfection." V&A is as good or better than just about any 1 or 2 Michelin starred places I've eaten. At times, it even nudges into 3-star territory.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #1031
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygoplites View Post
1) Somewhat contrary to what others have posted, not everyone is super dressed up. Many men wear blazers and slacks (even dressy khakis) and collared shirts without ties. I usually get very dressed up, however (just short of black tie).

2) A meal in the main dining room is usually just short of three hours, in my experience. The courses are well-paced; I've never felt they were too slow or too fast.

3). I am a major wine geek and find that the wine pairings are generally spot-on, but not particularly memorable. The wines are mostly "value-oriented," but well-chosen. For the money, the pairings are an excellent deal (especially considering the generous pours). However, they do have an excellent wine list that rewards knowledgeable patrons with some wonderful "gems," such as ultra-high-end wines (mostly $500 and up) at less than current auction/retail prices (especially some of their Burgundies). You can also bring your own wine. Their corkage fee is reasonable. I bring my own wine about 50% of the time, but I also make sure that what I'm bringing isn't on their list.

4). Your question about the quality of the courses is purely subjective. I will say this: after numerous dinners at V&A, the worst thing I ever ate would still count as "good." And the best things have been "knock your socks off perfection." V&A is as good or better than just about any 1 or 2 Michelin starred places I've eaten. At times, it even nudges into 3-star territory.
Thank you so much for your wonderful answers. I am so grateful for all the help!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #1032
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Anyone know if booking for the Chef's Table is at 180 + 10, or only 180? We only have one night of our vacation to fit this in so we have one shot. If not we will book the Queen Victoria room.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #1033
pink5683
Mouseketeer

It was 180+10 with a resort reservation when I made my reservation last week.

pink5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #1034
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink5683 View Post
It was 180+10 with a resort reservation when I made my reservation last week.
Thank you!

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #1035
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets

Trying this one more time...
From what people tell me, LBD would be fine.

I searched for V&A trip relax reports, to see what people wore, too. :-)
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: