Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #76
poohssmum
DIS Veteran

I have been reading along from the beginning and am REALLY enjoying your trip report. I just had to share that I once had an unpleasant "hair" incident at a local restaurant. I found a hair in my chicken parm ... tried to convince myself that it was my own hair and move on. The next piece of chicken that I cut, clearly had the piece of hair under the chicken Yup, not eating any more thankyewverymuch.

Now hurry back with more updates please
Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #77
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Loving your trip report! We leave in 10 days for our 8-day on the Magic. Hoping for more of your report before we leave.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #78
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Ok so Escargot is our favorite food to talk about - the idea of it just grosses everyone out. I keep telling them that I'm going to order some so we can all try just because we can and everytime there is a trip report with a picture I call them over to look and tell them again that they should definately try them sometime. BUT everybody's pics are mainly just of the serving dish - you actually lifted one out and took a picture! That is awesome - except that know everyone is even more convinced that they're not trying them!
I was able to eat it because I wasn't really thinking about what it was but once it was in my mouth I kept picturing a big, fat, juicy snail crawling around. Put a damper on my enjoyment for sure. Still, I'm glad I tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
Just found your trip report and am subbing along. Great so far!!
Thank you! I'm glad to have you reading along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
I am finding this to be one of the most bleeping entertaining TRs I have ever read.
Bleep you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohssmum View Post
I have been reading along from the beginning and am REALLY enjoying your trip report. I just had to share that I once had an unpleasant "hair" incident at a local restaurant. I found a hair in my chicken parm ... tried to convince myself that it was my own hair and move on. The next piece of chicken that I cut, clearly had the piece of hair under the chicken Yup, not eating any more thankyewverymuch.
Ugh. Gag for all the days. I don't know what it is about other people's hair that is so gross but it's really just the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Loving your trip report! We leave in 10 days for our 8-day on the Magic. Hoping for more of your report before we leave.
If I do another update will you let me go on the ship with you? I miss the Magic.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #79
jjje

The Magic-ish Kingdom

Our next day was the day we spent in Disney World. The park tickets were included in the price of the cruise. I should mention that we were just in Disney World for ten days not that long before this. We usually do Disney World in late September/ early October when there aren't a lot of crowds. We're a little spoiled when it comes to how we're used to experiencing Disney World. On out last trip to Disney World I took about 10000 pictures (no exaggeration) so I went a little easy on the camera during this trip and just tried to enjoy the day.

We decided to stay at the Magic Kingdom the entire day and not park hop at all. We decided none of us were all that interested in dealing with getting from one park to another and that there was nothing at any of the other parks that we HAD to see. (Our table mates did three parks and I talked to a lady who's family had done all four but that just wasn't the pace we wanted to go at. More power to those people who have more energy than us!)

Our day started with breakfast at Topsiders. We were scheduled for the earliest bus out to the Magic Kingdom and for once my family was on time. I don't remember much about the drive to the parks. I think they played cartoons and America's Funniest Videos. We got the park well ahead of the opening and found a good spot to stand and watch the little opening show they do at the at the train station.

I never get to see this show during our regular vacations because my family is so pokey. I'm always chomping at the bit to get to the parks and they're all sloooooowly getting ready and/or refusing to get out of bed. I love them but one of these times I'm going to leave the hotel without them. Anyway, the little show was neat and it was fun to see some characters you don't see a lot in the parks.

Once we were allowed in we headed straight to Guest Services. J uses a Guest Assistance Card sometimes so we needed to get that right away. That took just a minute or two. I really can't say enough good things about how Disney handles guests with special needs. We've never gotten anything other than top notch treatment from them.

After taking care of business we hurried right over to Fantasyland. The last time we were in Disney World was right before the expansion opened up and we were eager to see what was new.

Can you tell J is an Oswald fan?

The decor and themeing in this area is incredible. If I had a single complaint it would be that after you leave this area you end up thinking that the rest of the park needs to be updated. I feel like they really went all out to make you feel like you're in Belle's village. Big thumbs up from all of us. Plus there's just something magical about being in the park when the sidewalks are still wet. Weird but true right?

Next we went to the Ariel ride. The line for this ride is great. There's a cute little game where you see crabs on screens run out with various objects and when you point at them they run away. I don't know how they do it but it's neat. The ride itself is very enjoyable as well. We rode it three times without having to wait in line at all.

They ask you not to take any flash pictures (not that anyone listens to that rule) so I did my best to try and snap some flashless pictures. Every one I took made Ariel look stoned.

Ariel needs a nap.

There is an area where you can meet Ariel and since there was no line we decided to go in. J doesn't like characters but he wanted to see the set up of the area so he went in and then just hid behind me while E met Ariel.

The ladies who play Ariel always make a big deal out of E because of her red hair. Guess who E's favorite charterer is? This Ariel was no exception. She was lovely and spent a good long while chatting with E. J stood behind me and tried not to be seen.

I'm sharing this picture so you can see a bit of the decorating around the Ariel ride. Also check out J's shirt because it is epic.

On out way out of that area we stopped at Gaston's Tavern to see what it looks like inside.

In case you're wondering, yes, they use antlers in all of their decorating!

We also watched them work on the new Snow White ride for a bit.

Far be it from me to question their ride making process but it seemed like there was less working and more standing around happening up there. I'm sure they know what they're doing. I always have a hard time waiting for new rides. I want them to be done now.

You can see Beast's castle in the mountains surrounding the Be Our Guest restaurant.

As I was taking this picture I heard a man ask a cast member if you were allowed to go in the castle so I guess that forced perspective thing really works on some people.

On the walls surrounding the new Snow White ride all a bunch of spots you can peek in at what they are doing. It's a good photo op.

After this we did all the other rides in Fantasyland. There was still almost no line for anything. I think we only had to use J's GAC card once or twice. We've done Disney often enough to know what lines are problematic for him and what ones we can do. Just in case anyone is wondering using a GAC does not get us on to the rides without waiting in line. It just means we use an alternate entrance so we can avoid the crowded back and forth lines that so many rides have. These make J extremely anxious and without the GAC he would not be able to do a lot of the rides at Disney World. Sometimes the GAC means our wait time is shorter but it can also mean a longer wait time in a more open area. We have gotten some flack from guests who don't understand why we need the card and who think we're skipping the lines but I really think if people understood how the card works and why they need it they would be a little kinder.

After we had done everything there was to do in Fantasyland the kids really wanted to go on the Ariel ride again. After that we stopped back in Gaston's to get a snack.

More antlers

The kids split a cinnamon roll that was about the size of my head. They reported that it was very good.

Jesse had a pork shank. He said it was good. I had a piece and thought it was kind of bland and greasy. I don't really like pork in general though.

I had a chocolate croissant.

This was really, really, really good. I came thisclose to ordering a second. The only thing that stopped me was remembering all the free food back "home" on the ship. I'm too budget conscience for my own good.

Next up we hit several of our favorite rides. In Tomorrowland: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (several times), the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and the Stitch ride which E loves for some reason. While were in in line for that we chatted a bit with a father and daughter who were on our cruise.

In Adventureland: The Jungle Cruise and Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

After we did the Haunted Mansion I got it into my head that I really, really, really wanted to eat lunch at the Be Our Guest restaurant. I knew there was a crazy line because we had passed it a few times already but I was able to convince my family we should do it since it was the only thing at the park I really wanted to try. I don't think any of them were all that excited but they agreed to humor me and we hoofed it back over to the Fantasyland. This was probably not my wisest decision.

I'm going to quit here and start up in another post. I'm paranoid about my laptop crashing and losing all my work. More to follow in a bit.

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #80
jjje

The Magical-ish Kingdom part 2

It was around this time that I started to notice the park was getting crowded. J was getting anxious and really needed a break and some quiet time. I hedged my bets and hoped that he would be ok if we could just get in to the restaurant and sit down. Bad news! There was a wait of 45 minutes just to get in. We decided to wait it out. I'll spare you the details but to suffice it to say that J was not happy. I'm not sorry that we waited since I knew this would be our only chance to try the new restaurant but I do with the wait had been a bit less ... intense.

At one point I was considering trying to hide in the castle.

He knows what I'm talking about.

The outside of the restaurant is gorgeous and looks a lot like the castle in the movie.

Awesome lions

Getting inside didn't mean the end of the line. There was still a good amount of waiting to do.

Being out of the sun helped some and there was a lot to look at. Every inch of the place is covered in intricate detail.

This gargoyle was doing a pretty good impression of J.

There were two rows of these suits of armor and they talked to each other and snored. That was kind of fun to hear and it even cheered J up a bit.

At last we got to the front of the line. It turns out the kiosks where you order were not working that day and they had to take everyone's order by hand. *sad trombone* So that explained the wait. It turns out they weren't even using one of the three dining rooms that day. The hold up was just with the ordering system. Oh well.

We were seated in the ballroom portion of the restaurant. It was just lovely. I think we were all instantly in a better mood once we were sitting down.

Our waiter spoke to us in an over the top French accent. A little cheesy but fun. It made us all smile. Also making us smile were the babies painted on the ceiling.

While we waited for our food to arrive the kids and I went into the West Wing to look around and take a picture or two. I didn't use my flash because I didn't want to disturb the other diners so my pictures are not very good.

We got a picture of the enchanted rose but it might be the worst picture I have ever taken in my life so I'm not sharing it. It's neat to see the rose though.

We went and sat back down just as our food was arriving. We all enjoyed what we ordered. I have heard some complaints that the food (especially on the kid's menu) is too "fancy" but we all really enjoyed it. I would rate the lunch as just a little more extravagant than what you can get anywhere else in the park but it's nothing crazy. It's not chicken fingers and fries and we liked that.

We were seated right by a window and we watched it "snow" as we ate.

After we were done we snuck into the unused dining room to take a couple more pictures. This is probably the least interesting of the rooms but it's still beautiful. The main attraction here is the giant music box with life sized figures.

There are also paintings and tapestries on all the walls.

We all felt refreshed and happy after our meal so we were ready to tackle the park again. It was really crowded at this point and there were times where it was difficult to walk. We hit the Haunted Mansion again because it is a favorite of everyone in our family.

Next was Frontierland. I'm not sure what was going on there but the crowds were really, really heavy. There were cast members trying to get people to stick to the right side of the path. We shuffled along for a long without moving very far.

J handled it like a champ. He had earplugs in so that helped. Once we were able to wiggle over to Big Thunder we rode it about half a dozen times. In my mind this is the perfect Disney ride. I never get sick of it.

After this we went back to Adventureland to do more of the rides we had missed before.

The alternate entrance for the Pirates of the Caribbean. We were led past a sort of work area with tools and paint buckets all over the place. There was also a big stinky dumpster. It seemed weird and un-Disney.

After this we walked around the circle of the park again hitting all the rides the kids requested we do again. We were having fun but around 7:00 we all just hit a wall. We had done everything we wanted to do and we really just wanted to get back on the ship. I said something I have never before said on any Disney vacation: "I want to go now. I'm ready to be done." Jesse was shocked since I'm usually the one wanting to stay at the parks until I'm kicked out. We started making our way to the exit but it was slow going since everyone was lining up for the Main Street Electrical Parade. We actually ended up getting so stuck on Main Street that we just ended up staying there and watching the parade. That was fun but when it was done we all REALLY wanted to get out.

We made our way back to the bus depot. As we got in line we were handed bottles of cold water. I think we only waited for about 5 minutes before a bus pulled up. We didn't get on that one but it was only another 5 minutes or so before another bus pulled up. We got on that one and watched as another cruise bus pulled in right behind us.

The ride back was quiet. The kids both fell asleep. Soon were were pulling into the port. We almost had to drag the kids off the bus because they were so tired. As we walked onto the ship we ran into our stateroom hostess walking off in her street clothes. Even though she was off duty she stopped and greeted us.

When we walked onto the ship Minnie was waving hello and greeting everyone. E was overcome by exhaustion and she suddenly started crying and just collapsed into Minnie's open arms. It was adorable/hilarious/sweet and I'm kicking myself for not pulling out my camera. Minnie rubbed E's back and patted her head and was very sweet to her. After a while we were able to pull E away from (I'm certain what was a very confused) Minnie.

We went to Topsiders for a little late dinner. While we were there we all got a little slaphappy and started giggling at the stories we could hear a man at the table next to us telling. We just couldn't stop laughing. I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts.

Dinner must have woke the kids up a bit because they both asked to go to the clubs when we were done eating. We took them and they both stayed for about an hour before wanting to be picked up. Jesse and I sat on the deck and sipped coffee while we waited for them to call us.

We went to bed that night worn out but happy. We also were secure in the knowledge that our usual plan of visiting Disney World during the off-season was the right way for us to go. It had been a fun day but man, were we ever tired!

The simplest towel animal ever greeted us. We all fell asleep quickly with Mickey Mouse cartoons playing quietly in the background.

Up next: Pirates! Pictionary! Poodles! (not really)

Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #81
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
If I do another update will you let me go on the ship with you? I miss the Magic.
Absolutely! If you can convince my husband to share the stateroom, you're in!

Quote:
We were seated right by a window and we watched it "snow" as we ate.
The host, who seated us in February, told us that the snow was the actual animation of the snow from the movie. I thought that was pretty neat!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #82
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Love the update!

So I have always been curious about this WDW-as-port-adventure thang.... So basically the ship stays docked at PC all day while people run off to the parks? We could totally do this. We are like you though - we go in November and/or very early March.... We don't know how to deal with super-heavy crowds or the heat. Well, we live in TX. We know heat well... Just not how to deal with it at WDW.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #83
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Yay for more trip reporting! My favorite read of the day. I love your writing and pictures! We leave in 9 days for this 8 day cruise and I've been trying to get the family to eat lunch at BOG on the WDW day. We are open to close park people too so I was most curious how you did the one day at the park. We do Disney cruises once or twice a year. (more familiar with cruises) We also have another Galveston cruise booked for November as well. Our WDW day is MK for most of the day. (we have a 4 year old) Then hit Animal Kingdom for a few rides and the Boneyard. Close out with Epcot Illuminations firework excursion through DCL. I can't wait!
chrisrunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #84
jjje

Sorry friends, I have been out of town and then got back and started redecorating my house. Busy, busy, buys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
The host, who seated us in February, told us that the snow was the actual animation of the snow from the movie. I thought that was pretty neat!
That's so neat! My kids will be interested in that little fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
Love the update!

So I have always been curious about this WDW-as-port-adventure thang.... So basically the ship stays docked at PC all day while people run off to the parks? We could totally do this. We are like you though - we go in November and/or very early March.... We don't know how to deal with super-heavy crowds or the heat. Well, we live in TX. We know heat well... Just not how to deal with it at WDW.
The ship docks super early in the morning and then buses take people to the park of their choice and then picks them up in the afternoon/evening. Pretty sweet setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
Yay for more trip reporting! My favorite read of the day. I love your writing and pictures! We leave in 9 days for this 8 day cruise and I've been trying to get the family to eat lunch at BOG on the WDW day. We are open to close park people too so I was most curious how you did the one day at the park. We do Disney cruises once or twice a year. (more familiar with cruises) We also have another Galveston cruise booked for November as well. Our WDW day is MK for most of the day. (we have a 4 year old) Then hit Animal Kingdom for a few rides and the Boneyard. Close out with Epcot Illuminations firework excursion through DCL. I can't wait!
You're brave to fit in three parks. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #85
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You're brave to fit in three parks. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!
We just got back from the cruise Saturday night. We had early entry to Epcot at 8 am, then went to Animal Kingdom, back to EPCOT, then on to Magic Kingdom until it closed at 10 pm. We are crazy, and we had tons of fun! However, I think I am still tired from that day.

Last edited by chrisrunty; 05-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.
chrisrunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #86
sager1969
Mouseketeer

You are an amazing mom and way cool to have gifted those families. My son suffers from anxiety and has some sensory issues, but he loves anything Disney. We also, looooveeee YouTube. Surprises are out of the question, but it prevents meltdowns or unhappiness. My DS -12 did say that he would like to surprised once with a trip to WDW. I was shocked.

Loving your pics. I will never look at a towel elephant the same bleeping way again. My son prefers to hang out with just one or two people so the Edge was not his thing. He did go a few times and also enjoyed the sports deck. He got brave on our cruise. This was really out first time to let him have a little freedom. i think it was harder on me than him. His favorite thing was watching Disney movies on demand. He managed to go to several things and still watch about 7 movies in four days. I was impressed with how J handles things. What an awesome kid! I love E's reaction on seeing Minnie.

Thanks for sharing!
BLT - 3/2012; Dream/BWV - 6/2012; Magic - 10/2012;
ALK - 3/2013; Aulani - 6/2013; DVC Dream/AKV - 10/2013; Christmas Dream/WL - 12/2013;
AKL - 3/2014; Wonder - 6/2014; ABD Backstage magic - 7/2014
sager1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #87
triff411
Earning My Ears

Does the entertainment change when they are in Europe?
triff411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #88
jjje

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
We just got back from the cruise Saturday night. We had early entry to Epcot at 8 am, then went to Animal Kingdom, back to EPCOT, then on to Magic Kingdom until it closed at 10 pm. We are crazy, and we had tons of fun! However, I think I am still tired from that day.
I'm tired just thinking about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager1969 View Post
You are an amazing mom and way cool to have gifted those families. My son suffers from anxiety and has some sensory issues, but he loves anything Disney. We also, looooveeee YouTube. Surprises are out of the question, but it prevents meltdowns or unhappiness. My DS -12 did say that he would like to surprised once with a trip to WDW. I was shocked.

Loving your pics. I will never look at a towel elephant the same bleeping way again. My son prefers to hang out with just one or two people so the Edge was not his thing. He did go a few times and also enjoyed the sports deck. He got brave on our cruise. This was really out first time to let him have a little freedom. i think it was harder on me than him. His favorite thing was watching Disney movies on demand. He managed to go to several things and still watch about 7 movies in four days. I was impressed with how J handles things. What an awesome kid! I love E's reaction on seeing Minnie.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading my bleeping trip report. It sounds like our kids would get along well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triff411 View Post
Does the entertainment change when they are in Europe?
On the ship? I'm not sure. This was my first cruise and I don't know what they do on European cruises. Maybe I will have to research that someday.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #89
jjje

So I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Real life just snuck in and got in the way of my finishing my trip report. When I left off we had spent the day at Disney World. Let's see if I can get back in the trip report groove.

Our next day was a sea day. We all slept pretty late because we were worn out from the day before. Disney World does that to you. As usual once we got up we had breakfast at Topsiders. As we were all carrying out trays to a table someone ran right into E and sent her cup of juice flying. E instantly started crying because both she and her breakfast were covered in juice. As cast member appeared out of nowhere and took her tray away. Before I could even get E calmed down and cleaned up the cast member was back with a new clean tray and breakfast that was exactly the same as her original one (right down the the number of slices of salami) but without being soaked in juice. I wish I had noted that cast member's name. I admire her lightning fast breakfast replacing skills.

After breakfast we dropped E off at the Lab so she could play the 4th Pig's Pasta Palace and Gaga Ball. J came with us to Diversions to do a family trivia game. If I recall correctly we did terribly and lost at trivia. Or maybe this was the time we won ear buds. Ack! I'm too far out from the cruise and getting confused. Yes, I think this is when we won ear buds. J asked for an extra pair for his sister and the cast member gave them to us. J has been using his ever since we got home.

Next we slowly wandered over to the Promenade Lounge to play Pictionary. J was picked as a team captain. He got to draw first. Somehow the people on our team managed to guess 8 of his drawings in spite of the fact that most of them were tiny and and well... unidentifiable.

It was really just one guy on our team who managed to guess most of the answers. It was a lot of fun to play either way. I think our team won because we were ahead by 20 but all of the sudden J really wanted to leave and get to the Edge for a scavenger hunt so I guess I'll never know for sure.

At this point I have kind of a blank spot in my memory. I know I was alone because Jesse had a headache and had gone to take a little nap. I probably went and ate a bacon and brie sandwich because bacon and brie is good for your soul even if it's not so good for any other part of you.

At some point I rounded my family up and we went to lunch at Parrot Cay. (Please forget the fact that I had just eaten a bacon and brie sandwich.)

The best part about eating lunch at Parrot Cay was that we didn't have to sit back in the corner like we did at dinner. My personal opinion is that the buffet options are just a little better at Parrot Cay than they are at Topsiders.

After lunch we dropped E back off a the Lab and the rest of us went to Rockin' Bar D to play Family Magic Quest.

How can I describe this game? Other than to say it is the best game ever in the whole world? It was like a scavenger hunt but with everything you needed right in the room but 100 times more fun that I'm making it sound. Each team had a captain that would run the things up to the front once they found them. When people found an object it looked like this:
We teamed up with another family of three. We did pretty well I think even though at one point the tallest female on the team (me) was supposed to do a dance and I sort of chickened out and ran off the stage. Ok, I might have lost us the game with that move. It didn't even matter though because it was so fun. At one point Jesse and the other guy on our team had to join hands and skip back and forth. The guy running the game was the same one who had picked Jesse out of the crowd to dance at the Sail Away party and I think he would have been happy to let Jesse skip back and forth all day. They were skipping long after everyone else had sat down. It was pretty funny. Well, it was to me anyway. I would have cried if I had been up there.

After losing at Family Magic Quest we went to Diversions to play Disney trivia. I think we lost at this. *sad trombone* J wanted to go to the Edge for a while so Jesse and I stayed in Diversions to play Movie Quote trivia. We teamed up with a really nice lady and had a nice chat with her about other cruise lines and how she thought Disney compared. We met so many nice people on out cruise. It almost made up for the large and rather obnoxious crowd we kept running into. (It's a small ship. You kind of can't avoid people. We just learned to laugh it off.)

Next up, more trivia! This time it was pirate trivia in the Promenade Lounge.

The Lounge is a good place to get an adult drink when you've abandoned your children at the clubs. Notice how I haven't mentioned E at all? This was her perfect day. She spent it playing Gaga Ball and Marble Mania and doing Eggsperiments and Wii Sports and doing crafts and being awesome. E is always awesome.

But I digress. This drink was also awesome. I think it was my one non-drink of the day that I had. It was really yummy.

We lost at pirate trivia. It turns out we know less about pirates than we do about everything else. *sad trombone again*

Another blank spot in my memory. Another time I was probably eating bacon.

I was never able to walk past the lobby without trying to get at least one good picture.

Jesse and I decided to check out the Quiet Cove. This is the only time we really spent there. It was nice and quiet. I guess that's what you can say about it. Not really our deal. We like trivia and making fools of ourselves in front of people.

I suspect it was extra quiet that day because it just wasn't really warm enough to be in the pool.

At last we decided to collect the kids and go see that night's show in the Walt Disney Theater.
The show was described as "The Comedy and Hypnosis of Ricky Kalmon". Oof. Not our favorite. I don't really believe in hypnotism so the show would have had to have been pretty good to impress me but I'm sad to say that it just wasn't. I really felt like the one or two people who were acting hypnotized were plants. There were a couple of funny gags but overall the whole thing really fell flat. Even E, who up until that point had been enchanted by everything, thought it wasn't very good. Maybe we're just exceptionally cynical.

After the show we went to our room to get ready for dinner. It was Pirate night and J and E both had pirate clothes to change into. Well, sort of. J had a pirate short and E had a pirate dress and princess pirate Mickey ears. We didn't go all out. I didn't realize before the cruise how into the whole Pirate thing some people got. We felt a little lame with how under-dressed we were.

Photobucket is acting up so I will continue this at another time. Next up, Pirates Ahoy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: