Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

upcoming onsite Four Seasons - transport to parks?

Hi all -probably out of my price range, but some of my wealthy clients see me as the "Disney person" so trying to get answers on 4 Seasons set to open next year. It is scheduled to be in Golden Oak - how will hotel guests get to parks? I know for Golden Oak, there are mini-shuttle buses that pick up right at your door (presumably via a dispatcher or a set route that just stops if it sees someone? Another question I had). Will it be the same? The hotel sketches seem to show water - it is next to FW campgrounds, so maybe could they take a boat on some tributary to connect with Bay Lake? Or will it be more shuttle buses? If a whole hotel taking buses, may lessen the "tranquility" of Golden Oak community - thanks!
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

I haven't seen anything that mentioned transportation from the Four Seasons to the parks but I have seen that Four Seasons guests will not be able to drive though the residential portions of Golden Oak so I think it is safe to assume that shuttle buses from the Four Seasons also will not be going through the Golden Oak residential areas.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
I haven't seen anything that mentioned transportation from the Four Seasons to the parks but I have seen that Four Seasons guests will not be able to drive though the residential portions of Golden Oak so I think it is safe to assume that shuttle buses from the Four Seasons also will not be going through the Golden Oak residential areas.
Yeah, I think that is a given. Having looked at the website info and having read agame's review of Golder Oak today on another board, you can bet your platinum Amex that hotel shuttles will not be defiling the serenity of the residential areas. No doubt the hotel will have its own access road.

Seems to me that the hotel would be too far away for boat transportation. Construction costs of a canal big enough for launches would be mega expensive. Because so much of WDW is wildlife reserve, I think they have to jump thru a lot of hoops in order to alter any body of water.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

You can already see it rising above the tree level past the Contemporary. It will have a great fireworks view. I assume it will have a top floor lounge of some sort. I haven't checked out the pricing yet. Have you? How does it compare to Contemporary and the Waldorf?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
EmilyJ517
Mouseketeer

here's the website - I haven't really looked too much at it yet, but it definitely sounds like it will have a rooftop restaurant for fireworks! Swanky!

Our next trip: A LAND and SEA Adventure!

EmilyJ517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
You can already see it rising above the tree level past the Contemporary. It will have a great fireworks view. I assume it will have a top floor lounge of some sort. I haven't checked out the pricing yet. Have you? How does it compare to Contemporary and the Waldorf?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
According to the Four Seasons website it will have a top floor restaurant with panoramic views. Similar to the Cali Grill, I assume.

Pricing will be high, but is not yet listed on their website. I took a look at the Palm Beach resort just as an example and see that they want about $530/night for a standard room for the end of this month. That's just the base price. I have a feeling the prices for the WDW 4 Seasons will be higher.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I'm sure the Four Seasons will be well out of my Disney budget, probably more than GF CL or around the same, I would think. I'm staying at their Vegas location in August, and I plan on asking around for information about this one, maybe some rumours or info have leaked among the employees or managers!

Whatever the transportation situation, I'm sure it will be a spectacular resort!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Can't wait!

Fantastic place to stay for our first trip w/o the kids....(thinking ahead! )
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: