Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #436
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post

Apple products do not need power converter only plug adapter. No idea on kindle.
Kindles are also dual voltage.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #437
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Kindles are also dual voltage.
Thanks so much.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #438
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Has anyone cruised DCL in the Med before? I'm wondering how much time we should allow for tendered ports?
The all ashore time for LaSpezia is 7:45am but we won't be on a DCL excursion. Maybe I should change our driver pick up time from 8:00 to 8:30
or even 9am?

It's a 9 hour tour and we'd like to be back in time for early dinner though we could make this our Palo night or eat in Topsiders.

Last edited by ruadisneyfan2; 04-13-2013 at 08:56 PM.
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #439
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Has anyone cruised DCL in the Med before? I'm wondering how much time we should allow for tendered ports?
The all ashore time for LaSpezia is 7:45am but we won't be on a DCL excursion. Maybe I should change our driver pick up time from 8:00 to 8:30
or even 9am?

It's a 9 hour tour and we'd like to be back in time for early dinner though we could make this our Palo night or eat in Topsiders.
For any tendered port, the DCL guests are generally taken ashore first, so it's wise to allow at least 30 mins for them. If you wait by the exit, you can follow the last group out normally.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #440
DisneyNurse19
Mouseketeer

I have only done Disney excursions, i would worry all day if i booked one myself and i didnt get back in time and watched the ship sailing away without me
Old 04-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #441
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
I have only done Disney excursions, i would worry all day if i booked one myself and i didnt get back in time and watched the ship sailing away without me
We are not doing any DCL excursions. But we have both traveled a lot and are not being overly ambitious in the schedule
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #442
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNurse19 View Post
We're not completely on our own. We're doing a private tour with Rome in Limo. I have asked them several times over the past few months in conversation if anyone has ever missed the ship & they said no. They'll be there at the dock holding a sign with our name on it then drop us off there too. They get awesome reviews on tripadvisor.com. Not even one little petty negative comment so I trust that they'll take care of us just fine.

Besides DCL tours being cost prohibitive for my family of 4, my parents are also cruising with us & have some mobility issues. A large group can only move along as fast as the slowest one in the group. I don't want my parents to be stressed the whole time trying to keep up. With a private tour, we can go at a slower pace. They can enjoy the tours and I won't spend $4000 in excursions. Eveyone wins!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #443
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Welcome! Have you found Tom's Port Guides yet for DIY? He "publishes" them on the internet for free and includes photo step by step how tos for the most popular ports (except for our La Spezia one).

Google it and it will come up. Super helpful. Hope you guys have a great time on your cruise!
Thanks! Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for!
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #444
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBEB View Post
Hey, we're on that same cruise and also have a DD16! Come join our cruise meet thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868430
I will! We're from Waco... and we have the same avatar.... your daughter wouldn't happen to be Chinese also? Ours are adopted from China, so they really like Mulan.

JoAnn
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #445
CBEB
We're ready to do it again!
So far, we've managed to sprinkle lots of pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
I will! We're from Waco... and we have the same avatar.... your daughter wouldn't happen to be Chinese also? Ours are adopted from China, so they really like Mulan.

JoAnn
She's adopted from Vietnam! Oh this is a great coincidence! Really hope the girls can mee!
, Hilton Head 2000, WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
CBEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #446
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
We're not completely on our own. We're doing a private tour with Rome in Limo. I have asked them several times over the past few months in conversation if anyone has ever missed the ship & they said no. They'll be there at the dock holding a sign with our name on it then drop us off there too. They get awesome reviews on tripadvisor.com. Not even one little petty negative comment so I trust that they'll take care of us just fine.
Curious to know---what time is your scheduled return time for Rome? We're using a different company and I'm not super comfortable with our return time, but my ambitious "want to see it all" personality keeps telling me it will be fine. Worse comes to worse we'll train it to Naples but still....
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #447
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Curious to know---what time is your scheduled return time for Rome? We're using a different company and I'm not super comfortable with our return time, but my ambitious "want to see it all" personality keeps telling me it will be fine. Worse comes to worse we'll train it to Naples but still....
We have asked Rome in Limo to have us back to port two hours before all aboard time which we will confirm that morning. Our logic is that if we leave Rome in time to be back two hours ahead, if we have vehicle trouble on the way back, there is time to get a replacement vehicle and have us on our way. Our kids are a little freaked out that we are going that far from port not on a DCL excursion - they are afraid we will be left behind, so we are sacrificing some time in port for their peace of mind - and to help them learn that it's ok to do things on our own as long as we have careful planning. So we figure 90 minutes drive from Rome to Civitavecchia (which I'm not sure is right - it might be closer to 75??) and we'll have our driver plan our day so we're on the port side of the city towards the end of the day.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #448
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBEB View Post
She's adopted from Vietnam! Oh this is a great coincidence! Really hope the girls can mee!
Wow, talk about your coincidences! I will PM you.

JoAnn

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128

Last edited by texasgirl29; 04-15-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #449
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Unless you love SPAM I would edit the above post and remove your email address. Just use a PM, much less likely to be be grabbed by the spam "services" (They datamine boards like this...)
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #450
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Unless you love SPAM I would edit the above post and remove your email address. Just use a PM, much less likely to be be grabbed by the spam "services" (They datamine boards like this...)
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: