Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #1711
cruzisme
Earning My Ears

Got our cabin #

Yes we now have our cabin--looks great for location!
And decided to book our Cartegena tour with the cruise line.
Too late for us to get Palo but will try once on board.
Sunshine here plus the local daffodil flower show is going on today!

What do you ladies do for daytime wear? Capris and tops?
cruzisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #1712
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckjunkie View Post
Greetings all,

First time posting on DISBoards.

We will be cruising on the Westbound Panama Canal Cruise, leaving May 6th. It will be our 5th Disney Cruise (2nd WBPC) and looking forward to it! Packing for the trip and noticed we have a Disney World Pirate League costume, size Boys XL, bought back in The World in 2010. It's still in great shape, only worn by our son a couple of times. It's too small for him now. We were going to donate locally with other clothes during spring cleaning, but thought maybe someone looking for a costume for their child for the Pirates in the Caribbean party on the ship would be interested, no charge. If interested, please PM me and I we can arrange to meet on the ship somewhere to drop it off. Assuming there's interest, we'll give it to the first legit PM. Cheers.
That is very nice of you! Glad you have joined the DIS. Check out the first page of this thread for some good information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
We are 3 households, but please don't go to too much trouble as we're just doing the FE for fun and don't expect everyone to get everything. ML is my mother and M C. is her cousin (older ladies). We can fight over the good stuff (and I'll win because I'm the biggest)

Nancy
You may be surprised! We older folks get slower and have less strength, but we make up for it with cunning sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzisme View Post
Yes we now have our cabin--looks great for location!
And decided to book our Cartegena tour with the cruise line.
Too late for us to get Palo but will try once on board.
Sunshine here plus the local daffodil flower show is going on today!

What do you ladies do for daytime wear? Capris and tops?
No cabin for us yet. Yes, I wear capris or shorts and tops for daytime wear.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #1713
puckjunkie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
That is very nice of you! Glad you have joined the DIS. Check out the first page of this thread for some good information
Thanks - much appreciated. Someone responded (kbishop2013) via PM but I could not reply directly since I don't yet have 10 posts, so I sent my PM reply to one of the members listed as staff (I sent my reply to 'The DIS Moderator Team' username asking if they could forward it along to kbishop2013). Would that work, or should I wait until I have 10 posts?. Thanks for the help. Cheers.
puckjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #1714
kbishop2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:

kbishop2013 - thanks for the PM. It's yours if you want it. I don't have 10 posts yet and it wouldn't let me reply to your PM. I forwarded a reply to one of the moderators asking if the could send you my full response. Hopefully it works - if not, I'll try another route. Thanks. Cheers.
Yeah! Thanks!
Real name is Kristin Bishop, Cabin 7532. Let me know when/where works for you!
kbishop2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #1715
puckjunkie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishop2013 View Post
Yeah! Thanks!
Real name is Kristin Bishop, Cabin 7532. Let me know when/where works for you!
Great - we'll jot down your name and room number. I think my wife said she can call your stateroom and we can make arrangements once we unpack onboard. If you're not in the room, we can leave a message and once we touch base, we can make arrangements for you guys to pick it up. I hope it fits, but my son was 10 and tall for his age when we bought it in 2010, so it should hopefully fit your son.

Thanks,

Cheers.
puckjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #1716
caswarnock
Earning My Ears

We are going!!!

I know I am late in the game, but just found this board. My sons and I will be on the cruise. They are 7 and 9. Went on the Wonder for Christmas. Depressing as it sounds, my husband was killed in Afghanistan the day before our youngest turned 6, on Dec 14, 2011. So, after we finally were able to burry him in Arlington last December, we bailed and set off on a Disney Adventure. And even before we left the ship decided it would be so much fun to do another!

CANNOT wait to meet you all :-)

(I'd post a pic, but don't know how to do that)

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
caswarnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #1717
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswarnock View Post
I know I am late in the game, but just found this board. My sons and I will be on the cruise. They are 7 and 9. Went on the Wonder for Christmas. Depressing as it sounds, my husband was killed in Afghanistan the day before our youngest turned 6, on Dec 14, 2011. So, after we finally were able to burry him in Arlington last December, we bailed and set off on a Disney Adventure. And even before we left the ship decided it would be so much fun to do another!

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Welcome to the DIS and welcome to our cruise thread! It will be nice to meet you and your sons.

I was able to enjoy some cruises after my first husband died and my girls were still young teens. What cruise and ship were you on before?

Be sure to check page 1 of this thread for some more details. Sorry for your loss, but glad to see you are taking some trips with your family.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #1718
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Sorry I see now where u cruised before. Tired here lol.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #1719
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Welcome!!! So sorry for your loss and greatful for you husband's sacrifice for us. And so glad you and your sons are joining us! You will love, love the longer cruise!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #1720
roseburghughes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Greetings all,

We will be cruising on the Westbound Panama Canal Cruise, leaving May 6th. It will be our 5th Disney Cruise (2nd WBPC) and looking forward to it! Packing for the trip and noticed we have a Disney World Pirate League costume, size Boys XL, bought back in The World in 2010. It's still in great shape, only worn by our son a couple of times. It's too small for him now. We were going to donate locally with other clothes during spring cleaning, but thought maybe someone looking for a costume for their child for the Pirates in the Caribbean party on the ship would be interested, no charge. If interested, please PM me and I we can arrange to meet on the ship somewhere to drop it off. Assuming there's interest, we'll give it to the first legit PM. Cheers.
Welcome.

Quote:

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Welcome and sorry for your loss.

This is going to be a great cruise.

My To Do List Update:

I spent an hour on the web finishing my "to do list"

Long-term parking at Portland Airport -check

Florida car rental - check

Transportation from LA Port to LAX (Supershuttle) - check

Transportation from Ft Lauderdale Hotel to Miami Port. Sent email to SAS, couldn't make reservation on website because we are coming form Hotel and their phone number refers you back to their website. - waiting for reply

Three weeks from tomorrow

Disneyland:1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, "Day of July 17, 2005", 2007, 2008, 2011
Walt Disney World: 1976, 1998, 2003, 2007, 2010
Disney Cruises:
December 2003 - 4 Night Bahamian
December 2007 - 7 Night Western Caribbean
September 2010 -14 Night WBTA Repositioning
September 2011 - 5 Night Vancouver to Los Angeles Repositioning
May 2013 - 14 Night WB Panama Canal Repositioning

roseburghughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #1721
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

Entertainment

OK, all you DCL insiders,
Have anbody heard who might be on board as the Entertainment?!?
I know Ducky Williams likes the longer cruises/ anyword if he will be on this one?

Just "Wonder"ing....

Robin & Angel "D"
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Robin"D" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #1722
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Greetings all,

Welcome to the group. What a lovely gesture to offer a costume to someone.

Quote:

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah
Hi and welcome. So sorry to hear about your husband.

You are all going to love this long cruise. Spoils you though for any future ones!!!

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #1723
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin"D" View Post
OK, all you DCL insiders,
Have anbody heard who might be on board as the Entertainment?!?
I know Ducky Williams likes the longer cruises/ anyword if he will be on this one?

Just "Wonder"ing....

Robin & Angel "D"
I ran into Ducky at Disneyland two days before last years EBPC at Candlelight. I asked him if he will be on this one. He said he was going in the Transatlantic out of Galveston. He did say though he was planing on making a litho for us. Things change so we will see.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #1724
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah

Welcome! So sorry for your loss - and thank you for your husband's service.

Looking forward to meeting you and the kiddos! Are you coming to the DISMeet embarkation day?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #1725
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Tooting my own horn a bit - Scott and I host a Disney fan podcast and our latest episode (episode 125) contains our WBPC pre-trip report, a review of the 10th Edition of the PassPorter Disney Cruise Line and Ports of Call guidebook, as well as an audio recording of the Finding Nemo: The Musical show from Animal Kingdom.

Feel free to stop by the website and check it out! www.disneyindiana.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: