DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #1891
Apps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
lovin'fl, I hear you. Lately it seems like Fidelity has the most inventory though. Went through TTS last time and had a great experience - just haven't seen many listings I am looking for with them lately. Luckily I am not in a rush so I will watch over the next several months and hope things get better for the buyers.
Weird how the one with the worst service has the most inventory :D
Apps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #1892
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
They are the one linked to Disney so probably don't have to work so hard at it.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #1893
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They have the most inventory because Disney refers them directly. If you wanted or needed to sell and did not know about resale you would probably call MS and ask how you would go about selling - they then send you Fidelity's information and Fidelity HAS to take all listings sent their way even if they are crazy resale prices that won't sell. I wish TSS had more inventory that is the way I would prefer to go but they just have not had what I am looking for.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #1894
Apps
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
They have the most inventory because Disney refers them directly. If you wanted or needed to sell and did not know about resale you would probably call MS and ask how you would go about selling - they then send you Fidelity's information and Fidelity HAS to take all listings sent their way even if they are crazy resale prices that won't sell. I wish TSS had more inventory that is the way I would prefer to go but they just have not had what I am looking for.
Thanks for the information. Makes sense to make the resale more painful so they buy direct
Apps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #1895
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Makes sense to make the resale more painful so they buy direct

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1896
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going the resale route no matter how many tries it takes.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #1897
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Maybe they will slow down ROFR-
DCV News:

"Despite a resurgence in sales for Disney's Boardwalk Villas, overall sales declined in March 2013 for the nine Disney Vacation Club resorts for which sales data is available. For the month, Disney Vacation Development sold 125,029 Disney Vacation Club points, a drop of 7.1% compared to the previous month."

"It is questionable whether Disney Vacation Development can sustain better than average sales for Beach Club, Vero Beach, Wilderness Lodge, and Boardwalk Villas. Except for Boardwalk Villas, sales for each resort declined in March '13 compared to February '13. Boardwalk sold 7.6% more points in March '13, but the rate of sales slowed in the latter half of the month. After the first week in March, Boardwalk was on pace to sell over 30,000 points for the month, but by the end of the month it had sold only 19,635 points."

My glass is obviously half full.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #1898
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Maybe they will slow down ROFR-
DCV News:

"Despite a resurgence in sales for Disney's Boardwalk Villas, overall sales declined in March 2013 for the nine Disney Vacation Club resorts for which sales data is available. For the month, Disney Vacation Development sold 125,029 Disney Vacation Club points, a drop of 7.1% compared to the previous month."

"It is questionable whether Disney Vacation Development can sustain better than average sales for Beach Club, Vero Beach, Wilderness Lodge, and Boardwalk Villas. Except for Boardwalk Villas, sales for each resort declined in March '13 compared to February '13. Boardwalk sold 7.6% more points in March '13, but the rate of sales slowed in the latter half of the month. After the first week in March, Boardwalk was on pace to sell over 30,000 points for the month, but by the end of the month it had sold only 19,635 points."

My glass is obviously half full.
The question, though, is whether or not the sales were down due to lack of inventory. Look at how many people got on wait lists for resorts at the end of February and through March. If there were not many point to be had, then it would play a role in how many were sold during that month...just something to ponder...

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #1899
arachnib
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!

Quote:
Not having good luck with Fidelity.
Called and talked to Shawn (a couple of weeks ago) in the early morning. I told her I am aware it is a sellers market right now but I want to put in a lower offer on a contract and I want to put in a 48 hour stipulation on it because I don't want to be held up if something else comes along. She said not to worry because this seller will respond quickly. She then said, 'I will get back to you after I speak to her.' and she was going to hang up.
I asked 'How much are you telling her I am offering?' (because I hadn't said the amount yet). She laughed and said 'Yes, I need to know that.'

Needless to say, late in the evening the next night I called to check because I had not heard from her. She had me hold while she went through emails. She said 'She refused and said the offer was too low.' I asked if I could make another higher offer. She said 'Yes' and took the offer. Shawn then said she was going to try to get the woman on the phone this time.
I never heard back but noticed the listing was removed from the site last week.

Last week (it might have been Tuesday but I think it was Wed.) I called her to put an offer in on another contract (I wanted to pay asking price on this one). She was on another line and I was told she would call me back if I left a voice mail.
Still waiting.......
If I see another Fidelity contract I am interested in, is it okay to ask for the other agent (I believe her name is Sharon?) - or is it already assumed I have to deal w/Shawn because she already spoke to me a couple of times? I am not looking to cause an issue among them.

I understand it is busy for them but it still seems like she should be a bit more organized w/customer service. I don't have any confidence in her.

(I realized I probably should have started a new thread rather then post here - sorry)
Hey Splashboat -

When I call to talk to Shawn and she is on the other line, I tell the operator I will hold for her. Sometimes the operator comes back on 5 or 6+ times to ask if I want to hold or leave a voice message, but I hold. I held for 35 minutes one time, ... but i got to talk to her and ask all my questions. It was worth the wait. I had the phone on speaker phone and went on working on the computer, so I wasn't really put out.

Arachnib

arachnib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #1900
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Thanks for the input
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #1901
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Thumbs up

Good luck to all of you waiting on news tomorrow and Tuesday! Fingers crossed!
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #1902
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
Good luck to all of you waiting on news tomorrow and Tuesday! Fingers crossed!
Thanks! Tomorrow is day 27. I assume I will be getting news either way. Someone was just ROFR'ed a few days ago with the same use year so we'll see. They submitted 5 days after I did so I am hopeful... I plan to continue looking at resale. I will not go direct.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #1903
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
You can ask for Sharon. I was dealing with Rachel before she quit and had some issues and started dealing with Sharon. Though, that wasn't tremendously better and we ended up not buying through them. Not sure why folks continue to use http://www.fidelityresales.com/dvc-resales.php and pay that ridiculous $195 fee to do so.
We're in the middle of closing, and my wife just said that today, that the Fidelity people really weren't that good. But for the reasons given (great info everyone), it makes sense they had a contract we wanted. It was worth the $195 (and so-so service) to get what we did.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #1904
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

I have to say that I purchased my BCV contract via resale thought Fidelity, last August. Quite honestly things could not have possibly gone any smoother. It was a simple and painless process....although somewhat long...like 9 weeks. Everyone that I dealt with at Fidelity was wonderful and always answered my questions promptly and professionally. No complaints here.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #1905
brhalstea
The Dismeister

Submitted for ROFR 4/12/2013. Saratoga Springs 175pts/ $55 All 12 13 and 14 points. Feb UY.
Fingers crossed
brhalstea is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: