Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #1636
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorb73 View Post
In the upper right corner of this page there is a pull down menu called "thread tools" - click on the arrow and then a text like "subscribe to this thread" will appear - click it and you are subscribe!
By commenting on a thread, you subscribe too. Unless that has changed!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #1637
jas792
Earning My Ears

Positive Thinking --- just made all my dining reservations for August 25th till Sept 3rd - only thing I coulnt get was Be Our guest........:bana na:
jas792 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #1638
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmom31 View Post
I fly out of Buffalo so may be quite different. I bought our tickets for September when the dates were first released, from Southwest. I got straight through both ways for $750 less then what they were a few days ago. Prices change a lot day to day. I was always told the best time is about 3 months before travel time or check Tuesday and Wed. I forgot which day but one has lower prices.

I have tried JetBlue but they never have a nonstop, if it is it's a lot more expensive. There are 5 of us in our family and we go every year or every 2. I have paid as much as 1500 but 1250 is the norm. I paid 1149 this time. We normally travel in July, August and once in December. It's like a darn game because of our family size. I hate to spend so much money just to get there. I only use JetBlue and Southwest because I refuse to pay for luggage.
I just flew JetBlue into Buffalo two weeks ago - too bad they don't go direct. We are also a family of five, so I feel your pain! $1149 is great! This year I paid 1300 for May and 1280 for August from JFK-MCO.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #1639
Hayden519
Earning My Ears

Subscribe

Subscribe
Hayden519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #1640
jmmiller
Mouseketeer

Would you mind putting me on the list too. We're going Nov 30-Dec 7.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #1641
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post

I just flew JetBlue into Buffalo two weeks ago - too bad they don't go direct. We are also a family of five, so I feel your pain! $1149 is great! This year I paid 1300 for May and 1280 for August from JFK-MCO.
It's crazy , when I saw that price I booked right away. It's the lowest we have paid in quite a few years. I thought if it gets any lower or if we don't go at least Southwest let's you change for free. I don't mind stops when it's DH and I traveling alone. When we have the kids it's much easier to go nonstop.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #1642
Kat016
DIS Veteran

I just found airfare last night for $814 for 4 of us non stop. I have to drive an hr and a half to the airport but it saved me $300. Ill sacrifice the drive for that.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #1643
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

We recently booked an unbelievable fare with Frontier - 567 ROUND TRIP for my family of 5. We are flying out of a small civil airport in Wilmington DE, the same distance from our house as Philadelphia where the best flight I could find was through southwest at $114 per flight (which is still pretty good - but double what I paid with Frontier). Anyway, I mention it for those of you still looking for airfare (particularly traveling from the Philadelphia area) as I know the airline is trying to expand and testing different markets, so you may just be able to find a deal near your home town as well!! Happy hunting!!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #1644
alm99
Earning My Ears

Was free dining only offered in January for only two years? 2011 and 2012?

We went in 2012 under free dining and want to do it again in 2014, but it looks like the free dining promo for that time frame was an anomaly since they didn't do it this year, 2013?
alm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #1645
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alm99 View Post

We went in 2012 under free dining and want to do it again in 2014, but it looks like the free dining promo for that time frame was an anomaly since they didn't do it this year, 2013?
In 2010 there was a kids stay/play/dine plan from march - August I think? Not free dining as a whole, but a good discount for those who took advantage of it. They have been consistently saying they are trying to scale back the large scale discounts, so it is unfortunately possible that the first 'hit' to the free dining is to take out the Jan/Feb as it has not been as consistent as the late summer/fall dates. There really isn't anyway to know what will happen in the future .... Still waiting with baited breath on whether or not there will be free dining this year at all .....

The Mousesavers website shows a very thorough breakdown of when offers were made available and what they were for. It only goes back 3 years though. There are members who post here who have kept their own records back much further.

Lets all think good happy thoughts!!!!

Last edited by mouserrificmom; 04-15-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #1646
CourtneyM86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post
We recently booked an unbelievable fare with Frontier - 567 ROUND TRIP for my family of 5. We are flying out of a small civil airport in Wilmington DE, the same distance from our house as Philadelphia where the best flight I could find was through southwest at $114 per flight (which is still pretty good - but double what I paid with Frontier). Anyway, I mention it for those of you still looking for airfare (particularly traveling from the Philadelphia area) as I know the airline is trying to expand and testing different markets, so you may just be able to find a deal near your home town as well!! Happy hunting!!
That's amazing!! Congrats! Love hearing when people find great deals like that - it's the best feeling!
CourtneyM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #1647
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I live an hour west of Philly and I'm more than willing to drive to new castle for that fare. Southwest and AirTran were going to be about $1200 for my family of 4. We are flying with frontier as well!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #1648
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alm99 View Post

No. Free dining for late summer/ early fall started in 2005. In 2009 they started offering the late fall/early winter (Oct - Dec) and the late winter/early spring dates (Jan - Mar) free dining dates.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #1649
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

In 2010 there was a kids stay/play/dine plan from march - August I think? Not free dining as a whole, but a good discount for those who took advantage of it. They have been consistently saying they are trying to scale back the large scale discounts, so it is unfortunately possible that the first 'hit' to the free dining is to take out the Jan/Feb as it has not been as consistent as the late summer/fall dates. There really isn't anyway to know what will happen in the future .... Still waiting with baited breath on whether or not there will be free dining this year at all .....
The Kids Stay and Play( no dining included in that discount) was last offered in 2010, August - iOctober - same dates as the free dining promo that year.

Disney tells the stockholder every year that they are cutting back on discounts, but nothing too consistent has happened yet. The fact is, deep discounts like free dining are what keep their resorts and parks filled at what would otherwise be extremely low crowd seasons.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #1650
gregg3g
Earning My Ears

Subscribe

Subscribe to Free Dining Watch
gregg3g is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: