Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

stayed at both and while they're both lovely, the Polynesian can't be beaten! for location, for the HUGE rooms, for the relaxing tropical vibe, it's just got to be done

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
mamatobbg
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Poly last May and we were absolutely in love with the ease of transportation--especially to MK. Epcot was very convenient, too!! I've never stayed at WL, but we have stayed at AKL and YC at WDW. The transportation was just so much easier! Our kids were 7, almost 5 and 2 at the time.

However, the extra night at WL throws a wrench in it. Good luck deciding!! I honestly would love to try the WL on our next visit for theming, but I'm not sure myself as I really liked monorail or being able to walk into one of the parks (YC).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #33
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz13 View Post
stayed at both and while they're both lovely, the Polynesian can't be beaten! for location, for the HUGE rooms, for the relaxing tropical vibe, it's just got to be done
So true...the Poly is awesome.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall4539 View Post
Thanks for all the replies.... It is such a hard decision! I wish they would release the Fall deals so I could see what the rates would be... I have to book airfare now, so I can't add an extra day if the price comes down... I just need to get my head around only 6 nights!
Even if there are fall discounts such as a % off the room and/or "free dining", the Poly will always be a good deal more expensive than WL, though there have been some decent discounts in the past (though this year they seem to be pretty sparse).

It's about a tie between WL and Poly as to which is our favorite resort. We prefer the theming of WL, the hot tub at WL (Poly has no hot tub), the lobby of WL. The boat to MK from WL is very nice, and so is the bus. But there is no question that Poly has WL (and every other resort) beat hands down in terms of transportation. You can boat or monorail to MK, walk to the TTC (5 minute walk) and catch the EPCOT monorail, and bus to the other 2 parks with probably only a single quick stop at GF en route (this is a much quicker stop than, say, FW) to pick up more park goers.

We preferred Poly when our girls were younger and required stroller transportation more. From the Poly you could literally have a child sitting in a stroller all the way from your room to inside MK and EPCOT. That is a very nice feature. Now that our girls no longer need strollers, we prefer WL for the reasons I listed above, though even WL is getting priced out of our reach now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: