Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Resort (Best Bussing, Closest walking distance, nicest overall, kid-friendly)
Coronada Springs (we are booked here, but thinking of switching) 34 66.67%
Caribean Beach 10 19.61%
Pop Century (stayed here twice, but was thinking of a change) 6 11.76%
All Star Movies 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #31
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiegirl View Post
We really cannot stay at French Quarter because of price. We are at the top of out budget with CSR, but seriously thinking of going back to ASM because of the bussing situation and size or resort.
If you feel more comfortable with a value. I say go with that. I have stayed at CSR and didn't find it big. But the values are more compact and just are set up that really no room is that far. Plus you mentioned budget and if you are at the top then maybe a value would be better for this trip.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
jess20k
DIS Veteran

We love Coronado Springs so much! We are returning again in a few weeks. I like to now book a preferred room since they started offering them. It is a little more money, but worth it to us. We love the Casitas Section, especially Casitas 3! It is near El Centro. The resort is absolutely gorgeous! The pool is amazing too! We have always had a wonderful experience here. Great Cast Members and clean rooms! CSR is definitely our favorite mod.

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #33
maryj11
DIS Veteran

We stayed there a few years ago. I thought the buses were the fastest I have been on and we have stayed at WL,POP,POR,ASM,and POLY. We were at CSR during labor day week and I really thought they were super quick but then again it was off season. I thought the food area's were fine, they also an outdoor area to eat at. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the walk to the main building. But you can get a preferred room and be closer. My grand daughter really enjoyed the pool and slide, while I enjoyed the huge hot tub. I did not think the room was dingy at all, dont know where that came from ? CSR is way better than POP or ASM in my opinion.

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #34
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

OP--If you are looking on Trip Adviser, CSR actually has a better rating that CBR. And POFQ is miles ahead of either of them.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #35
Jetta8300
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure CBR is actually BIGGER than CSR... So if you are looking for a shorter walk, switching to CBR will not help you at all.

We stayed at Coronado last trip and absolutely LOVED it, much more than the deluxe Contemporary resort. It is absolutely beautiful, and we didn't think the walk was very long at all to the main building. We stayed in the Cabanas section, but it was a bit further out and right next to the Ranchos. The rooms were great in every way, and abolutely loved the food offered there in both the Maya Grill and Pepper Market, again much better than the Contemporary in our opinion.

We are probably going to do POR next trip because we like variety, but the CSR will be tough to beat. Don't pay attention to trip advisor reviews either, I can't believe the nitpicking people do at some of the wonderful places we have stayed in WORLDWIDE.
Jetta8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #36
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Out of your choices I'd pick CSR. It's my second favorite mod after POR. And like others have mentioned already CBR is more more spread out than CSR.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #37
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

We have stayed at 3 of the mods, CSR, CBR, and POR, and really like them all very much. All are very pretty. We didn't find the walks too bad at all at any of them, unless it was during the hottest time of day. I would not book a value instead of a mod. A mod makes me feel like I'm really on vacation with it's lush grounds and views. The values are too much concrete, imo. I want something more tranquil, especially after a long day in the parks.
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: