Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #76
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I can't imagine going to the parks and not hopping. The flexibility is great. I'm sure you'll love it.

Especially going from experiencing F&W to an evening in MK. It's fun to be able to experience the best that 2 parks have to offer in one day.

But you're still wrong for cancelling Via Napoli.

Good luck! It is well worth it!

We can't wait to try the hopping, now that they have announced that they are doing special things at Animal Kingdom one day we may hop there too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa 80 View Post
Via Napoli is VERY good! You will have to put it on your list for next time. Their desserts are some of my favorite anywhere.

Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
First hopping day?! I remember researching for my very first WDW trip in 2008 and debating between PH's and one day, one park tickets. Their is a significant price difference but we didn't want to be 'stuck' at one park in case we didn't like it. Now it's a MUST and we will always work it in to our budget now.

I haven't been to Casey's either and I hear it's good

Did you have to pay a lot for the photopass share?

Oh gosh hope he's okay!
We are VERY lucky the military tickets include a hopper! I am worried once we get it though we won't be able to go back Lucky is just fine, is in just a big BABY. He is so funny! Our share worked out to be $20! We were on the fence about getting it, until I found someone I knew doing a share!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #77
My sister's princess

Day 7 - Hollywood Studios - 4/23

Last year we decided we wanted 2 days in Magic Kingdom so that we could spend our anniversary just wandering together and not worrying about following a plan. Because we only had 4 days of tickets we had to give up a park... and we chose not to visit Hollywood Studios. We have a half day here earlier in the week, but this is our full day.

The real mission is to get into Indiana Jones. We have never seen the show, and it was one of the few requests from Josh, so it on top of the MUST DO list!

I would share the step by step, but it appears Touringplans.com is moving servers today, and I can't get to my plans!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #78
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Day 7 - Hollywood Studios - 4/23

Last year we decided we wanted 2 days in Magic Kingdom so that we could spend our anniversary just wandering together and not worrying about following a plan. Because we only had 4 days of tickets we had to give up a park... and we chose not to visit Hollywood Studios. We have a half day here earlier in the week, but this is our full day.

The real mission is to get into Indiana Jones. We have never seen the show, and it was one of the few requests from Josh, so it on top of the MUST DO list!

I would share the step by step, but it appears Touringplans.com is moving servers today, and I can't get to my plans!!!
To me, Hwood isn't a full day. I don't ever ride anything but toy story, muppets, star tours, and little mermaid show!
Indiana jones is quite cool, though!

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #79
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
To me, Hwood isn't a full day. I don't ever ride anything but toy story, muppets, star tours, and little mermaid show!
Indiana jones is quite cool, though!
It's a boy park. Josh loves it, and I love Fantasmic!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #80
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
It's a boy park. Josh loves it, and I love Fantasmic!
I love this park! I think there are a ton of things to do, even though I won't do TOT again... freaked me out!!! I hate being "dropped." I still haven't done RR but maybe this time? ......I dunno. I love the Great Movie Ride too. Fantasmic is our very last stop before heading home... such a good way to end our vacations.

I keep hearing cool things about the Magic of Disney Animation, but not sure about that... Haven't really explored that part of the park... but the Jack Sparrow attraction seems SUPER interesting!!! It looks like it just opened in December.

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #81
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I love the Studios! I'll be the first to admit though, that it does need more to do. It isn't exactly family friendly, but I'm a thrill ride junkie, so with Star Tours, ToT and Rock n Rollercoaster, they've pretty much got about the best combination in a park that Disney has to offer. Then you've got the best dark ride on property in the park to. Once you get past the top 4 rides there it gets a little weak though...

I like the Indiana Jones show. I know there are a lot of varying opinions about that particular show, but I always enjoy it when I get to see it. It is cheesy and has explosions. What's not to like?
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #82
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I love the Studios! I'll be the first to admit though, that it does need more to do. It isn't exactly family friendly, but I'm a thrill ride junkie, so with Star Tours, ToT and Rock n Rollercoaster, they've pretty much got about the best combination in a park that Disney has to offer. Then you've got the best dark ride on property in the park to. Once you get past the top 4 rides there it gets a little weak though...

I like the Indiana Jones show. I know there are a lot of varying opinions about that particular show, but I always enjoy it when I get to see it. It is cheesy and has explosions. What's not to like?
How could I have forgotten STAR TOURS!!!! We go on this one multiple times. I love that you don't know which places you will get when you sit down. Indiana Jones show is good... especially to get a place to rest your feet for a little bit.

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #83
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I STILL haven't done all there is to do in DHS. I haven't seen Indiana Jones, LMA, been into that art place or done Star Tours! Clearly we don't use our time wisely at this park.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: