Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #1216
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi ladies!

Just back from a.....date night with DH! He was given some Toronto Maple Leaf tickets at work, so we went to the hockey game downtown tonight. They played the Montreal Canadians, a classic rivalry, it was a good game! My parents came and watched the girls. It was a much needed break for us, and we had fun! I still like my DH.

Just wanted to share, these date nights are few and far between!

And we got to talk Disney too! Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Jen
Wooohooooo for date night!!!!

It's always so nice to get one on one time with DH.

Our next date night is on 4/24 at Yachtsman Steakhouse - I cannot wait!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #1217
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

That's the BEST date night ....
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #1218
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Awfully quiet here today! :-) hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Well, i was out at paddle practice all morning, finally dusted myself off from a winter break, lol. And Coach was out Payin the price today my friends! Sore Then had dinner company! At least it stopped raining!

Quote:
Hi ladies!

Just back from a.....date night with DH! He was given some Toronto Maple Leaf tickets at work, so we went to the hockey game downtown tonight. They played the Montreal Canadians, a classic rivalry, it was a good game! My parents came and watched the girls. It was a much needed break for us, and we had fun! I still like my DH.

Jen
Sounds like a great night!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #1219
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Talk me down from the ledge! My first day I have booked Pop with BB offer. Cause I figured it wouldn't be a full day, with having to drive up from Lauderdale 3 hrs, then have to do a little grocery shopping for snacks and breakfast stuff- bagels, yogurt, OJ, wine etc. Then we'd be there for GF check in next day first thing in the morning. The main reason I booked Pop in the first place!!
But NOW, I'm thinking well, maybe ......just switch pop for another GF day Then again, with the money saved with staying Pop that first night would buy a few meals ugh
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #1220
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Talk me down from the ledge! My first day I have booked Pop with BB offer. Cause I figured it wouldn't be a full day, with having to drive up from Lauderdale 3 hrs, then have to do a little grocery shopping for snacks and breakfast stuff- bagels, yogurt, OJ, wine etc. Then we'd be there for GF check in next day first thing in the morning. The main reason I booked Pop in the first place!!
But NOW, I'm thinking well, maybe ......just switch pop for another GF day Then again, with the money saved with staying Pop that first night would buy a few meals ugh
You are right! The difference between even one night at Pop vs GF will pay for something anyway! :-) although I keep making sure I shouldn't add another day at CR as opposed to staying 2 nights offsite... :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #1221
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Hi ladies!

Jen
WOOT!! I'm glad y'all had a good night.

Quote:

Don't do it!! If it were more than one night, I would agree it would be a good move. For just one night, I would stay put.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #1222
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi ladies!

Jen
So glad you had a great night!!! I love a good hockey game DH and I are about due for a date night, it's been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I need to catch up, but I'm too busy crying. The DH keeps using words like "dug out" and "quarter" when talking about the game he just went to. I know I'm being a big 'ol baby about it, but it is what it is. The DH's dad did try and get me a ticket and it didn't work.

Well poo I had stopped crying and then he tells me Hatcher was there, and now come the flow again.
I hope the tears finally stopped Stinks that FIL could not get you a ticket for the game. Just focus on BC

Quote:

Woohoo, Disney Date Night

Quote:
Don't do it!!! Although... DH hates the idea of changing resorts so we just go up early the morning we want to start our trip. I wanted to go up last time and stay at Pop the night before and DH said no, he just wanted to check into CR and be done with it. What time are you planning on leaving FLL? I am sure it is a lot, but how much is the difference between Pop and GF?

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #1223
babyberger
DIS Veteran

We have had a quiet weekend here for the most part. We took the kids to the park and to the nature center today and it was HOT! Summer has arrived in South Florida and that means it is time for me to hibernate I honestly HATE the heat and have no idea how I ended up down here

DH gave me a bit of hard time last night about BLT, said we could stay off prop in a bigger place for half the price. I know he is right, but I love staying on prop and the conveniences it has. I reminded him that he asked me what I wanted for my 40th bday next year, so I said I want BLT. He looked at me and said, really you want a trip to Disney with the kids for your 40th I said, well no, if I could have anything that is not my first choice. But given that we don't have family that can watch our kids while we go away and I don't want to go somewhere without him, that Disney would have to do. Disney is easy for us, we know we can get a GAC and that they can accommodate Steven's gluten free diet. It just makes sense.

In the meantime I am going to focus on our long weekend trip over Memorial Day weekend to parent's new house on the west coast of FL and then our summer beach trip with my parents and his brother and his family

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #1224
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Changed once again...

Switched from FW cabins to Finding Nemo family suite...selling feature...walk in shower! Love it

Going in September, so may change again based on code for deals!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #1225
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Changed once again...

Switched from FW cabins to Finding Nemo family suite...selling feature...walk in shower! Love it

Going in September, so may change again based on code for deals!
I think the suites look so cute!!! If BLT doesn't pan out for me we may look into these suites as well.

My Trip Reports:

Old 04-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #1226
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Well gang, it seems like I have been away forever. I was sooooo far behind. It was difficult to get back into the regular routine after the hs musical this year. I also volunteered to organize the band storage room that had gotten out of control... When asked to donate, don't go to Costco and buy supersize... It never goes away. That mess was just a prep for my spring break... we had a dumpster delivered Friday, did the garage over the weekend and start the basement tomorrow. Yes, spring break at home while everyone else is in florida or myrtle or France - hs spring sports it's a downer
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #1227
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

3 more days!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #1228
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

3 more days!!!
So excited for you!! Jealous too, but excited. :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #1229
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Well, I have to give the IRS props. Finally got around to getting the taxes done on the 4th and the refunds hit the account last Thursday and Friday... Pretty good.

Jen- reading about your dentist visit. Our dentist is a friend..so it is a lot easier to go

Don't remember if I gave you all the rundown for the summer visit. We leave on June 21st- that's the last day of school, so Justin better not have any make-up exams! We are going to Gettysburg, Charleston and St. Augustine on the way down. Arrive sometime on the 25th and leave July 5. Decided on a quick service plan, so limited reservations needed. Le Cellier on July 1 and Liberty Tree on July 4. Jerry and I at Narcossee's- we will say its our 25th, which is July 23rd. Will probably also hit the Plaza and Via Napolis.

Have a great day all
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #1230
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Trying the gym again...last time I did this my surgical site was pretty pissed off. It's almost 6 months since surgery (and a lot more pounds) so hoping I remain pain free!!!! I need to follow Pas' lead and start shedding those pounds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by babyberger; 04-15-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: